closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 5513 Submariner Maxi Dial

Craftsman

5513 Submariner Maxi Dial

https://thewatchcollector.co.uk/prod...-mk1-maxi-dial

I was looking for an older Matte dial for a sub and spotted this on a sellers website , made an enquiry and didn`t hear back , I`ve checked the different dial variations for this model and cant find it . The more I look at it , the more it looks wrong , and the price is quite good for a dial of this model . Anyone can confirm my thoughts are correct or I`ve missed something !
    Cheers
    Tom

I honestly don’t know if it’s genuine or not, but if you zoom in on the 6 and 9 markers there seems to be staining on the dial.

Master
    Only viewing on my phone but looks more like a pre comex to me. Coronet is stumpier and the s in submariner is quite round whereas the mk 1's 's' is more like a zig zag shape.
    Check out 5513 matte dial .com, sure you have though 

Master
    This is a type 1

Blog Entries
    my 1970 for ref.

Craftsman
    Dial is fake already informed seller but he disagreed saying it came from a collector he’d been dealing with for years should be open 6’s coronet is wrong and the t-25 looks like a 5 year old has done it why he’s not withdrawn it speaks volumes

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matdaytona View Post
    Dial is fake already informed seller but he disagreed saying it came from a collector he’d been dealing with for years should be open 6’s coronet is wrong and the t-25 looks like a 5 year old has done it why he’s not withdrawn it speaks volumes
    Yeh - the T< 25 is definitely suspect when comparing it with http://www.5513mattedial.com

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Yeh - the T< 25 is definitely suspect when comparing it with http://www.5513mattedial.com
    What gets me is his write up on the dial it’s almost like he thinks he knows what he’s talking about hope no one gets duped into buying from a so called expert

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Looked at this but the dial isnt comparable to the ones listed in the Maxi section . I can see now the 6 number is closed and all should be opena nd the Rolex Coronet isnt the same so its either a bad dial or rare !!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetinfloor View Post
    This is a type 1

Not the same as the one for sale ;-/

Master
    The seller has been informed that it's a bad dial and is still selling it. Does he not care about his reputation?

I was considering buying a S/S Sub which was a full set, until a member here contacted me and mentioned his concerns.
    So I never took it any further.
    Thank you to that member and the forum, for all the knowledge that is here :-)

I was interested in a 5513 or a 16800 they had for sale. After researching there was a question mark whether the dials were correct for the serial number range so I took it no further.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    The seller has been informed that it's a bad dial and is still selling it. Does he not care about his reputation?
    He had the dial on offer at the Midlands Watch Fair today and was proudly singing its praises.

The dial is fake. End of.