closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Sinn 103 Klassik 12 released

New Sinn 103 Klassik 12 released

Sinn released a new model, the 103 klassik 12. Quite like it. Limited to 600 pieces to commemorate the 60th birthday of the brand. Featues the Ar module and comes with two leather straps. Nicely done and no aged like this time. They could have dropped the date imho.

https://www.sinn.de/de/Modell/103_Klassik_12.htm
    Last edited by Glen Goyne; 3rd September 2021 at 11:45.

Master
    Yes very nice that and very tempting although I don’t suppose the 600 will hang around long

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Yes very nice that and very tempting although I don’t suppose the 600 will hang around long
    They're already sold out according to the Sinn site, but some resellers may have stock left. None of UK resellers have even listed it on their sites yet. Anyone interested better be quick.

I like it a lot, but I think I slightly prefer my 103A Sa B and definitely couldn't justify owning both. Doesn't mean I didn't consider it. I think I slightly prefer the original classic. Rare though that may be, if you can't buy one of these either, it makes little difference.
    Last edited by robt; 4th September 2021 at 21:25. Reason: typo

A handsome watch but 17mm thick seems excessively unwieldy.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    A handsome watch but 17mm thick seems excessively unwieldy.
    Didn't notice that, I wonder if it's a mistake. The rest of the dimensions are the same as a standard 103. I assumed it was the same case. It's already fairly chunky, but still wearable, at about ~15mm thick.

I just spotted the video on the page and watched some of that. The still photos don't really do it justice by the look of it. I didn't even notice the applied markers.

I didn't watch the whole thing, but it didn't look like it was that big.

Sapphire case back probably adds a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Sapphire case back probably adds a bit
    Mine has that too and it's not 17mm thick.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Didn't notice that, I wonder if it's a mistake. The rest of the dimensions are the same as a standard 103. I assumed it was the same case. It's already fairly chunky, but still wearable, at about ~15mm thick.

I just spotted the video on the page and watched some of that. The still photos don't really do it justice by the look of it. I didn't even notice the applied markers.

I didn't watch the whole thing, but it didn't look like it was that big.
    It’s the same size as my 103 St Sa which also has domed sapphire crystal both sides which adds a couple of mm which in reality I don’t really notice. Mine is normally on the lovely Sinn 5 piece link bracelet which is super comfy.

I was about to question the stubby hands but have noticed lately that my black bay's minute hand is difficult to place on the markers. I do need glasses though...

It’s the same size as my 103 St Sa which also has domed sapphire crystal both sides
    Mine's the same. I just double-checked the spec in the archive and it says 17mm too. I've always thought it was about 15! Just goes to show how unnoticeable it is (although it definitely is slightly top-heavy). I'll need to get the calipers out later and verify.

As you note, it'll be the height to the tops of the two crystals, which are domed on both sides. So it certainly doesn't look as thick as 17mm makes it sound.

Master
    Mine's the same. I just double-checked the spec in the archive and it says 17mm too. I've always thought it was about 15! Just goes to show how unnoticeable it is (although it definitely is slightly top-heavy). I'll need to get the calipers out later and verify.

As you note, it'll be the height to the tops of the two crystals, which are domed on both sides. So it certainly doesn't look as thick as 17mm makes it sound.
    Spot on Rob, I really don’t notice the extra couple of mm for the reasons you set out. I only ever wear on bracelet or leather and it never feels top heavy but may be on a nato strap it would.

Spot on Rob, I really don’t notice the extra couple of mm for the reasons you set out. I only ever wear on bracelet or leather and it never feels top heavy but may be on a nato strap it would.
    I mostly wear mine on a nato. It's quite top heavy compared to say the MM300 (which lately I tend to wear on an MN). It still works very well on the nato and is very comfortable. You can feel it wobbling around a bit though, which adds a certain "wearer experience". I actually quite like that, but OTOH sometimes I want to wear something and just not notice it at all. This isn't the watch for that. In contrast though, the MM300 is that much heavier in general that if the strap has any play in it, it will pull itself away from the middle of the wrist and try to flop around the side if it can. Whereas the 103, despite the wobbliness, doesn't do that. It stays put. Overall, it's fairly light and doesn't feel overly "big". I think that's a big contributor to it being very comfortable on a nato.

I've got the H-link bracelet for the 103, but rarely have it on that. I find the Sinn bracelets too thick to be really comfortable. Very solid, but just too heavy. Over-engineered, but not in a good way. I had the 5-link one briefly but exchanged it because that was even worse and it didn't have any micro adjustments, so I couldn't get a perfect fit (YMMV). It's a shame because I really like how it looks. I believe the version for the 3-handers like the 104 and the 556 is about half the thickness of the 103 version. I tend to gravitate away from bracelets in general though. I used to wear a Kemmner Octopus on a bracelet regularly, but after moving it into more occasional rotation I started really noticing the deep trenches it was leaving behind in my wrist. That is a big, heavy watch. Maybe that's made me hyper sensitive to bracelets or something. The only one I really like now without reservation is for the Seiko Presage, which is outstanding.

The only one I really like now without reservation is for the Seiko Presage, which is outstanding.
    Curious to know which Presage model that would be? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Curious to know which Presage model that would be? Thanks.
    AFAIK this is the bracelet: https://www.gnomonwatches.com/produc...et-for-presage, but I don't know if it's actually supplied with any models. I got it from SC. It's not included with my SARX029, which only comes on a black leather strap. I also cannot find a model number for it. I've only ever seen it listed as "original bracelet for ...". That page gives a list of compatible models.

The construction looks like a standard Y-link with polished edges, like the MM300. However, it's actually an H-link and each of the centre parts is actually 3 separate pieces. I.e., each polished edge is a completely separate piece from the brushed middle. It's very subtle though, so the only way to tell is to check the back of the bracelet up close. It does add a teeny bit more flex compared to most bracelets, which in addition to it being really thin, makes it super comfy.

The only way this bracelet could maybe be improved is by welding together 5 separate pieces to make the end links. They are a single solid piece, which means the polished parts are not quite as sharp looking as the separate pieces used for the rest of the links. This is only noticeable from up close, but it's a shame they didn't go with over-engineered construction (in a good way this time!) all the way through.

Master
    Has anyone been given an update yet on the expected delivery date for the Sinn 103 Classic 12. Looking forward to seeing this one.

Nice. Very nice. Perhaps very, very nice.

I wish Sinn would consider re-editioning (if I may verbificate) the original 103. I owned one and liked it very much.