closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nivada Grenchen - the good and the ugly

Nivada Grenchen - the good and the ugly

Hi guys

I thought it fair to leave a bit of a heads up on dealing with this company. Firstly the watches are terrific. Great value too. I've had 2. So if you like the look of the watches just know they will be even better in the metal. I'd buy another.

The caveat is this - the customer service is absolutely non existent. I had issues with both watches (I didn't realise there was an issue with the first one until I sold it on and the buyer is having issues with getting Nevada to respond). The 2nd watch was running 1 min fast a day out of the box (turns out it was magnetised and I sorted this myself but read on) and also they sent it with the wrong strap. Since the 22nd July I was emailing them every week to their dedicated customer service email address (the only way you can get in touch with them) and have yet to have a single response. Not one. So 6 weeks later I feel it fair to call it out here as part of a heads up that Nivada makes nice watches but is a shambles from an aftercare perspective and the direct opposite of what it was like to deal with MING who were swift and courteous when dealing with an issue on my Massena.

So whilst I can heartily recommend the watches as among the most accurate reproductions of classics, just know if you buy one you are on your own (in my experience at least) if anything goes wrong. And both mine had issues.

I think that's a fair callout Ryan. Maybe stick it in H&V forum also.

Master
    Interested to read this - thanks Ryan. I've been very close to taking a punt on one of the Chronomasters but that kind of (non-) aftercare is a deterrent.

Terrific watches, great value, but both had problems and company goes AWOL? Er, OK.

Time is money and you've wasted a lot of yours trying to get service problems resolved. Doesn't sound like such a great value to me.

Issues with both watches and non-existent customer service, yet you'd still buy another. Sounds a bit like horological masochism.

Master
    I did receive one of the Chronomasters this year it was a Xmas present but they were late shipping. The chronograph hand always looked like it was not in sync and after using the function the chronograph hand will not reset to zero it resets to one second before. I have reached out to CS but with no response but when buying the watch they couldn't be more happy responding to all my emails.

It looks like I will have to step up my game to get them to resolve the issue if no response is how they solve problems.