closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Tudor Marine Nationale Pelagos

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    Are they trickling through or do we expect to see a deluge like the bb58 by the end of the year?
    Most AD's I've spoken to talk of getting one a quarter with no real idea of if that pace will change.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seang View Post
    Most AD's I've spoken to talk of getting one a quarter with no real idea of if that pace will change.
    Shit, one every 3 months!! It might be a long wait I guess. Not to worry I suppose at least I can replenish my funds in the meantime:)

Master
    Well worth waiting for. I wore my SD43 for holiday on the North Antrim coast this week and really missing the FXD. Deffo my go-to summer/watersports watch.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Master
    I must say, for me, this is by far the best looking Tudor and I would certainly consider one if they ever become a bit more readily available. Keep the pics coming guys… lovely watch

Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Spot on.
    Shame really. The idea of faffing around to get a Tudor is quite off putting but hey, these are the times we live in, bigger problems and all that. Still a watch I’m keen to pick up at some point through.

Quote Originally Posted by matt74 View Post
    Shame really. The idea of faffing around to get a Tudor is quite off putting but hey, these are the times we live in, bigger problems and all that. Still a watch I’m keen to pick up at some point through.
    I think 2 or 3 have passed through SC - so it’s still fairly easy to get one (relatively speaking)

Defeats the point but a MN on bracelet would be the ultimate Tudor. The Pelagos is in my mind the best watch Tudor make by a mile.

The colour of the MN is nicer, no date is my preference, and the reduced thickness works really well. Just needs a T clasp like the BB Pro and it would be perfect.

If you're happy with NATO straps or Erika's originals I would definitely get your name down for one. Worth the wait.

Master
    Tudor bracelets aren't great in my experience, and the whole fixed lugs design is of course the very essence of the Pelagos FXD.

It's a fabulous piece of kit just as it is and it's my exit watch.

Journeyman
    I'm double wearing today, mainly because I can't take either of these off, no prizes for the first, but does anyone want to guess both from lume alone?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I think the lower one is the BB Chrono.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    I think the lower one is the BB Chrono.
    Indeed! Care to take a punt on the dial and what I replaced the bracelet with?

As that's a tough ask based on a lume shot, bear in mind my main preference is vintage, I love a Mil' watch and for the strap....... Don't stray far from pic one.

Indeed! Care to take a punt on the dial and what I replaced the bracelet with?

As that's a tough ask based on a lume shot, bear in mind my main preference is vintage, I love a Mil' watch and for the strap....... Don't stray far from pic one.

Genuinely no clue but as I am bored and waiting to run my daughter in to Manchester I will go with black dial on an Erikas Original.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Genuinely no clue but as I am bored and waiting to run my daughter in to Manchester I will go with black dial on an Erikas Original.
    Close on the dial, off brand on the strap, I'm waiting for an AE Dr to write a discharge letter for my FIL so may well win the "most bored" contest, your move

Question

Quote Originally Posted by matt74 View Post

I "might" know of an AD that could help if you're dead keen Matt. Always worth asking the question to help out..

Got one of these last week from the new tudor shop in Bristol. Very pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchOnWrist View Post
    Got one of these last week from the new tudor shop in Bristol. Very pleased with it.

Was that at cribbs or Cabot circus?

Was that at cribbs or Cabot circus?
    Cribbs

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchOnWrist View Post
    Cribbs

Cheers, I may check them out. I didn’t realise that the new store had opened. Maybe these are becoming readily available seeing as you were able to go straight in a buy one.

Master
    Or being a new shop it had no preferred customer or waiting list?

I was one of the first in the new Cribbs Boutique, and they were very specific that they had to open with everything in stock.
    White chrono, all variants of Pro, FXD, all BB58s (including the boutique only bronze) BB in ceramic silver, gold etc.
    Whether they can maintain tgat, or whether it is there for customers to look (and not buy) remains to be seen.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I was one of the first in the new Cribbs Boutique, and they were very specific that they had to open with everything in stock.
    White chrono, all variants of Pro, FXD, all BB58s (including the boutique only bronze) BB in ceramic silver, gold etc.
    Whether they can maintain tgat, or whether it is there for customers to look (and not buy) remains to be seen.
    Yeap, just rung them. It’s a join the list in store/person scenario… good news is that there are only a handful of people on it as they’ve only just opened. The guy I spoke to said that he has no idea of numbers coming in though but mentioned that as they are a boutique they get more than standard Tudor ADs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Any idea of the height (lug to lug) dimension?

Master
    I believe it’s 52mm lug to lug

Master
    Blog Entries
    I believe it’s 52mm lug to lug
    Thanks. Oof, that's out of consideration then...

It doesn’t feel big, wraps round nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Don't let the 52mm deter you. I have a relatively small 6.5 inch on the round side wrist and it wears perfectly fine.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    That's misleading as the strap covers the greatest convexity of the lugs.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    That's misleading as the strap covers the greatest convexity of the lugs.
    True. Dont be misled by on paper lug length.

Agree with the above. I'm usually a firm 50mm lug to lug max wearer but this is easily wearable as it is. Incredible watch. Up there for me with the BB Pro as the best Tudor currently made.

I have my MN 22 with me in Devon this week, along with my Siduna chrono, which I wore today for the first time this week.
    Mid afternoon in the surf the Siduna shed a springbar after one wipeout, and was only saved from disappearing by me wearing a Nato, but the MN has that covered. The solid lugs do make a difference.

I have my MN 22 with me in Devon this week, along with my Siduna chrono, which I wore today for the first time this week.
    Mid afternoon in the surf the Siduna shed a springbar after one wipeout, and was only saved from disappearing by me wearing a Nato, but the MN has that covered. The solid lugs do make a difference.
    Glad your watch was ok but great to hear an example of why the design of the fxd is more that just aesthetics

Wow, that is a lucky break.

I dug out this handmade Bund strap and think it suits the FXD quite well.

Craftsman
    Absolute strap monster and much more comfortable on the wrist than my original Pelagos.

Quote Originally Posted by Highroller1 View Post
    Absolute strap monster and much more comfortable on the wrist than my original Pelagos.
    Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    I dug out this handmade Bund strap and think it suits the FXD quite well.

That's really nice. If it could be done in a blue to compliment the dial I'd probably get one. Who made it?

2021 Tudor Marine Nationale Pelagos

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    That's really nice. If it could be done in a blue to compliment the dial I'd probably get one. Who made it?
    Thank you I have attached a link she can probably custom a strap to your requirements the problem at the moment is that she is based in Kyiv so is unable to currently post.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/PrideAndBright

Definitely.

Looks the business on that

From looking at the pics the position would be wrong for drilled lugs and spring bars. I would say it is a scratch or mark.

Master

This arrived earlier this week all the way from Sheffield.
    They wear really nicely on the Octopod strap. The Velcro one that came with it is too short even for my average size 7.5 inch wrist.

Journeyman
    The Velcro one that came with it is too short even for my average size 7.5 wrist
    I'm the same size wrist as you and the velcro strap fits fine, I've heard there are 3 strap sizes though. I'll measure mine in a bit and edit this post - 29cm

The AD may swap it for a bigger size and to buy one runs you £140 or thereabouts
    Last edited by Seang; 24th July 2022 at 18:13.

Just got mine… and it may need to go to make room for another incoming! Damn this hobby / curse. ‘Tis a great watch though!

Master
    Been tasked with finding one of these for a 50th, so if anyone sees one please let me know!

Cool

This arrived earlier this week all the way from Sheffield.
    They wear really nicely on the Octopod strap. The Velcro one that came with it is too short even for my average size 7.5 inch wrist.

Glad you got one mate. Enjoy.

Nice strap too. I’m on the look out for one and love the khaki one with yelllow pinstripe that someone posted. Research needed as I want one that’s as close to OEM looking as possible and not too long so you get that “bunching” on one side…

Question

Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    Don't let the 52mm deter you. I have a relatively small 6.5 inch on the round side wrist and it wears perfectly fine.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    Which brand strap is this one please? Thanks

Glad you got one mate. Enjoy.

Nice strap too. I’m on the look out for one and love the khaki one with yelllow pinstripe that someone posted. Research needed as I want one that’s as close to OEM looking as possible and not too long so you get that “bunching” on one side…

After quite a bit of research this is the nearest that I could find to the original and it wears really well

https://ndcstraps.com/

Question

After quite a bit of research this is the nearest that I could find to the original and it wears really well

https://ndcstraps.com/

Thanks, just checked those out but feeling that £50 plus is maybe a little bit trumpy for a nato. Or, feel free to tell me I’m wrong here!

Which brand strap is this one please? Thanks
    The strap is by the watch steward

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Question

Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    The strap is by the watch steward

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Thanks very much.
    Last edited by Gareth-W; 29th July 2022 at 22:15. Reason: Talking nonsense!