closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 551 to 600 of 601

Thread: 2021 Tudor Marine Nationale Pelagos

  1. #551
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    2,007
    Someone on here bought the short strap so maybe a fair bet is that the long is as longer as the short is smaller.

  2. #552
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Yorkshireman at heart
    Posts
    2,789
    Blog Entries
    2
    Has anybody actually managed to get hold of a new OEM strap? I ordered one about 6 months ago from my AD & it still hasnít arrived. I chased it up over a month ago as well.

  3. #553
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Maidstone
    Posts
    1,279
    Does anyone know if the rubber strap is available in different lengths like the woven one? I could benefit from a longer one, the supplied one is only just big enough for my enormo-paws. I asked in my local AD but the salesperson said "I don't know much about the watches, I do jewellery mostly" & failed to get any sense out of "the system" when she tried to look it up, "system must be down or summink innit?"

  4. #554
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    4,185
    Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Someone on here bought the short strap so maybe a fair bet is that the long is as longer as the short is smaller.
    I got the shorter strap as I didn't like the original "overhanging" the velcro. I can do a measure and compare if anyone is interested?

    Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

  5. #555
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    16,121
    I tried to get the longer velcro nato for the FXD in Harrods one day as I figured being a boutique they would be able to help.

    I was told different lengths didn't exist and the attitude I got was unreal. Served me right for trying to mix with the big wigs.

  6. #556
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    biddulph moor
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    They bypassed you because you were unable to answer the phone?

    Unbelievable.
    I know but unfortunately true. I have no prior history or relationship with the store. Hopefully they get more soon.

  7. #557
    Apprentice Phill_UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Location
    Eastbourne, UK
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    I was on the verge of ordering a long length OEM strap at the weekend from the AD.

    Unfortunately they couldnít tell me what the actual length of the long strap was and I canít find the info anywhere. I donít fancy blowing a stack of cash on one only to find itís not the right length.

    If anyone has one and could take a few measurements, that would be massively helpful. Wondering about overall length of the strap and positioning of the Velcro. Not sure I can justify at £140 though tbh, for some reason I thought they were £90.
    I have one. Itís about 13Ē long


  8. #558
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    I have one. Itís about 13Ē long

    Thank you, thatís really helpful, do you know your wrist size and would there be any chance of seeing it on the watch with a wrist shot?

    Sorry to be a pain!

  9. #559
    Apprentice Phill_UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Location
    Eastbourne, UK
    Posts
    6

    2021 Tudor Marine Nationale Pelagos

    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Thank you, thatís really helpful, do you know your wrist size and would there be any chance of seeing it on the watch with a wrist shot?

    Sorry to be a pain!
    No problem. My wrist size is 7.25 inches (18.5cm) and the long strap is a bit too long for me.

    I bought it because the original medium strap showed about 10mm of Velcro when worn and that annoyed me. Unfortunately the long strap now overlaps the Velcro by about 10mm and that annoys me even more. Could do with something between the two.

    The FXD and straps are back in the box as I donít wear it anymore, so no photos Iím afraid.
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 25th January 2023 at 02:19.

  10. #560
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    No problem. My wrist size is 7.25 inches (18.5cm) and the long strap is a bit too long for me.

    I bought it because the original medium strap showed about 10mm of Velcro when worn and that annoyed me. Unfortunately the long strap now overlaps the Velcro by about 10mm and that annoys me even more. Could do with something between the two.

    The FXD and straps are back in the box as I donít wear it anymore, so no photos Iím afraid.
    Hi Phil - I am currently waiting for a call from an AD on an FXD after placing a deposit last month.

    Itís interesting you no longer wear this watch and I hope you donít mind me asking, but is there a particular reason for this? Is it not comfortable or you just didnít bond with it?

    Personally Iíve not been as excited by a new watch for years, but views from existing owners would be appreciated.

    Thanks

  11. #561
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    No problem. My wrist size is 7.25 inches (18.5cm) and the long strap is a bit too long for me.

    I bought it because the original medium strap showed about 10mm of Velcro when worn and that annoyed me. Unfortunately the long strap now overlaps the Velcro by about 10mm and that annoys me even more. Could do with something between the two.

    The FXD and straps are back in the box as I donít wear it anymore, so no photos Iím afraid.
    Thatís really helpful, thank you again.

  12. #562
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    2,007
    Tbh although the supplied velcro strap is nice and I found it really comfortable to wear the velcro loop part does start to "fluff up". I also found the stitched end (of the loop part) that shows collects fluff from jumpers etc so you end up with a bit of red there for example. Given they are £140 to replace I've just bought an EO in similar colours and that is probably a better strap for less.

  13. #563
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Maidstone
    Posts
    1,279
    My FXD lives mostly on an original MN elastic strap but occasionally diverts onto the supplied rubber strap, though this is a bit short to be perfect. I've heard quite a few people say the woven strap attracts fluff & loses its "stick". Luckily for me I don't really like it so I left it in the box to stay mint.

  14. #564
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    1,021
    Got a call yesterday and mine is arriving tomorrow hopefully. Think Iíll do a bit of advance strap shopping. I believe you could go either 20 or 22mm, does anyone know if thatís correct and if so which option is preferable please?

  15. #565

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    No problem. My wrist size is 7.25 inches (18.5cm) and the long strap is a bit too long for me.

    I bought it because the original medium strap showed about 10mm of Velcro when worn and that annoyed me. Unfortunately the long strap now overlaps the Velcro by about 10mm and that annoys me even more. Could do with something between the two.

    The FXD and straps are back in the box as I donít wear it anymore, so no photos Iím afraid.

    Same wrist size here and I was going to order a new strap to cover up the velcro (for the same reasons you stated Phill) but sounds like the one you bought doesn't quite do the job either? Just to be clear, which specific one did you buy to try and cover up the exposed velcro please? Assume it is the one in the picture?

  16. #566
    Apprentice Phill_UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Location
    Eastbourne, UK
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Got a call yesterday and mine is arriving tomorrow hopefully. Think Iíll do a bit of advance strap shopping. I believe you could go either 20 or 22mm, does anyone know if thatís correct and if so which option is preferable please?
    22mm

    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Same wrist size here and I was going to order a new strap to cover up the velcro (for the same reasons you stated Phill) but sounds like the one you bought doesn't quite do the job either? Just to be clear, which specific one did you buy to try and cover up the exposed velcro please? Assume it is the one in the picture?
    Yes, the long one in the photo.

  17. #567
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    22mm
    Cheers Phil - just ordered 3 NATOs in some rather Ďstrikingí colours.

  18. #568
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    1,021
    Going to be fun keep changing this up. All straps from the ĎThrifty Gentlemaní at a total cost of £26.






  19. #569
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Going to be fun keep changing this up. All straps from the ĎThrifty Gentlemaní at a total cost of £26.

    V nice straps!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #570
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    biddulph moor
    Posts
    549
    Just had the second call that I didnít miss this time, and apology.

    Collecting tomorrow afternoon, but apparently price is now up to £3420.

  21. #571
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    2,007
    Quote Originally Posted by ac82 View Post
    Just had the second call that I didnít miss this time, and apology.

    Collecting tomorrow afternoon, but apparently price is now up to £3420.
    Yep. That was a result of the latest Tudor price increase. Still at least you now get one.

  22. #572
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    biddulph moor
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Yep. That was a result of the latest Tudor price increase. Still at least you now get one.
    Yep. Finally collected pretty impressed so far.

    The sales guy at Beaverbrooks said there were still 16 on the waiting list there. (Trafford Centre)

    They have had 6 FXD in since December 2021.

    4 in 2022, 2 this year. He said they seem to come in pairs a couple of months apart.

    Had a choice of three ďfreeĒ gifts, went for Wolf watch winder.

    Could have had £200 voucher (not for this purchase) or 8 watch box.

  23. #573
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    4,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Going to be fun keep changing this up. All straps from the ĎThrifty Gentlemaní at a total cost of £26.





    Hi may I ask if these are the MN type straps from thrifty gentleman? I ask as I emailed them to ask if their MN type were suitable for a FXD and they replied that they are not?

    Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

  24. #574
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Hi may I ask if these are the MN type straps from thrifty gentleman? I ask as I emailed them to ask if their MN type were suitable for a FXD and they replied that they are not?

    Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk
    Morning Rob,

    They are indeed and heís correct they arenít suitable off the bat, but itís an easy modification to make them fit.

    Itís just a case of removing (cutting the fabric) one of the clasps to make it a single pass strap. Iíll post a few pics to show you what I mean later. Once done they effectively become a nato type strap which can be secured very easily with the remaining 2 clasps.

    I resorted to this as the MN straps seem to come in the most suitable colours and material combinations and once modified make a very secure and robust solution.

  25. #575
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    4,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Morning Rob,

    They are indeed and heís correct they arenít suitable off the bat, but itís an easy modification to make them fit.

    Itís just a case of removing (cutting the fabric) one of the clasps to make it a single pass strap. Iíll post a few pics to show you what I mean later. Once done they effectively become a nato type strap which can be secured very easily with the remaining 2 clasps.

    I resorted to this as the MN straps seem to come in the most suitable colours and material combinations and once modified make a very secure and robust solution.
    Appreciate that. Look forward to seeing the pics

    Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

  26. #576
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    1,021
    Below are some pics that are hopefully self-explanatory. Itís just a case of removing one of the hooks by cutting the strap to make it look like the first pic. You can then fasten it as much as you wish passing the strap through the remaining 2 clasps.

    Because the strap is elastic you can even fasten it off your wrist and then put it on, or fasten and tighten whilst on the wrist.





  27. #577
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    5,632
    I spoke to the Bristol Tudor boutique yesterday, they had eventually got me a Pelagos 39 (which I couldn't take, and they gave me too short a window to post it here for someone else).
    They reckoned 39s are coming through in relatively larger quantities (he quoted one a month, at least), but they simply aren't getting enough FXDs. They reckoned Tudor are stll keen to have it remain as a limited release, even if it is not a numbered one.

  28. #578
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I spoke to the Bristol Tudor boutique yesterday, they had eventually got me a Pelagos 39 (which I couldn't take, and they gave me too short a window to post it here for someone else).
    They reckoned 39s are coming through in relatively larger quantities (he quoted one a month, at least), but they simply aren't getting enough FXDs. They reckoned Tudor are stll keen to have it remain as a limited release, even if it is not a numbered one.
    Funnily enough I spoke to them last week whilst passing . He said that FXD were coming through at some point. I wonder if they are going to keep this poor supply going. Harrods black bay were the same when they came out but now they are pretty common and are even below rrp used which was rare a year ago. Itíll be a shame if they discontinued the FXD. Maybe a new colour would be released :)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #579
    Quote Originally Posted by ac82 View Post
    Yep. Finally collected pretty impressed so far.

    The sales guy at Beaverbrooks said there were still 16 on the waiting list there. (Trafford Centre)

    They have had 6 FXD in since December 2021.

    4 in 2022, 2 this year. He said they seem to come in pairs a couple of months apart.

    Had a choice of three ďfreeĒ gifts, went for Wolf watch winder.

    Could have had £200 voucher (not for this purchase) or 8 watch box.
    I collected one last night from the Trafford Centre Beaverbrooks so I think a few must be coming through if they had previously received 2 this year. I had a 5 month wait which isn't too bad.

  30. #580
    Master helidoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Parto View Post
    I collected one last night from the Trafford Centre Beaverbrooks so I think a few must be coming through if they had previously received 2 this year. I had a 5 month wait which isn't too bad.
    Iím at 5 months wait at the Goldsmiths run Tudor boutique at the Trafford Centre. Might be time to ask for an update

    D


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  31. #581
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    biddulph moor
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    Iím at 5 months wait at the Goldsmiths run Tudor boutique at the Trafford Centre. Might be time to ask for an update

    D


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They politely suggested I had no chance there without previous purchases and asked if there was anything I wanted to buy at the time before going on their list.

  32. #582
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,761
    My interest in watches has waned a bit over the years but the FXD really is a looker and I often find myself checking this thread - there are some great strap combos. Keep Ďem coming!

  33. #583
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    4,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Below are some pics that are hopefully self-explanatory. Itís just a case of removing one of the hooks by cutting the strap to make it look like the first pic. You can then fasten it as much as you wish passing the strap through the remaining 2 clasps.

    Because the strap is elastic you can even fasten it off your wrist and then put it on, or fasten and tighten whilst on the wrist.




    Thanks for that, I'll give it a lash.

    Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

  34. #584
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    My FXD lives mostly on an original MN elastic strap but occasionally diverts onto the supplied rubber strap, though this is a bit short to be perfect. I've heard quite a few people say the woven strap attracts fluff & loses its "stick". Luckily for me I don't really like it so I left it in the box to stay mint.
    On this subject, I've had my FXD around 12 months now and I ordered the shorter Tudor fabric strap on the day of collection. The strap turned up a couple of months later at the end of May, so 9 months ago. I don't wear the watch every day, and I also wear it on different straps, but the hook and loop/Velcro has now stopped sticking - so much so that I don't trust it to keep the watch on my wrist.

    I took the strap back to the supplying Tudor AD yesterday and both the sales assistant and store manager agreed it was not acceptable. So they're contacting Tudor to see what they say.

    Reading around on the web it seems it's a known issue and Tudor say "it's a strap, it's wear and tear, no replacement under warranty" so I'm expecting a knock back, however the AD may do a deal on a replacement I guess.

    In the meantime, I've got a few of the above mentioned Thrifty Gentleman straps (albeit in the NATO style) and they're great except for the springbar buckle which kind of negates the fixed bars of the watch unfortunately! I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and order an Erika's Original...

  35. #585
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Maidstone
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and order an Erika's Original...
    Look at NDC straps before you sell an organ to fund an Erika's strap. They're cheaper, have the authenticity & are probably going to arrive faster. They also do 2 versions; the old school version or a single pass NATO. Both use the traditional elasticated green / yellow material. I have both & I'm happy with them. The proper look at a sensible (ish) price.

  36. #586
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Look at NDC straps before you sell an organ to fund an Erika's strap. They're cheaper, have the authenticity & are probably going to arrive faster. They also do 2 versions; the old school version or a single pass NATO. Both use the traditional elasticated green / yellow material. I have both & I'm happy with them. The proper look at a sensible (ish) price.
    At £60 they're not that much cheaper than an Erika's at £70, plus as the Erika's is made to your size there's no flappy ends or trimming them yourself. Plus there are more colour options!

  37. #587
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    2,007
    I found I preferred the Tudor Velcro to the supplied rubber strap. However, it did seem to grip well when being pulled along the strap, as in if you flexed you wrist, but less so if you pulled it apart. Not that it came undone in use anyway. The EO I now use is much better so the cost relative to a new Tudor strap is a no brainer if you like one of the designs. I am also waiting on a Nick Mankey though 😀

  38. #588
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,245
    The velcro is fine when new, it's just as it ages it becomes less reliable. I'm still waiting to hear what Tudor say, I'll hopefully get some feedback tomorrow.

  39. #589
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Maidstone
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    At £60 they're not that much cheaper than an Erika's at £70, plus as the Erika's is made to your size there's no flappy ends or trimming them yourself. Plus there are more colour options!
    Ah. I've had my NDCs since before they were NDC, plus I thought Erika's were more like £80. Looks like the price difference isn't so big these days.
    NDC used (I think) to be called JackoStraps & in those days I paid around £45, hence my suggestion. Apologies for failing to check the current situation.

  40. #590
    Master JC180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,648
    For those on the hunt, there's a mint well priced FXD on SC now.

  41. #591
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by JC180 View Post
    For those on the hunt, there's a mint well priced FXD on SC now.
    Yeah , I saw that . Iím surprised itís still there!!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  42. #592
    Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    Yeah , I saw that . Iím surprised itís still there!!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sure it wonít be for long

  43. #593
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    1,324
    Brand new stickered one on eBay for £3200

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255992438...mis&media=COPY


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  44. #594
    Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    Brand new stickered one on eBay for £3200

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255992438...mis&media=COPY


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Link brings up a used one?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  45. #595
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Link brings up a used one?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha, when I put the link up the pics showed the watch stickered up. On the description the seller says heís removed the stickers to show the watch . Odd behaviour.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  46. #596
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    1,324

    2021 Tudor Marine Nationale Pelagos

    Double post .. sorry

  47. #597
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    On this subject, I've had my FXD around 12 months now and I ordered the shorter Tudor fabric strap on the day of collection. The strap turned up a couple of months later at the end of May, so 9 months ago. I don't wear the watch every day, and I also wear it on different straps, but the hook and loop/Velcro has now stopped sticking - so much so that I don't trust it to keep the watch on my wrist.

    I took the strap back to the supplying Tudor AD yesterday and both the sales assistant and store manager agreed it was not acceptable. So they're contacting Tudor to see what they say.

    Reading around on the web it seems it's a known issue and Tudor say "it's a strap, it's wear and tear, no replacement under warranty" so I'm expecting a knock back, however the AD may do a deal on a replacement I guess.

    In the meantime, I've got a few of the above mentioned Thrifty Gentleman straps (albeit in the NATO style) and they're great except for the springbar buckle which kind of negates the fixed bars of the watch unfortunately! I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and order an Erika's Original...
    A quick update on this. My AD got back to me on Friday and have confirmed that they'll be exchanging my strap for a new replacement, which is a nice surprise result. They've ordered one but there's no expected delivery date so I'm guessing it may take some time in the current climate of supply issues with lots of things.

    Good job I have a couple of Erika's on order

  48. #598
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Leeds England
    Posts
    552
    Did anyone have a flutter on it yesterday.

  49. #599

  50. #600
    Quote Originally Posted by matt74 View Post
    On Octopod



    That looks good

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information