closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Tudor Marine Nationale Pelagos

Master
    IMHO it's a superb homage to the Marine Nationale subs of the 70s and 80s, brought bang up to date. I don't under standard comments across the internet such as "I wish it came in black", "If only it had a bracelet" and "Why isn't it 40mm then I'd have one". The specs are what the MN want and are using today, so it is what it is.

I've asked two ADs to get me one, whichever gets back in touch first will get my money. I love it.

I like it and will hopefully get one soon, agree it won’t be for everyone but that’s a good thing imho.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Wanted to like it. Too big for NATO-only. Pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    IMHO it's a superb homage to the Marine Nationale subs of the 70s and 80s, brought bang up to date. I don't under standard comments across the internet such as "I wish it came in black", "If only it had a bracelet" and "Why isn't it 40mm then I'd have one". The specs are what the MN want and are using today, so it is what it is.

I've asked two ADs to get me one, whichever gets back in touch first will get my money. I love it.
    What exactly don’t you understand. These are peoples personal opinions. I never said the watch was terrible, just for ME personally it is a let down. I do think fixed bars and a 42mm sizing will limit the audience of this.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Absolutely love this. If I didn't have the Omega SMP 300m in blue it would be an easy purchase decision
    Even so, I still think there is enough difference to get another blue dial watch.

Very, very cool watch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.wilo13 View Post
    What exactly don’t you understand. These are peoples personal opinions. I never said the watch was terrible, just for ME personally it is a let down. I do think fixed bars and a 42mm sizing will limit the audience of this.
    I think you're taking my comments too personally

People are free to like it or not or course, that's what opinions are all about, but it is what it is - a civvy version of the latest MN watch. Wishing it was something else is asking for Tudor to produce a different watch entirely.

Seems there not much hope of securing one from lunn's in Belfast. For reference I emailed them before the launch.

They’ll be in every shop window before Easter. Remember the short-lived hysteria for the GMT?

You’ll want to wait to make sure they work anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    They’ll be in every shop window before Easter. Remember the short-lived hysteria for the GMT?

For sure they will be plentiful on the mainland, unfortunately for us Lunn's is the only AD for the whole of northern Ireland.

Thankfully tudors can be delivered so still got that option.

I'm a little disappointed :(

It's purely a personal thing, but it seems just toooo big.

A 52mm lug to lug is pretty toppy for me. I guess the wrap of the nato may make it wear a little smaller, but I think the flare of the FiXiD bars may look daft on my teeny tiny wrist.

Makes the Blue58 a far more likely purchase. Wearing the Black58 as we speak and it's close to perfect.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post

I consider this to be closer to the P01 than the GMT. Some will love it but most will hate it due to the fixed lugs.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Master
    Blog Entries
    I like it, something a bit different again from Tudor.

Too chunky for me but I think it looks cool.

If it had Rolex on the dial everyone would be wetting themselves for one.

I like it but not sure I’d choose it over a BB58 to be honest.

Or a LHD for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by DamianM View Post
    Seems there not much hope of securing one from lunn's in Belfast. For reference I emailed them before the launch.
    I almost rang them earlier and thought, nah, what’s the point.

Thanks for confirming I was right to make a cuppa instead.

Master
    One AD has come back to me stating they're only getting one watch this year, so it doesn't sound like they have a huge bunch ready to send out to dealers.

On to the waiting list I go...

Master
    One AD has come back to me stating they're only getting one watch this year, so it doesn't sound like they have a huge bunch ready to send out to dealers.

On to the waiting list I go...
    My AD said the same thing about MN21 engraved models too.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    It looks fantastic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Confirmed as 42mm. That’s a shame, from my POV at least. Have first dibs at my local AD, but will have to pass :(
    Your inbox is full

Craftsman

2021 Tudor Marine Nationale Pelagos

Too big, fixed lugs and the MN stamping is a bit crass considering it’s a retail watch. The case is thinner than the standard Pelagos which is a very good thing. But overall,It’s a pass for me. If you want an MN, pay the big money and get an original (and please avoid the fakes). I nearly got burnt with a Tudor Snowflake recently but Ross Povey steered me away from it. He’s your man for all things vintage Tudor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tswatch66; 11th November 2021 at 10:43.

Master
    Nah, I don't want some knackered old thing. This shiny new one will suit me just fine

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    I consider this to be closer to the P01 than the GMT. Some will love it but most will hate it due to the fixed lugs.
    Agreed.

I think it’s a deliberately awkward watch and that’s sort of what makes it cool.

Long lugs, fixed bars, limited strap options, bidirectional bezel. They must know what they’re doing.

There will be an initial rush followed by wide availability in six months, as suggested earlier.

Out of my price playzone, but I can think of other watches I’d rather sink 3k into.

Master
    Just had an email from an AD saying they have their one watch MN21 allocation for this year.
    They are not selling it, but using as a display model for punters to try on with a view to ordering a 2022 watch.

The MN21 models are going to be quite rare by the look of it given how late in the year the launch is.

I am hopefully viewing one Friday if my AD can get his hands on one for me.

I will reserve judgement, I got all frothy over the P01 but that honeymoon was short-lived, that's the trouble with these newer Tudor releases, they are all a bit gimmicky in certain ways.

Master
    My AD #2 has just rung to get a few more details from me for their "expression of interest list". That list will be going off to head office where I assume they'll decide upon the supply order of the watches to customers. You can tell Tudor are owned by Rolex!

Supply is clearly quite limited post-release.

Well Tudor love their lists, makes them feel all Rolexy!

None of the allocation watches remain that way for all that long though, even the Chrono's are starting to come through now and the previous suspects, GMT and 58's are everywhere.

I am warming to this one though, you can't say they haven't made a proper tool watch, would have liked a 40mm case for wearability.
    Last edited by petay993; 10th November 2021 at 17:52.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Well, first through the door this morning and first on the list for 2 of them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Until the VIP customers contact the AD and you get bumped down the list. When it comes to luxury goods it hasn't been first come come, first served for a long time. As a mere mortal I suspect I'll be waiting a loooooooooong time for one...

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Not a nato person but might give it a go. Looks good and the no date is a bonus for me.
    Can I buy it off you next week?

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Greedy!!!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Greedy!!!
    Oppo and I.

With the “real” Pelagos at £3440 list that is a really attractive watch if all you want is the blue dial/bezel and white hands and markers.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Disappointed in the case diameter, I'd much rather have 38mm. Nevertheless I'll be buying one if I can get my hands on a MN21. I phoned my AD yesterday & said I'd have one if they got one in.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Your inbox is full
    Hi Rusty,

Sorry you couldn’t get through. Just to confirm (if that’s why you were PM’ing), I don’t have one reserved - I made it clear to them they didn’t need to worry about contacting me if it was bigger than 40mm as I wouldn’t be interested.

Cheers,
    G

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Hi Rusty,

Sorry you couldn’t get through. Just to confirm (if that’s why you were PM’ing), I don’t have one reserved - I made it clear to them they didn’t need to worry about contacting me if it was bigger than 40mm as I wouldn’t be interested.

Cheers,
    G
    No worries. Appreciated

Hmm. I’ve had a CWC diver for 6 months now, and the fixed bar thing - well, let’s just say being limited to a NATO means it hardly ever gets worn. I always think a NATO looks great in front-on pics, but in daily use they’re a bit camping shop!
    I don’t think this release bears even a passing resemblance to the old MN Tudor divers and whilst £3k in the crazy world of watches is apparently a bargain, it all smacks of Walter Mitty marketing BS to me. Let’s face it in reality the military wear g shocks! (and no doubt these will be saved for evenings down the pub or kept for best)

Is a watch with a bidirectional bezel really a dive watch?

Master
    Ultimately this is a watch for WIS and WIS certainly don’t like to pay a premium. I see plenty selling for RRP on the secondary

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    Just had an email from an AD saying they have their one watch MN21 allocation for this year.
    They are not selling it, but using as a display model for punters to try on with a view to ordering a 2022 watch.
    I think these will be in short supply for a while I have a feeling they rushed the release due to the leaks.

When the blue launched they had at least one model in each AD. I picked mine up launch day.

My AD said they only got a call with info the day before the announcement

Quote Originally Posted by wigdog View Post
    Can I buy it off you next week?
    Ha, I’m second in line apparently but that will change when the big boys turn up. No ETA.

Looks really nice on the Tudor website and the ‘nato’ is a very appealing strap. I’ll definitely try one on when I get chance. However, that L2L measurement is probably not going to work on my tiny wrists, so I’m pretty sure my BB58 blue will be staying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m not one to usually promote hodinkee but James Stacey gives a nice balanced view in their article

I would happily wear both this and the normal Pelagos. Very disappointed that my AD never got allocated a watch otherwise I’d have it on by now. He is pretty miffed at having to attend various launch meetings about it only to not have one to sell to me.

Hands on here.

Mentions a 50mm lug to lug which is a bit better. Wonder if the 42mm includes the decent overhang of the bezel
    Last edited by acg; 11th November 2021 at 10:17.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I was really hopeful that this would be the watch for me. My first diver was a 1976 snowflake sub. But I don't like the minute marks right around the bezel and am not keen on the fixed bars. I think I will stick with my Steinhart MN-a-like for now.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Absolutely love that.

I mean do the French Navy really do all that navigational palaver with their Tudors….

Probably not, but what great chat to impress the ladies with.

Kudos to Tudor, another interesting spin on the same basic idea

Master
    Geek inside me loves this, but I’m guessing I won’t see the MN21 version so hopefully can pick up the MN22 at below rrp ;)

2021 Tudor Marine Nationale Pelagos

What is the MN22? I’m not sure I understand, is it just going to be the same watch with a different case-back or some sort of further redesign?

Obviously, I understand it will be released in 2022…

Craftsman
    Not exactly apples for apples but think I'll stick with my Scurfa M.S.21 for now. A better size for me at 40mm, more flexibility with the drilled lugs.....and only 100 of them in this particular configuration :0)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    What is the MN22? I’m not sure I understand, is it just going to be the same watch with a different case-back or some sort of further redesign?

Obviously, I understand it will be released in 2022…
    Different caseback engraving only to represent the year it was delivered to the AD, as per the old MN markings back in the day.

Different caseback engraving only to represent the year it was delivered to the AD, as per the old MN markings back in the day.
    I have been told there will be 150 of the MN21 released as an initial run with each AD getting one. Not sure about Boutique allocations, could be more.

Then it's on to the MN22 models from January.

If I can get one I am going for it.