closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Tudor Marine Nationale Pelagos

2021 Tudor Marine Nationale Pelagos

New leaked photos have just surfaced on Instagram. Fixed lugs, engraved case back, no date and fully graduated bezel.

WR looks to be 200m (?) so I would hazard a guess that the case is smaller and thinner as a result.

I thought we saw these photos a while back, there was some doubt about their veracity at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post

Fair enough. I stand corrected

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Fair enough. I stand corrected
    Like a man in an orthopaedic shoe shop ;-)

Damn... that's a winner.

Interesting. In the pictures it looks like there might be drilled lugs.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Or maybe it’s a scratch!

Journeyman
    Strap bars are integrated with the case - interesting design

Yeah I know, was wondering if the end product ended up coming with springbars and drilled lugs instead but I think it’s just a scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchOnWrist View Post
    Yeah I know, was wondering if the end product ended up coming with springbars and drilled lugs instead but I think it’s just a scratch.

If that is a drilled lug, that would be a rather far in and low down position for it? The strap also doesn't appear to be running anywhere near where the spring bars would be. I agree with the scratch/damage idea.

Master
    I would be very interested if this becomes a new model in the Pelagos range

Is the case size same as the standard Pelagos?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I can't tell if I like it.

The fixed lugs will really limit strap options - especially for what I imagine will not be a particularly cheap watch
    The fully graduated bezel is a really nice touch
    No need for snowflake hand as Tudor have over done them by now.

Just imagine if they had done a Tudor Milsub;
    Sword hands
    Fully graduated ceramic bezel
    Signature Tudor blue shade
    40mm Titanium case
    Drilled lug holes
    The amazing self adjusting pelagos bracelet @20mm

I was one of those that commented on MWR about the first set of photos weeks back, which I did not think were genuine, because of the realky contrived strap and the square case between the lugs, both of which I thought could not be genuine.
    It seems I may be wrong.
    If this gets public release as a smaller size than the standard Pelagos, I may have to be in the queue.
    And yes of course it has to have snowflake hands, they were invented for the MN, so to leave them out would ve totally wrong. When did Tudor ever use swords, or even last use mercedes hands?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    of course it has to have snowflake hands, they were invented for the MN, so to leave them out would ve totally wrong. When did Tudor ever use swords, or even last use mercedes hands?
    I know they couldn't use anything else for an MN watch but for me Tudor stick the snowflake hands on every design, and it's now overdone.

My point wasn't how to tweak the MN watch but rather a reimagining/mash up of a Milsub but under the Pelagos brand, as the fully graduated bezel seemed like it was already a step in that direction.

What is great here is the no-date, and the removal of the recesses in the chapter ring for the indices - it simplifies the dial.

Craftsman
    If this is legit,

The lug change is a no for me, the fully graduated bezel is a no for me, and the removal of the stepped ring around the markers is also a negative. Would not in the least be interested in moving on my Pelagos for one of these.

Like Sweets I poo pooed this when mentioned on MWR, I thought the images looked a bit too photoshopped. However it looks as if this is real and if so great. Not sure I would buy one from a shop but if an issued one from the MN came on the market I would likely be in the initial scramble to own it. Same for the Israeli issued Pelagos.
    It has to have snowflake hands, why would Tudor want to reference the milsub. They did not make it and it has nothing to do with the brands history. I think it’s good that Tudor have gone out of their way to produce something like this even if I originally thought it was a hoax.

Still somehow "off target"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihXdUDKxiRE
    Last edited by number2; 3rd September 2021 at 06:47.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I would absolutely get one. Hope it is SS.

Looks very nice, but I’d personally prefer a date window.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Looks good but I’d like to think that also had a standard Pelagos 200m with bracelet to accompany this MN edition. Also hoping that it’s still titanium and not steel. But the colour of the metal looks very bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Really not a fan, just looks like a Pelagos knock off.

Quote Originally Posted by AmosMoses View Post
    Really not a fan, just looks like a Pelagos knock off.

Indeed, fails to hit the spot.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Excited to see if this becomes available. And , of course it should have snowflake hands.

I like it but would be more than happy with a simple no date Pelagos.

This could be a prototype, as alluded to, when the first images leaked. I struggle to believe that those fixed lugs are the final design. So I’m reserving judgement until it’s released.

I’d like to see a 39mm pélagos with reduced case height, drilled lugs and no date. Looks like we’re getting a steel pélagos with a simpler dial and fixed lugs. Classic Tudor enthusiast trolling

Quote Originally Posted by WatchOnWrist View Post
    Interesting. In the pictures it looks like there might be drilled lugs.

There’s no drilled lugs, the strap bar is fixed - as in part of the structure of the case, meaning no spring bars, which obviously means drilled lugs would be pointless.

I love the original Pelagos but have always held off because of its thickness. Not fussed about this version personally.
    Last edited by davidj54; 3rd September 2021 at 10:07.

Master
    I'd jump at the chance of a slightly smaller, less slab sided Pelagos without date, but not sure I like the fully graduated bezel

Still all seems a bit odd to be honest. Watch manufacturers haven't in the past worked like apple where a select few try out a new product prior to release. It's not like a watch has hardware and software that needs field testing. Usually they leave everyone guessing and work towards a big reveal, these days on social media.

To see this very unusual lug design on what looks to be a battered up 'prototype' just seems very out of the ordinary.

Craftsman
    Looks like a cool watch if legit but I feel like Tudor have release 1000000 new models of late. Sort of takes the shine off some of their releases for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Still all seems a bit odd to be honest. Watch manufacturers haven't in the past worked like apple where a select few try out a new product prior to release. It's not like a watch has hardware and software that needs field testing. Usually they leave everyone guessing and work towards a big reveal, these days on social media.

To see this very unusual lug design on what looks to be a battered up 'prototype' just seems very out of the ordinary.
    I feel Tudor are seeing Panerai's fortunes wane and are gulping their market share by reinventing themselves as a military based manufacturer. Started with the P01 and now this.

I do like the P01 however and I like this piece.

2021 Tudor Marine Nationale Pelagos

Much prefer the PO1 to this offering - if it’s real. The fixed bar set-up just looks odd. If CWC made a blue faced diver in the Monnin style case I’d be all over it, but this just looks a bit meh. Looks more like a micro brand than something cost a few £1000 months imho. Hope it’s not real as it’s a very pedestrian effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it looks great. Strap change options will be limited but full graduated bezel in blue, dial blue ad what looks like titanium case. Win win win for me.

great idea but the snowflake hands really grate on me. overdone and sword hands would have been a nice nod to the Rolex heritage

Quote Originally Posted by drhexagon View Post
    great idea but the snowflake hands really grate on me. overdone and sword hands would have been a nice nod to the Rolex heritage

May as well pop Rolex on the dial too, maybe some sort of oyster bracelet?

Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/inside...-black-bay-one

Do you think Tudor would have been as popular without the Rolex association?

Quote Originally Posted by drhexagon View Post
    Do you think Tudor would have been as popular without the Rolex association?
    Almost certainly not, but do you think that Rolex would let their considerably cheaper brand start to use all of their designs as they used to?

The Snowflake is Tudor's unique signature. If you don't like it, then don't buy it, that's fine.
    Just don't expect them to be something else.
    Especially on a blue-dialled MN watch - which is what the snowflake was invented for.

It would be interesting to see if Tudor ever consider re-deploying the Lollipop hand, another Tudor feature from the past.
    My guess is that they would consider that to be too close to the mercedes hands to be usable.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Almost certainly not, but do you think that Rolex would let their considerably cheaper brand start to use all of their designs as they used to?

The Snowflake is Tudor's unique signature. If you don't like it, then don't buy it, that's fine.
    Just don't expect them to be something else.
    Especially on a blue-dialled MN watch - which is what the snowflake was invented for.

It would be interesting to see if Tudor ever consider re-deploying the Lollipop hand, another Tudor feature from the past.
    My guess is that they would consider that to be too close to the mercedes hands to be usable.
    Would love to see Tudor issuing a BB58 with a lollipop hand. the original 76100 is my favourite Tudor sub

I'm a big fan of the lollipop hand, especially on the 94010 after the snowflake handset was retired. I've read that the lollipop's use was discontinued due to the lume becoming unstable and cracking. It is a smaller area overall than the snowflake hand though so I don't know if that assessment is actually accurate.

(not my watch or photo)

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    I'm a big fan of the lollipop hand, especially on the 94010 after the snowflake handset was retired. I've read that the lollipop's use was discontinued due to the lume becoming unstable and cracking. It is a smaller area overall than the snowflake hand though so I don't know if that assessment is actually accurate.

(not my watch or photo)
    They were only made for a couple of years before being replaced by the Mercedes hands

Had to get these old photos out…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by vortex89 View Post
    The more I see these photos the less convinced I am. All these photos shows the bezel alignment as a 120 click bezel. Tudor is well known for its 60 click bevel. I don’t think they’d change this.

Quote Originally Posted by natosteve View Post
    The more I see these photos the less convinced I am. All these photos shows the bezel alignment as a 120 click bezel. Tudor is well known for its 60 click bevel. I don’t think they’d change this.

Would normally agree with you there but Beckham is a brand ambassador. He's paid to wear Tudor. Anything he has with Tudor on the dial will be directly from Tudor.

Launch must be imminent.

Quote Originally Posted by natosteve View Post

That hand alignment is also typical posed for a photo shot (crown cropped out so possibly pulled out) or non running prototype positioning.

But you'd also think they'd align the bezel properly...unless it's a very subtle WIS flag for the bezel click change!

It might just be the angle but the bezel looks very odd at the bottom.

20 round to 40 looks at a different angle to the rest.

It might just be the angle but the bezel looks very odd at the bottom.

20 round to 40 looks at a different angle to the rest.
    I think that's likely lens distortion given the angle of the photo and how close the watch appears to be to the camera?