Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    There is also one 'reserved' on Chrono24

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/tudor/tud...id21475974.htm

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAFC8 View Post
    First one is on eBay…

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New...-127635-2958-0

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Won't have been many sold in Glasgow. Hopefully the QR code on the case identifies it and the seller gets blacklisted.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    Good job, looks like you configured yours exactly the same way. :) I wish I could sew properly, it's a handy skill. I have to visit youtube just to re-attach a button.

Friction works fine on the EO, the material is fairly thick and stiff and doesn't come loose easily. The strap does come with an additional metal loop which is polished and did not match my other metal pieces so I initially did not use it. I've since acquired some gray Scotchbrite pads and scuffed the outer portion of the loops to a dull finish. They are installed as shown in the photo.

Sewing? Yup, bloomin useful skill :)

Good to see the extra security on yours, I’m a manic marathon kayaker, and when I look at the ‘classic’ MN fold-and-hope solution, I just see watches that would be in the river after a few hours energetic paddling! :D :). - I often wonder if someone, somewhere remaking them misinterpreted an old photograph or picked a photo of some chaps who subsequently lost their watches ! :D :)
    Last edited by Brauner Hund; 12th November 2021 at 23:55.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Won't have been many sold in Glasgow. Hopefully the QR code on the case identifies it and the seller gets blacklisted.
    Better than that - he left the serial number visible in the photos

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Hell hath no fury than a wis scorned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Perfection. I imagine Tudor themselves will be all over eBay and C24 and hopefully spot that.

Quote Originally Posted by natosteve View Post
    Hell hath no fury than a wis scorned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Guys just plain stupid - he even blacked it out on another picture

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post

Colour comparison.

Personally I prefer the look of the FXD but each to their own.
    Have to say I agree. Prefer almost everything about it.

I can see solid-bars catching on. Soon enough every manufacturer will want a "strong watch" in their catalogue.

I like the way Tudor did it, without changing the shape of what you see of the lugs.
    Last edited by abraxas; 13th November 2021 at 16:19.

I quite like this, it's not an average watch, it stands apart.

Not sure I want it but it's good to have the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    There is also one 'reserved' on Chrono24

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/tudor/tud...id21475974.htm
    Roughly £1k markup.

I actually don't think that's too bad. If I was desperate to have one of the M.N. 21 knowing full well I wasn't able to at retail then I would consider it. Being in the fortunate position to afford £3k on a watch that let's face it would not be a daily wearer for most people an extra £1k would not be too much of a stretch. You could question the ethics of the person selling it but that unfortunately is the world we live in today.

There's also the potential investment value to consider, I very much doubt these M.N. 21 versions will lose much value infact I expect them to increase or at least retain.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    Roughly £1k markup.

I actually don't think that's too bad. If I was desperate to have one of the M.N. 21 knowing full well I wasn't able to at retail then I would consider it. Being in the fortunate position to afford £3k on a watch that let's face it would not be a daily wearer for most people an extra £1k would not be too much of a stretch. You could question the ethics of the person selling it but that unfortunately is the world we live in today.

There's also the potential investment value to consider, I very much doubt these M.N. 21 versions will lose much value infact I expect them to increase or at least retain.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
    I can only imagine a scenario whereby I ran a youtube channel/social media and wanted to attach a latest release to my brand. Otherwise, nah. Not throwing a grand down the grid for one of these.

The guy with first refusal hasn't turned up yet. AD said to give a call in a few hours and if he still hasn't shown up I can have it as I'm second in line. Let's hope he has a flat tyre!

The guy with first refusal hasn't turned up yet. AD said to give a call in a few hours and if he still hasn't shown up I can have it as I'm second in line. Let's hope he has a flat tyre!
    Fingers crossed. When I first saw the watch I didn't like it. The more I see it the more I think it is the perfect tool watch

Well, hope he doesn’t show up. Don’t wish him unwell but may be just a change of mind.

He turned up and bought it but they should have another delivery in December so hopefully then. Would be nice to get a "21".

He turned up and bought it but they should have another delivery in December so hopefully then. Would be nice to get a "21".
    Unlucky mate, good news about another delivery in December though. I will sound out the Tudor Manager tomorrow when I am in, see what they know about further MN21 year distributions.

Fast becoming my favourite current watch.

Craftsman

Nato

My watches are worn as jewellery so not a nato fan. but as a tool watch this case and nato sure looks about as secure as it gets

Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    My watches are worn as jewellery so not a nato fan. but as a tool watch this case and nato sure looks about as secure as it gets
    It is so secure your wrist will come off before the watch does :(

Master
    GRRR! Why does Tudor use a steel caseback on their “titanium” watches?

Steel isn’t hypoallergenic. It matters if you’ve a nickel allergy (it’s why I can’t buy a Pelagos). And titanium better suits a watch designed for frequent immersion in sea water.

Master
    While I don’t like the fxd as a package I much prefer the colour tone and the lack of the fussy chapter ring and thickness. Can’t have it all I guess!

One of the developments i like most is the deeper texture on the crown and the bezel edge. It gives the FXD much more purpose.
    The blue is definitely an improvement too.
    D

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    One of the developments i like most is the deeper texture on the crown and the bezel edge. It gives the FXD much more purpose.
    The blue is definitely an improvement too.
    D
    Jup I do think the blue is an improvement over the regular pelagos. I'm not a man for the mad rush, so will wait to see how this develops next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Can’t have it all I guess!
    That sums up all modern Tudors. Close, no cigar.

Craftsman
    That sums up all modern Tudors. Close, no cigar.
    I have a Tudor BB58 925 and I would even venture a cuban cigar would be appropriate.... but each to their own of course.

Regarding the MN, the issued watch with 2 lines of text on the dial (if that is the case) has more going for it in terms of being different to civilian production model which doesn't quite get a cigar. Goodness knows what an issued Pelagos will be valued at when they start to leak out of the MN.
    Last edited by size11s; 16th November 2021 at 13:50.

Quote Originally Posted by size11s View Post
    Goodness knows what an issued Pelagos will be valued at when they start to leak out of the MN.
    One has already been sold by a dealer, I think they asked €24k for it

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    One has already been sold by a dealer, I think they asked €24k for it
    How on earth did that escape so quickly? Did it have decommission papers? Perhaps it was part of the Tudor 'marketing'?

Berry’s advised me that they want a 25% non refundable deposit to go on a waiting list.
    I suggested that was ok if they could guarantee me a watch on this basis. They replied they’d refund the deposit if they couldn’t supply an FXD in 2022.

The whole thing left me somewhat confused !!!

How on earth did that escape so quickly? Did it have decommission papers? Perhaps it was part of the Tudor 'marketing'?
    These watches were not issued. It's a partnership. They were bought at a special price by each member of the commando Hubert who fancied one. Therefore I don't think their owners have any legal requirement regarding the ownership

Master
    Blog Entries
    size/proportions of fxd compared with a 41mm sub

Lovely blue on that Sub. Shame about the polished centre links on precious metal models.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    These watches were not issued. It's a partnership. They were bought at a special price by each member of the commando Hubert who fancied one. Therefore I don't think their owners have any legal requirement regarding the ownership
    That's interesting, I didn't realise that, thank you. So Tudor have knocked up a separate batch with different dial and case back for the serving MN personnel to buy at a discounted price. That's cool.

That's interesting, I didn't realise that, thank you. So Tudor have knocked up a separate batch with different dial and case back for the serving MN personnel to buy at a discounted price. That's cool.
    Yes, they made a first batch in partnership with the MN, with the 2 lines on the dial. It has been delivered to them in june this year, as a result, but this is not an army property.
    The one we are getting now is just a slightly modified version of this "original" from june.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    Yes, they made a first batch in partnership with the MN, with the 2 lines on the dial. It has been delivered to them in june this year, as a result, but this is not an army property.
    The one we are getting now is just a slightly modified version of this "original" from june.
    Thanks for the info. Is it known how many were in the batch and if it was a "first batch", will there be additional batches? With potential other batches £24k seems a very hefty premium, the price for being first I suppose.

Master

Wink

Is £24k the price of Walter Mittyhood nowadays?

As with most Tudors I find the bleak slab of a case very uninspiring when the watch is viewed from the side.

It gives me the impression of a watch built to a budget, and without any refined features.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    As with most Tudors I find the bleak slab of a case very uninspiring when the watch is viewed from the side.

It gives me the impression of a watch built to a budget, and without any refined features.
    I really want to want a Tudor - but every time I’ve been to an AD and tried a few on I’ve been really underwhelmed - and I think the slab sided case is the main culprit. There are lots of far cheaper watches out there and this seems to be some sort of design decision. I find Tudor watches a bit like Nato straps - great when viewed face-on and in photographs - but on the wrist/in the metal I remain unmoved. Ymmv of course and they do seem popular. Reading my post a Tudor diver on a NATO isn’t likely to be on my purchasing list anytime soon regardless of availability!

Erikas has now made strap specifically for it. Available in dark blue also but I prefer the green

I am going to order the Denim version but in the meantime I am enjoying it on the Tudor rubber strap which is very comfortable.

Is the Pelagos FXD blue the same shade as the Black Bay 58 blue, or somewhere in between the standard Pelagos blue and Black Bay 58 blue? It's difficult to tell from photographs and the different lighting set ups.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Is the Pelagos FXD blue the same shade as the Black Bay 58 blue, or somewhere in between the standard Pelagos blue and Black Bay 58 blue? It's difficult to tell from photographs and the different lighting set ups.
    Almost the same as the 58, ceramic bezel maybe a shade darker and more matt.

The more I see real life pics, the more I am liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    I was at my watch club tonight sorting out a couple of deals so took the opportunity to line up all three of Tudor's blues.

Great comparison picture. Thank you for sharing.

Good comparison...really not a big fan of the normal Pelagos blue colour.

I red from different places 150 MN21 to the UK/ or maybe is it the worldwide allocation (?)

But what you do forget is that‘s a MN model and therefore a fair number of them are to be bought via a different channel by the French Navy personnel.

How many watches are concerned I don’t know. 4 different batches of watches are planned to be delivered through 2022 till the beginning of 2023, each batch on limited numbers.

I ordered mine the day it was available on our military network (the morning after the worldwide announcement actually), delivery date is due on April, pick up location directly in a French marine facility.

On a side note, to be cristal clear, it is not an issued watch (gvt allocation).

However, I do expect mine to be a MN21 model instead of 22. 150 MN21 worldwide, I won’t be so sure anymore :)

Will it be a two liners is a totally different question though.
    Last edited by pepere13; 23rd November 2021 at 08:14.

I really like this one, think they made some great changes over an already brilliant design and fixed bars are always welcome imo.

Is there any reason people are chasing the 21 specifically over getting a 22 next year? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I really like this one, think they made some great changes over an already brilliant design and fixed bars are always welcome imo.

Is there any reason people are chasing the 21 specifically over getting a 22 next year? Just curious.
    MN21 watches are limited to an initial run of 150 in the UK according to Tudor AD's. Numbers are not known for next year but will likely be higher given it will be a full 12 month run for the MN22.

People are therefore speculating that the 2021 run will be more rare/valuable in the future.

For me that is not worth worrying about with Tudor, any premium is likely to be modest imo.