closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Tudor Marine Nationale Pelagos

2021 Tudor Marine Nationale Pelagos

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    That hand alignment is also typical posed for a photo shot (crown cropped out so possibly pulled out) or non running prototype positioning.

But you'd also think they'd align the bezel properly...unless it's a very subtle WIS flag for the bezel click change!
    Bezel also looks suspect in this photo. It’s either 120 click bezel or a very well made fake. Also the text on dial is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think there is no doubt at all that this is real now.
    There are lots more photos online, a dealer offering one for resale, and a set of photos of Beckham's wrist with one on that he quickly deleted.
    Whether it is to be made into a public watch is another issue, but it is real.

Craftsman
    I'd be interested to see the link to the dealer selling one already

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    There are lots more photos online, a dealer offering one for resale, and a set of photos of Beckham's wrist with one on that he quickly deleted.
    Can you share the link. All I’m saying is the photos in this thread are confused. Firstly they look like they have 120click bezels. Tudor doesn’t do 120click bezel. One watch has two lines of text at 6 the other 4 lines. The one on Beckhams wrist looks like it’s 43mm size rather than 40mm which it’s rumoured to be. Guess we will have to wait an see what transpires.

….all very interesting. Having been initially very sceptical, I’m a convert to all this being real. Key question for me is whether it will be smaller / thinner and have standard spring bar fittings. If it’s just the same old pelagos with a weird bezel and fixed lugs, it’s a step down from the original to my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    ….all very interesting. Having been initially very sceptical, I’m a convert to all this being real. Key question for me is whether it will be smaller / thinner and have standard spring bar fittings. If it’s just the same old pelagos with a weird bezel and fixed lugs, it’s a step down from the original to my mind.
    Same, I’m holding on to buying the current version in Blue hoping this comes along but would only consider it if on a bracelet.

I see on my Insta that a countdown to tomorrow 1pm CET has popped up from Tudor, for an announcement to an MN collab.
    Looks like we will get to find out the new civvy version tomorrow

I am looking forward to seeing what will be released. I was originally a doubter and thought it was a photoshopped image.
    I am sure it will not replace my 7016 or 1st gen Pelagos but any watch that takes inspiration from the original snowflakes has my attention. I am sure it will be very sought after.

I have been wonderng what combo would tempt me to get one, and I am still undecided.
    However, if, as seems likely, it is a reduced size no-date Pelagos with a fully indexed bezel, it is likely to get the nod from me.
    Dave

Thinner smaller and Pelagos in styling. With a reverse bidirectional countdown bezel. I reckon £2760

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    This is the kind of marketing that sours brands for me. 'Oh, wasn't I supposed to be leaking the watch?? I loved it so much I had to share it'.

Not to mention the fact that Beckham wouldn't be seen dead wearing something so lowly, unless he was trying to affect a certain image, in which case he'd probably (be advised to) wear an old Seiko.

I might buy one. Just to wear ironically, of course.

The AD I use for Tudor confirms the watch as per the David Beckham leak.

I assume it can only be worn on a nato.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    The AD I use for Tudor confirms the watch as per the David Beckham leak.

I assume it can only be worn on a nato.
    Rubber also. Not sure how it attaches though. That intrigued me

The fixed lugs kill it for me if they make it to (civilian) market

The Beckham watch is different from the MN one, as seen by the dial script (more lines).
    As such there are a lot more queries in regard to the specification of the public issue watch.
    What is the WR?
    Therefore, what is the size, in terems of diameter and thickness?
    What material is it made from?
    Will the bars be fixed?

None of these have a definitive answer yet, tomorrow is when we know for sure.
    D

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    The fixed lugs kill it for me if they make it to (civilian) market
    I’ve been thinking that too, a thinner, smaller diameter no date Pelagos with a darker blue would be killer but fixed spring bars make it too difficult to style

The clasp is arguably the best part of the Pelagos

According to a Tudor AD : 41 mm case with reverse bezel, 200m, no date. No helium escape, 12.4mm thick , rubber strap with nato only. Cosc and MN blue, the first will be marked with MN21 on the case.(till end of year) fixed bars. Will see how accurate that is tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Just got my name down at the top of my local AD’s list. As described above, monobloc case with fixed bars and a small gap to thread the strap through. Super excited about this one!

Master

Steel or titanium ? Has this been confirmed ?

From what Ive seen the watch looks beautiful but frankly the strap looks like crap. Won’t wear it on the fabric one that’s for sure. They do think it’ll come with rubber also. Very curious if that means it’ll be a Tudor single pass rubber nato. Can’t see how it would be a two piece rubber when it has fixed lug bars

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAFC8 View Post
    According to a Tudor AD : 41 mm case with reverse bezel, 200m, no date. No helium escape, 12.4mm thick , rubber strap with nato only. Cosc and MN blue, the first will be marked with MN21 on the case.(till end of year) fixed bars. Will see how accurate that is tomorrow

Wonder why if they can make this 12.4mm thick why they can’t slim down the normal Pelagos and Black Bays. My biggest gripe with them is the thickness.

That's a winner for me regardless of case material. No date and fully indexed bezel makes such a difference!

The fixed bars wouldn't bother me either as we either want a utilitarian Pelagos or we don't in my opinion. Anyone know the price yet?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    That's a winner for me regardless of case material. No date and fully indexed bezel makes such a difference!

The fixed bars wouldn't bother me either as we either want a utilitarian Pelagos or we don't in my opinion. Anyone know the price yet?
    I agree with this just hope that there is a rubber / slightly toned down strap option as it would be tricky for this to be a daily wearer without a versatile strap option.

Big fan of the slimmed down case, briefly had a Pelagos and it’s heft killed it for me despite having and 8” wrist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed Tudor are using a "boutique" related hashtag on Instagram in relation to this watch. Hoping it's a general release and not boutique only.

Master
    The AD I spoke to said they had a call from Tudor on Monday with some details.
    Spec they told me was :-
    Titanium case / bezel
    2 straps - Rubber+ NATO
    Price £2980 (or £2920?)
    42mm - this is different to what others are saying at 41mm?

Not long till we find out for sure though!

My AD just contacted me and asked if I wanted first dibs in Vietnam. I've said a provisional yes, but need to see the strap set up first.

Actually, I need to see the bloody watch first!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    I've noticed Tudor are using a "boutique" related hashtag on Instagram in relation to this watch. Hoping it's a general release and not boutique only.
    They also said they would be getting an allocation - so not boutique only.
    As also reported previously - low number of watches with MN21 on caseback, with higher production in 2022 (MN22).

Bidirectional bezel... no idea why they have chosen that configuration... Isn't ideal for diving on a military dive watch...

Master
    Confirmed as 42mm. That’s a shame, from my POV at least. Have first dibs at my local AD, but will have to pass :(

I think I'll pass on this also. If I had the black Pelagos then I would have gone for this, but there is not enough difference in this and my standard blue to also have this.
    Last edited by Jon Kenney; 10th November 2021 at 13:14.

Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    Wouldn't even know where to find a Tudor boutique.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by carvass View Post
    Bidirectional bezel... no idea why they have chosen that configuration... Isn't ideal for diving on a military dive watch...
    I wondered if it might be clockwise only to work with the countdown bezel, but bi-directional doesn't make sense really.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    Wouldn't even know where to find a Tudor boutique.
    I’m sure there are probably more but the only one I’ve been in is the one in harrods. I don’t really get why mass market brands release boutique edition watches

It's up on the tudor website, they are officially calling it the Pelagos FXD. Price is £2920

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/pelagos-fxd/

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Confirmed as 42mm. That’s a shame, from my POV at least. Have first dibs at my local AD, but will have to pass :(
    I’m right on the fence with this at 42mm. At 40 I would have pounced. But I think I’d need to try it on first in all honesty. Probably will hold off on that call to the AD. For now…

Nice watch, but you lose the bracelet & the date complication & don't save all that much money.

I'll stick with my Pelagos LHD
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I've had a look at that and have no idea what it's on about in respect of why the bezel's bidirectional and all the compass-related guff.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianM View Post
    It's up on the tudor website, they are officially calling it the Pelagos FXD. Price is £2920

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/pelagos-fxd/

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I've had a look at that and have no idea what it's on about in respect of why the bezel's bidirectional and all the compass-related guff.
    Me neither, seems a bit of marketing guff. I do really like the fabric strap on it though.

I'm just glad they've got rid of that previous annoying narrator on the video clips. I could actually watch this one.

I am going for it, nearly perfect for me.
    D

Master
    52mm L2L? I’ll try one if I get a call but if that figure’s correct then I don’t think this will be for me.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I really like the head, but the fixed bars make it NATO only territory, so no.

Bit of a let down for me. Fixed lugs is a real turn off, no bracelet and still 42mm. I was really hoping for it to be 40mm.

Master
    Velcro fastening on the NATO too? I wonder how long that will last before it’s covered in fluff’n’stuff and starts to look suspect. Can you wash velcro and restore it to former glories?

It’s nice enough but I think I will stick with the original and my snowflake sub.

Not a nato person but might give it a go. Looks good and the no date is a bonus for me.

Not for me this, I adore the regular Pelagos and this just seems pointless in comparison.

Master
    I think this will appeal to a small audience. The appeal of the Pelagos for many was the bracelet and clasp. Also, by putting a single pass through strap on this it will have a similar thickness to the current Pelagos. The fixed lugs limit the straps than can be used as well. Bit of an odd release.

I think its cool as hell and beats anything Rolex has released recently

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk