closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: British Gas - how to speak to a human?

Master

British Gas - how to speak to a human?

Long story short - our 'smart' meter for gas isn't reporting any usage to BG and I cannot find a way to input the readings manually nor can I figure out a way to speak to an actual human on the phone.

Does anyone have a way of navigating the call centre number?

Master
    0800 072 8625

I then said through the voice aspect I had an issue with my meter. Spoke to someone & than transferred to another team. Still not resolved.

My meter worked for electricity, briefly. Fitter said the gas element would take a while to register, clearly a lie as 24hrs later it hadn’t.

Rather irrelevant now though, as within the week the entire meter was unable to be smart & cannot connect to the outside unit.

There are some PFFs on BG website about how to take a reading based on which version of smart meter you have. I’m going to insist they estimate mine or send a man around, as went to a smart meter to avoid having to take the readings.

Looking online these issues seem fairly common.

Master
    The best part of being with BG is leaving them.

Good luck. I’ve reported a dead smart meter to them three times in nine months (it took me 40 mins to get to speak to a human last time), and I’m no further forward with it. Their offshore call-centre takes a whole load of details every time, then … sweet FA thereafter. Useless.

Yeah, they are a nightmare due a service for over a year and no joy in getting them booked in!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Good luck. I’ve reported a dead smart meter to them three times in nine months (it took me 40 mins to get to speak to a human last time), and I’m no further forward with it. Their offshore call-centre takes a whole load of details every time, then … sweet FA thereafter. Useless.
    Marvellous am sure I will be similar then.

Just given them a bit of a spam post on social media to hopefully speed up contact with a UK based CS representative & get it resolved.

Social media shaming does seem to work, Virgin, Big Green Egg, O2 and Magnet have all responded rapidly in the past with this approach to my satisfaction - sometimes you just need to spam every post they make to cut through.

Luckily British Gas Smart Meter easily becomes Sh*Trisha Gas Shart Meter, so will get noticed swiftly I hope!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try 0330 100 0303.
    I had an issue with an elderly lady and her smart meter on a weekend in March this year. After fruitless hours on the phone to the automated number and various unhelpful supposed emergency responders, a friend who works on the meter readings side gave me this number . It worked at the time so I hope it helps.

Master
    Will try the number if I fail in my approach, thanks.

As of 9am I got a reply to my post on FB asking me to message them with my details, so fingers crossed the ball is now rolling.

Blog Entries
    Good luck. They were a nightmare to deal with last time I spoke to them. Was glad to leave them.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Mrs 30 mins on Homeserve to get to human, presume they get a percentage of profit on the calls, before mugging for excess etc etc. Put it this way, wasn't me that signed us up to BG

Blog Entries
    Sad to read this…. I worked for BG for many years…. And there Homecare product (for which I was the product manager) was always excellent….

With all the issues around striking engineers and cutting costs on call centres (they used to have offices the size of football fields answerinng the phone up until recently)…. It appears their service has gone backwards

Ironically when I opted to leave (new boiler installed) I got through to someone immediately

Seems like the service isn’t what it used to be…. I’m glad I sold all my shares many years back !

Master
    Blog Entries
    They are a bunch of clowns. I have Homecare cover on my boiler and it’s impossible to speak with anyone and they have used COVID as an excuse not to service the boiler. Now well overdue.

In the end I emailed the CEO to get a response.

matthew.bateman@britishgas.co.uk

Email that address with your issues and you will get a response.

After my next service I plan to terminate the Homecare agreement which I have had for years.