closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Energy costs up by £425

Have any former Green customers had a new supplier update?

I kind of wish Iíd stayed with bulb.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post

Nope

Master
    This is the tariff Avro customers will get Flexible Octopus £10 below the price cap. Apparently cheaper than the fixed price they are offering new customers. Though as I thought the price cap is limiting what they can charge.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Estoril-5 View Post
    Funnily enough i received an email from AVRO to update my meter readings so they could send me an upto date bill. I dont know if its an automated email or not but last time i tried to log in to my AVRO account it just kept throwing an error. Havent tried logging in through the link in the meter reading request email yet.

I did take my meter readings on the day AVRO went bust for my own reference.
    For those interested the AVRO website is working - i updated my meter readings last night and it updated my balance (i screenshot it for reference). Got the email from Octopus also but i'm in the middle of a switch to sainsburys who intend to start supplying me on 4th October (before AVRO fell over). Hopefully should get some money back from Octopus

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post

Shell Energy

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    Shell Energy
    Yikes? Who?

I got the email for the final readings today so I guess I'll be hearing soon.

EDIT: Just checked my email and Shell Energy it is

Am I in a minority of one here? I just can't be bothered with all the angst of going through switching between suppliers just to save a few quid. I was with Scottish Hydro when I moved here about 20 years ago. About 10 years ago they screwed me over by charging me £52 to change from a rip-off pre-pay meter to a standard meter. I moved to Bulb and have been with them since, with no plans to move unless Bulb goes pop and I am moved with no choice. My time is worth more to me than anything I am likely to save.

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    Am I in a minority of one here? I just can't be bothered with all the angst of going through switching between suppliers just to save a few quid. I was with Scottish Hydro when I moved here about 20 years ago. About 10 years ago they screwed me over by charging me £52 to change from a rip-off pre-pay meter to a standard meter. I moved to Bulb and have been with them since, with no plans to move unless Bulb goes pop and I am moved with no choice. My time is worth more to me than anything I am likely to save.
    Weíve been with Good Energy about 15 years, never done the annual switch dance.

Until the present debacle, it was not hard to take 10 minutes on comparison sites and make a saving of a few hundred quid (even more with bigger properties/families). It was honestly wazzing your money up the wall if you didn't do it.

But right now...yes it's quite unlikely to pay dividends.

Craftsman
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    Shell Energy

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Until the present debacle, it was not hard to take 10 minutes on comparison sites and make a saving of a few hundred quid (even more with bigger properties/families). It was honestly wazzing your money up the wall if you didn't do it.

But right now...yes it's quite unlikely to pay dividends.
    I think that when one is only paying £650 a year for all the power (electricity) coming into your house, then the savings are not going to be on that scale, which is at least partially at the root of my not bothering. It could also be the fear that I sign up for a deal that ends up costing me more. Bulb were very good at putting the price down quickly, whereas other providers I had been with were tardy in the extreme.

I think that when one is only paying £650 a year for all the power (electricity) coming into your house, then the savings are not going to be on that scale, which is at least partially at the root of my not bothering. It could also be the fear that I sign up for a deal that ends up costing me more. Bulb were very good at putting the price down quickly, whereas other providers I had been with were tardy in the extreme.
    I was indeed paying less than that, £600, and upon renewal they wanted over £800. Ten minutes on uSwitch, Compare the Market and Money Supermarket got me back to below £600.

That's interesting, thank you.

That's interesting, thank you.
    It's not helped me this time though! Went from Green to Avro (saving £100) and just before the switch both went bust. Now in limbo...

£160 in credit at Green (which I arranged with them to return three days before they went bust, but then they didn't) and £60 at Avro. It's certainly got messy. I guess you could say uSwitch have paid for the money that may be lost if the next supplier doesn't know about the credit, given the mid-switch issue could cause problems!
    Last edited by hughtrimble; Yesterday at 08:07.

Craftsman
    I was with Ovo on their dual fuel tariff for the last 7 years and had never bothered to switch, but by moving our electric supply to Octopus we will save about £1,000 over the next year.
    I think that is worth the couple of hours it took to research what was available and make the switch!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

I’ve switched just about annually for the last several years and the savings represented a very significant gain in terms of £ per hour spent. I’d rather not have to bother but more that worth it for me.

Iíve just heard from Bulb who have written to me to kindly inform me that my DD has to be increased from £85 per month (that Iíve paid since January 2018) to £101.
    Iím £346 in credit and this time last year I was £390 in credit, but my energy use (according to them) had nearly doubled. It hasnít but I guess their prices have just about doubled and so they reckon Iím going to be in debit to them pretty quickly.

There are going to be a lot of cold houses this winter.