closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone thinking of selling a older av receiver?

Master

Anyone thinking of selling a older av receiver?

I’m sure this should technically go into wtb but I’m looking to cast a net a little wider as it’s not watch related.

I’ve suffered a terminal failure of my Pioneer SC LX56 receiver and looking to replace it with something not to dissimilar as we are still using a 1080p plasma and don’t have any plans to upgrade in the near future.

So I’m wondering if someone has a avr from say 2013-2017 they have replaced and were thinking of moving on to let me know, ideally something with 100w p/c or above.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I’m sure this should technically go into wtb but I’m looking to cast a net a little wider as it’s not watch related.

I’ve suffered a terminal failure of my Pioneer SC LX56 receiver and looking to replace it with something not to dissimilar as we are still using a 1080p plasma and don’t have any plans to upgrade in the near future.

So I’m wondering if someone has a avr from say 2013-2017 they have replaced and were thinking of moving on to let me know, ideally something with 100w p/c or above.
    Not selling anything personally but have a look for a used Arcam AVR 850 or the older 750. Brilliant bit of kit, loads of punch. The newer Arcam (harman) kit IMHO isn’t as good and prone to issues.
    They do appear up for sale on the bay, hold their money and for good reason.
    Good luck on your quest mate

I'd agree with ^^^^^ this recommendation or a Yamaha Avantage model.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    Not selling anything personally but have a look for a used Arcam AVR 850 or the older 750. Brilliant bit of kit, loads of punch. The newer Arcam (harman) kit IMHO isn’t as good and prone to issues.
    They do appear up for sale on the bay, hold their money and for good reason.
    Good luck on your quest mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I'd agree with ^^^^^ this recommendation or a Yamaha Avantage model.
    Thanks but I was aiming to be closer to a 1/10-1/4 of the price these seem to fetch on eBay.

I’ve my eye on a Advantage atm, I like another Pioneer but at this age the ue22 issue that killed mine is too much of a risk.

Master
    I can’t help in terms of a replacement, but I’m interested in what the terminal failure of your unit was?
    I have an older Pioneer av receiver so interested for background info.

Anyone thinking of selling a older av receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    I can’t help in terms of a replacement, but I’m interested in what the terminal failure of your unit was?
    I have an older Pioneer av receiver so interested for background info.
    Google UE22 pioneer… loads online about it. Basically DSP chip failure due to manufacturer defect if I remember correctly.. they did allow returns but deadline was 2019?

Master
    Just to close this out I picked up a Yamaha RX-A870 Aventage from eBay for a very reasonable price given the current bubble.

First impressions are very good, seems a improvement on my old Pioneer which was quite surprising given their relative price points. I guess that’s five years of developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Just to close this out I picked up a Yamaha RX-A870 Aventage from eBay for a very reasonable price given the current bubble.

First impressions are very good, seems a improvement on my old Pioneer which was quite surprising given their relative price points. I guess that’s five years of developments.
    Yamaha Avantage series have always been quality. When I was running my hifi business they outsold easily 10 to one over Pioneer. In fact we relinquished the Pioneer agency because of poor sales.
    Anyway CM hope you enjoy the Yamaha.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Thanks for letting me know but I picked up a Yamaha a few day ago.