closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Be carefull out there Covid

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    It's odd, isn't it? There seems to be a lot more people catching at the moment, compared to when it was fully rampant and we were in lockdown. At least, I'm hearing of many more cases on here and elsewhere. Obviously, hope you all come through it OK.

A little humour, if I may?

An engineer and an anti-vaxxer were walking through the woods when they came upon a bridge across a crocodile infested river. The anti-vaxxer asked the engineer "What are the odds of us making it across that bridge safely?" The engineer took out his calculator and his tape measure, did a structural analysis and said "99.97% chance we'll make it across that bridge safely.

The anti-vaxxer responded, without even thinking "Forget that, I'm swimming!"

very good!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    In other words you have the first Man-Covid, the one women can't have, lucky them!
    Either that or they’d just solider through and make some vague reference to child birth!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Yeah…. There are clearly so many variables to it…. Genetics / viral load / variant

My first dose of COVID (no vaccine) was really really mild…. Didn’t even take a paracetamol…. This dose, although no worse than a manky cold, I’ve been popping paracetamol and confined to the couch watching the cricket…. It’s been demonstrably worse than my first infection, I would have assumed it (should?) have been a lot milder…. Bizarre!

- - - Updated - - -

Coming to a sales corner near you !!!
    Delta is worse apparently than previous variants

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Liner33 View Post
    Delta is worse apparently than previous variants
    Ah…. From personal experience of both variants now I can confirm this to be true!

Suspect Covid is now endemic and we'll all fet it every 12-36 months with it providing a bit more immunity vs severe infection each time

Blog Entries
    Just tested positive work, lateral flow test, just off to get PCR test, had both jabs, felt like crap for a couple of days.

I tested positive in late July
    I did a LFT as I was due to attend a meeting in an old folks home
    It showed positive so did a PCR test which confirmed it
    Other than a snotty nose one evening and then losing my sense of smell for three days a few days later I did not have any symptoms and if it were not for the test would have said I had a really low level cold / hay fever.
    At that point I had only had one jab.
    As soon as I was all clear I got the 2nd jab (had to re arrange the original 2 jab appointment as it fell exactly half way through my self isolation period - what were the odds?)

Three of my mate currently have covid. All double jabbed. They’re a bit groggy but otherwise ok.

Blog Entries
    Positive PCR test, feels like a bad flu, head not attached to body, lol.
    Ps, any helson divers for sale?

My wife and I are in Cornwall for the week and it’s like COVID doesn’t exist…… hardly anyone wearing a mask and local news reporting low 1st vaccination rate and high infection rates unsurprisingly. The councils are trying to ramp up the messaging

Mrs ryanb741 tested positive today. She's had what I would describe as heavy cold symptoms since Monday- namely sneezing, mucus, blocked sinuses and a lot of coughing. The sort of cold you'd take a few days off work with but not death's door stuff either.

Lateral Flow tests x 3 all negative. Was suspicious so took PCR and tested positive. She had Covid last year and double AZ jabbed. This time round it is MUCH less severe an illness. I've also got the sniffles so I'm getting a PCR test tomorrow am.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Mrs ryanb741 tested positive today. She's had what I would describe as heavy cold symptoms since Monday- namely sneezing, mucus, blocked sinuses and a lot of coughing. The sort of cold you'd take a few days off work with but not death's door stuff either.

Lateral Flow tests x 3 all negative. Was suspicious so took PCR and tested positive. She had Covid last year and double AZ jabbed. This time round it is MUCH less severe an illness. I've also got the sniffles so I'm getting a PCR test tomorrow am.
    Hope you're both ok, just getting over it, spent half an hour in the garden digging up some concrete and was totally knackered.

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    Hope you're both ok, just getting over it, spent half an hour in the garden digging up some concrete and was totally knackered.
    Thanks. Seems fine just like a heavy cold. Hope your fatigue goes soon and you are back at 100%

Journeyman
    First day back at work for me today since my 10 days self isolation period was up.

Feels like I've got a bad head cold still, coughing quite a bit, my chest feels a bit weird, not as much energy as usual and for some reason my hips started aching after I'd been at work for a couple of hours.

My sense of taste and smell seems to be slowly improving now each day.

Is it a feature of second infections and/or double jabbing that lateral flow tests give a false negative?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Is it a feature of second infections and/or double jabbing that lateral flow tests give a false negative?
    That I don't know but Lateral Flow tests are supposed to be used for people with no symptoms so it could be that?

I was negative on Lat Flow but just took PCR 15 mins ago so let's see. I guess results tonight/tmw

Master
    That I don't know but Lateral Flow tests are supposed to be used for people with no symptoms so it could be that?

I was negative on Lat Flow but just took PCR 15 mins ago so let's see. I guess results tonight/tmw
    If you went to the drive through should get the results in less than 24 hours, if you posted it a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    If you went to the drive through should get the results in less than 24 hours, if you posted it a few days.
    Was a walk in centre (the one below). I reckon tonight will get results

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan*S View Post
    First day back at work for me today since my 10 days self isolation period was up.

Feels like I've got a bad head cold still, coughing quite a bit, my chest feels a bit weird, not as much energy as usual and for some reason my hips started aching after I'd been at work for a couple of hours.

My sense of taste and smell seems to be slowly improving now each day.
    It's up to you but you're not supposed to come out of isolation, even after 10 days, if you've still got symptoms apart from cough and loss of taste/smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Three of my mate currently have covid. All double jabbed. They’re a bit groggy but otherwise ok.
    at 90% odd protection you would think it reasonably rare but i think its only 90% in test conditions and my guess is in the real world the real figure is way less

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    at 90% odd protection you would think it reasonably rare but i think its only 90% in test conditions and my guess is in the real world the real figure is way less
    I think this Delta variant is a somewhat different beast

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    It's up to you but you're not supposed to come out of isolation, even after 10 days, if you've still got symptoms apart from cough and loss of taste/smell.
    I asked the NHS that when they rang me on my last day of isolation. They just said if you don't have a fever you can go back to work.

My PCR came back negative.

Master
    Through all this all we can say is please continue to practise social distancing, mask wearing, hand washing/santizing and PLEASE URGE ALL LOV.ED ONE TO GET THEIR VACCINATIONS. THis will help us all to enjoy our passion for breathing and watch wearing.
    Neil sorry to her that you lost your uncle.
    But being in the NHS has shown me a few friends and patients and loved ones……here today gone tomorrow.

Stay safe all of you.

Best of luck to all of you, just like everyone else, I am so tired of this pandemic but unfortunately it'll be around for much longer than we have ever thought.

We all know there is only one scenario where it will eventually fizzle out: 80%+ vaccination rates. Long way to go.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

I woke up Wednesday morning feeling absolutely dreadful; high temp, shivers, aching head-to-toe. No smell or taste.
    LFT was positive so booked my PCR which confirmed I have Covid.
    But here’s why I’m posting about it; Mrs Neely has had bad catarrh for a month now. No other symptoms. She has been taking two lateral flow tests a week, all showing negative and has been going about her business as normal.
    Because of my positive test, she’s been told to take a PCR which has today come back positive. She is somewhat confused, because, apart from blocked sinuses, she feels absolutely fine.
    I think that she’s likely to have had it all along, and it’s her that gave it to me. Quite scary how it can ‘hide’ like that, even avoiding detection from LFTs, so it infects more people.

I'm pretty sure I had a dose of it in January last year, I coughed every few seconds day and night for two weeks, I'd no idea what it was and hadn't heard of Covid, Went to the docs and she immediately pulled a load of tissues from a box and covered her face, She asked me if i'd recently returned from China!!

After 8 steroid tabs in a morning for a week and two coursess of Penicillin it started to subside..

I really thought I was going to die as it felt like my chest was starting to sieze up and really started to struggle to breathe, I'm asthmatic and have COPD after 42 years in a heavy foundry anyhow but the after effects were so bad that I had to pack in work late last year!, Luckily (for me!), Redundancies came up so I jumped in, I would have had to pack in anyhow, This way I got a few bob to live on til my OAP kicks in in three years!

I struggle to get to the top of the stairs now and mostly get three steps from the top and legs just stop but after a few breaths I can make it the rest of the way!!

I've lost an aunt and a friend to Covid and yet there people on facebook that are saying it's not real!!

John..

After 8 steroid tabs in a morning for a week and two coursess of Penicillin it started to subside..
    You probably wouldn’t be treated with the same now if you caught covid.
    You could always have an antibody test to check if you did actually have it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely8 View Post
    I woke up Wednesday morning feeling absolutely dreadful; high temp, shivers, aching head-to-toe. No smell or taste.
    LFT was positive so booked my PCR which confirmed I have Covid.
    But here’s why I’m posting about it; Mrs Neely has had bad catarrh for a month now. No other symptoms. She has been taking two lateral flow tests a week, all showing negative and has been going about her business as normal.
    Because of my positive test, she’s been told to take a PCR which has today come back positive. She is somewhat confused, because, apart from blocked sinuses, she feels absolutely fine.
    I think that she’s likely to have had it all along, and it’s her that gave it to me. Quite scary how it can ‘hide’ like that, even avoiding detection from LFTs, so it infects more people.
    First person I knew who caught it very early days (April 2020) was really ill in hospital. His missus had slight cold symptoms and the runs. Is there any male/female data published?

Wish you both a speedy full recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Thanks David

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    First person I knew who caught it very early days (April 2020) was really ill in hospital. His missus had slight cold symptoms and the runs. Is there any male/female data published?

I can't remember the source, but I have read that men are more at risk.

Master
    I’ve managed not to get it despite flying on two planes and apparently being in close contact with someone who has tested positive. I know very few people who have had it and nobody who has died from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    I’ve managed not to get it despite flying on two planes and apparently being in close contact with someone who has tested positive. I know very few people who have had it and nobody who has died from it.

- - - Updated - - -
    You may have had it and not noticed.

If I listed the things I’ve been doing throughout this pandemic I would be hung drawn and quartered by some on here. Socially distanced hanging, wearing a mask obviously.

I've got it now - PCR test back positive this morning.

I do have symptoms - complete loss of smell - very weird. Cough, bunged up etc.

This virus is still highly active - schools are getting hit very hard in the past few days, not yet fully recognised in the media.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post

This virus is still highly active - schools are getting hit very hard in the past few days, not yet fully recognised in the media.
    Get better soon. My wife still has the cough 8 days later but her ears popped last night so less congested. I'd tested negative on the PCR but have a cold which makes me wonder if the missus has asymptomatic Covid plus a cold which is giving symptoms as she never had loss of smell etc

Get well soon mate.

My wife had the complete loss of smell/taste when she had Covid (really only feeling ill for one day) but weeks after her isolation she still cannot smell anything and wonders if she will ever get her taste back.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Thanks all,

It's a damned thing this virus - seems to affect so many people in so many different ways. Complete pot luck.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr G Imp View Post
    You may have had it and not noticed.

If I listed the things I’ve been doing throughout this pandemic I would be hung drawn and quartered by some on here. Socially distanced hanging, wearing a mask obviously.
    You could be right as I’ve only ever taken three tests. Since been on another plane and once again someone on it tested positive.

A double jabbed friend in Berkshire was hospitalised with Covid respiratory symptoms 3 weeks ago ... discharged after 1 week ... then readmitted last week and is again receiving oxygen. His double jabbed wife was also hospitalised but she is back home again. Maybe a new Covid variant?

Children can be asymptomatic but can still pass on the virus ... they might be the weakest link.
    Last edited by sundial; 21st September 2021 at 19:00.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Master
    My whole house had Covid 4/5 weeks ago, and my wife is still very tired and generally lethargic - she’s 37, and quite athletic for reference. I have no remaining symptoms. Kids (3 & 4) back to being a pain in the arse as before

As others have noted, appeared more like a head cold, no cough, and the loss of smell/taste was the first noticeable symptom