closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be carefull out there Covid

Craftsman

Be carefull out there Covid

Be very careful out there. I had not been out for over 2 weeks as I cracked a rib and internal bruising so full of pain killers. My wife has only been out once in that time and only went in one shop and yet on Sunday morning woke up at 04:00 am feeling ill and tested positive for covid on a home lateral flow test. We both went to a test centre for a PCR test. My wifes PCR test was later confirmed as positive but my PCR test came back negative. We are both 74 had both jabs months ago and have been very careful with masks etc we have no idea where she caught it. So far I am still testing negative. Extremely worrying to have caught it while sticking to all precautions.
    Regards
    Pete

Master
    Yes it hasn’t gone away and as folk become more blasé cases will inevitably rise again. At least you probably won’t end up in hospital!

My area seems riddled with it now, at least after the jabs you have much less chance of serious illness

On the positive side it seems getting Covid after vaccination is very protective against further infection so look at it like a free booster jab.

I hope your wife's illness is mild and quick and the same applies to you if you end up with it as I assume you will if you live together.

A timely reminder thanks, hopefully won’t be too serious for either of you.

I also caught it 10+ days ago and probably passed it onto my wife We are also very careful when out food shopping etc. Apart from a thick head, feeling of a blocked nose and no sense of taste or smell we are both OK. We were both double AZ jabbed months ago.

Craftsman
    Best wishes, OP. I got it a few weeks back now. Very thankful to have had both vaccinations as I'm one of the prime demographic to be very ill.

All a bit odd. One very bloodshot eye, then the other, earache right to left, then sort of like sinusitis without the nose being blocked, a bit of coughing and of course sense of taste and smell gone, just returnning now. I'm pretty much fine now altough still very lethargic.

My partner who is a nurse had it last summer but somehow I managed to avoid it.

Could have been much worse, chin up!

My wifes colleague has just been confirmed as positive, despite being double jabbed.

Since he had his second jab he has been prancing around as though he was invincible, in a very arrogant manner and despite whether or not other work colleagues in the same office had received their jab or not, often ignoring the government advice which was in place at the time also.

He has now passed it onto at least 2 others in their small office of 5 staff. His wife has it also and is double jabbed.

This is not going away at any time soon.

Literally just done a lateral flow test (looking negative with 5 min to go) had a bit of sinus swelling/congestion and couldn’t get off to sleep for second night in the row, don’t feel ill but it’s good to be aware of what might be Covid if you are double jabbed.
    As has been said by many, ‘it feels like hay fever’ if in doubt test!

Get well soon OP, hopefully both your symptoms are mild and you'd recover asap

My daughter and her husband both double vaccinated have just both tested positive, I don't know if it helps but I still wear a mask when going to super markets or anywhere with lots of folk about.

I had it just over a month ago, I'm 48, other than asthma am very fit and healthy, and I had my second jab at the end of May. Since I am working from home the only places I'd visited in the 2 weeks prior were Tesco and the fuel station. Both my kids tested positive within a few days of me getting it but my wife didn't catch it. Symptoms wise, other than the usual headaches, loss of taste and other flu symptoms, my body temp fluctuated a lot. It was severe enough that I passed out twice, my wife finding me unconscious on both occasions. Felt like when your body is fighting a fever off and you go hot and cold periodically. I'm back to normal now and grateful that I wasn't hospitalised with it.

Quote Originally Posted by nr73 View Post
    I had it just over a month ago, I'm 48, other than asthma am very fit and healthy, and I had my second jab at the end of May. Since I am working from home the only places I'd visited in the 2 weeks prior were Tesco and the fuel station. Both my kids tested positive within a few days of me getting it but my wife didn't catch it. Symptoms wise, other than the usual headaches, loss of taste and other flu symptoms, my body temp fluctuated a lot. It was severe enough that I passed out twice, my wife finding me unconscious on both occasions. Felt like when your body is fighting a fever off and you go hot and cold periodically. I'm back to normal now and grateful that I wasn't hospitalised with it.
    Blimey, glad you're OK.
    Out of curiosity do you recall which vax you received?

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Blimey, glad you're OK.
    Out of curiosity do you recall which vax you received?
    Yes, the Astra Zeneca jab in my case.

Meant to add, best wishes to the OP and your wife.

Best wishes to all for a quick recovery. I've a feeling that my wife has it, despite a good number of negative lateral flow tests. She's gone and had a PCR test this morning and will await results.

No fever or loss of taste/smell but she has severely blocked sinuses, regular headaches, neckaches as well as sickness - has been that way for maybe a week.

All adults double-jabbed.

It always confuses me that people with a positive result on a LFT then have to go out and about to get a PCR test? Surely they should be self-isolating?

But then the rules have changed so much I have no idea what they are anymore

My eldest son has just phoned to say he has tested positive for Covid.

Coincidentally he was called back in to work last week.

He'll be OK, apparently just flu like symptoms and luckily he has had his jabs unlike my Uncle who lives in the Philippines, caught Covid and was dead in a week. Watched the funeral on Zoom last week.

We are lucky to live in a country where jabs and tests are so freely available unlike many.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    It always confuses me that people with a positive result on a LFT then have to go out and about to get a PCR test? Surely they should be self-isolating?

But then the rules have changed so much I have no idea what they are anymore

We've done several negative LFT's but worry about their efficacy, hence wanting to do an PCR. If we'd have had a positive LFT in the house, we'd be isolating.

My daughter, who's very careful, has tested positive today and her son.
    Husband hasn't got it nor her other 14 year old son.
    Luckily I haven't seen her for 3 weeks so fingers crossed🤞

As a matter of interest how quick does a positive test show on the lateral flow tests?

I know its 30minutes until you are all clear but a guy at work had covid and reckoned it was postive within ten minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    As a matter of interest how quick does a positive test show on the lateral flow tests?

I know its 30minutes until you are all clear but a guy at work had covid and reckoned it was postive within ten minutes.
    Usually within a couple of mins but best to wait 15 mins on the latest tests just in case

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post

There are several manufacturers’ kits in widespread use and there are some differences in procedure between them, so if you’re using a new kit it’s always worth checking exactly what the procedure for that kit actually is.

One of the reasons LFDs aren’t as reliable as PCRs is that they’re performed by millions of people like us who aren’t trained in following laboratory standard operating procedures ;-)

(Well, I was, but that was 35 years ago!)

My wife was going to invite her cousins over in the garden this weekend (3 sisters) but found out today they're keen anti vaxxers.

Didn't even think to ask about their vaccine, just assumed they would have had it.

Master
    Currently isolating with the Mrs who has a positive PCR and two home kits. I've done two home kits and negative but definitely know something is on route. Like when a bad cold is just one sleep away. Both only had one jab so far. Mrs temp fluctuating and flu symptoms.... what makes it worse is the what ifs, but thats life.
    GL to everyone in the same boat! Heart goes out to ppl on their own.

My brother he’s 44 and quite fit and healthy. Double jabbed. Got COVID last week and he’s still feeling really ruff today. 9 days later.

For what it’s worth, in terms of how quickly it can come on…when I had COVID I tested negative on the Friday morning, had heart racing on the Saturday night which was a bit odd, and was otherwise fine up until 4pm on the Sunday at which point I felt very off very quickly. Came on within an hour. At that point I did another LFT which showed positive.
    Last edited by nr73; 3rd September 2021 at 08:06.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nr73 View Post
    For what it’s worth, in terms of how quickly it can come on…when I had COVID I tested negative on the Friday morning, had heart racing on the Saturday night which was a bit odd, and was fine up until 4pm on the Sunday at which point I felt very off very quickly. Came on within an hour. At that point I did another LFT which showed positive.
    My wife had symptoms for 2 days and tested negative, tested positive on the 3rd day by which time she’d passed it it on to God knows how many people. No idea how I haven’t got it, so far anyway!

Thanks for the tips Ryan and mark.

Craftsman
    Good luck to anyone who's caught it, two people I know haven't made it. The figures are quite alarming at the moment, be careful.

Master
    Hopefully you’ll recover quickly with no side effects.
    I’m 62 and double jabbed, very careful and always wear a mask when out, I ended up in hospital for 10 days needing oxygen, been home 4 weeks now and it’s still a struggle to do simple things.
    Until you’ve had covid properly, ( by that I mean needing hospital treatment), you don’t realise what the virus tries to do to you, literally feel like you’re suffocating, wearing a cpap mask is no fun either, but it’s one of the things that keeps you alive.
    It’s not going anywhere soon and all the time it mutates we have to be extra careful.

Heard from old friends in London of a couple of acquaintances who're now living with long covid, one guy a bit younger than me, mid 40's, who had over the last decade gotten deep into his iron man/ triathlons...that sucks balls.

My eldest and youngest sons have both contracted Covid in the last week or two.

My eldest when he had to go back to work. He's had one jab.

Youngest has just moved to Devon and phoned yesterday to say he has it too. He's had two jabs.

So far the Mrs and I are OK but we did the test yesterday, waiting for results.

My uncle who lives in the Philippines (a very fit 77 years old who owned a farm) died from Covid last week.

No vaccinations out there.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Blog Entries
    ^^^^^

So sorry to hear that Neil…. We are lucky here in the U.K.…. We should all be doing more to get the world vaccinated

I had COvID in March 2020 - relatively mild

Have since been double jabbed

Now sat on my couch watching the cricket feeling a little under the weather…. Got my confirmation of a positive PCR test through this morning

Bizarrely feel worse than when I had COvID with no vaccination (viral load? Variant?)

Nothing worse than a manky cold for me…. But, now stuck at home until Tuesday

I’m being careful, but, equally I am going out…. Had a lovely meal Saturday night celebrating our wedding anniversary and a few cocktails too…. My hangover the next morning were in fact the start of my symptoms….

I will continue to go out, go the footy and seem my mates/ family after this…. I can’t hide away forever

Nothing worse than a manky cold for me…. But, now stuck at home until Tuesday
    And it’s likely that’s how this coronavirus will be for most of us, reinfection on 18-36 month cycles each time likely less debilitating than the previous. Just like the other coronaviruses in circulation.
    At some point we will probably not even test for it unless we are in a healthcare situation or planning on visiting the vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    My wife was going to invite her cousins over in the garden this weekend (3 sisters) but found out today they're keen anti vaxxers.

Didn't even think to ask about their vaccine, just assumed they would have had it.
    Dodged a bullet there obviously. Next time ask
    For their vaccine passports

Got my third ("booster") Pfizer shot 3 weeks ago. Been feeling pretty indestructible, but not any more!

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Got my third ("booster") Pfizer shot 3 weeks ago. Been feeling pretty indestructible, but not any more!
    I'd say you are likely about bullet proof PC.

Oscar de la Hoya is currently hospitalised with Covid and he is double vaxxed. Just shows it is still a threat and being fit and healthy (assume this hall of fame boxer is) is helpful but no means a guarantee of a mild illness
    Last edited by ryanb741; 4th September 2021 at 12:33.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    And it’s likely that’s how this coronavirus will be for most of us, reinfection on 18-36 month cycles each time likely less debilitating than the previous. Just like the other coronaviruses in circulation.
    At some point we will probably not even test for it unless we are in a healthcare situation or planning on visiting the vulnerable.
    I suspect you’re right…. These things have less impact over time…

Two infections and two vaccines…. I must be raging with antibodies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I suspect you’re right…. These things have less impact over time…

Two infections and two vaccines…. I must be raging with antibodies!!!
    I'd start selling off vials of your blood. You'll be a millionaire overnight!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Oscar de la Hoya is currently hospitalised with Covid and he is double vaxxed. Just shows it is still a threat and being fitband healthy (assume this hall of fame boxer is) is helpful but no means a guarantee of a mild illness
    Yeah…. There are clearly so many variables to it…. Genetics / viral load / variant

My first dose of COVID (no vaccine) was really really mild…. Didn’t even take a paracetamol…. This dose, although no worse than a manky cold, I’ve been popping paracetamol and confined to the couch watching the cricket…. It’s been demonstrably worse than my first infection, I would have assumed it (should?) have been a lot milder…. Bizarre!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I'd start selling off vials of your blood. You'll be a millionaire overnight!
    Coming to a sales corner near you 😆!!!

Wife and I got back our test results today, she has Covid and I don't - weird.

Wife has heavy cold symptoms and I feel fine.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

.. confined to the couch watching the cricket….
    Things could be worse!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Wife and I got back our test results today, she has Covid and I don't - weird.

Wife has heavy cold symptoms and I feel fine.
    Despite sharing a bed together etc!!! My wife has zero, nothing, zilch…. Until I get clear lateral flow test she won’t come near me…

Cricket is a bit boring today !

It is definitely running rife again. I hope everyone else is making a swift recovery.
    I have been very cautious throughout, I am a fit, healthy 46 year old and double vaccinated with Moderna, I tested positive Sunday 5/9 via LFT which was confirmed this morning via my PCR results. I feel floored by it, it’s like having the flu, I dread to think how I would feel if I wasn’t vaccinated.

Touch wood the wife is still negative and I am isolating in the spare room.

Keep safe all and take care. If you haven’t had the vaccine yet I would implore you to do so as this is yucky enough as it is. Don’t risk it being worse.

All the best.

Darren

Despite sharing a bed together etc!!! My wife has zero, nothing, zilch…. Until I get clear lateral flow test she won’t come near me…

Cricket is a bit boring today !
    In other words you have the first Man-Covid, the one women can't have, lucky them!
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post

But the vaccinated can still transmit the virus and have the same viral levels as the unvaccinated?

You just don't iike the sisters

But the vaccinated can still transmit the virus and have the same viral levels as the unvaccinated?

You just don't iike the sisters
    I'm not smart enough to know the specifics of anything, let alone covid, so the best option for us is just not to have them over at all but it has tainted my view of them. What a bunch of twats.

If they were coming with boyfriends I would have been made to stay home, if not I would have found something to do and made my excuses.

Massive relief not having to entertain them for a few hours. All they do is take selfies, lots of lame little videos to put on Instagram and then ask me to make cappuccinos which they forget to drink, say "oh it's cold now" and ask for another. Last time I told them there's ice in the freezer or a microwave in the kitchen, pick one. 36p a capsule and they all had doubles. Ergh

I thought the latest science had now 'proven' that the risk of transmission was reduced from those who are vaccinated. Has that now changed again?

It's odd, isn't it? There seems to be a lot more people catching at the moment, compared to when it was fully rampant and we were in lockdown. At least, I'm hearing of many more cases on here and elsewhere. Obviously, hope you all come through it OK.

A little humour, if I may?

An engineer and an anti-vaxxer were walking through the woods when they came upon a bridge across a crocodile infested river. The anti-vaxxer asked the engineer "What are the odds of us making it across that bridge safely?" The engineer took out his calculator and his tape measure, did a structural analysis and said "99.97% chance we'll make it across that bridge safely.

The anti-vaxxer responded, without even thinking "Forget that, I'm swimming!"