closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cobblers

Cobblers

After a full day of hawthorn cutting, I picked a few pounds of blackberries that quickly became a nice late summer’s pudding. I normally do blackberry roly poly, but this was a nice change.

Anyone else do this or have other hedgerow recipes?

That looks absolutely delicious

Looks delicious! Can't beat an apple and blackberry pie for me.
    F.T.F.A.

i just turned half a carrier bag of blackberries into a gallon of wine which i usually mx 50/50 with elderberry wine - will also be making pontac sauce when the elderberrys are ready.

https://dawesindoors.wordpress.com/2...ever-heard-of/

Thanks Gents, it was magic :)

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Looks delicious! Can't beat an apple and blackberry pie for me.
    One of the delights of my garden has been the restoration of a much neglected antique apple tree, which for the last couple of years has given us some wonderful Pitmaston Pineapples in mid September. It’s a shame they lag the blackberry crop!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    i just turned half a carrier bag of blackberries into a gallon of wine which i usually mx 50/50 with elderberry wine - will also be making pontac sauce when the elderberrys are ready.

https://dawesindoors.wordpress.com/2...ever-heard-of/
    Oh excellent; I genuinely never thought to do something like that with blackberries. Will have a read up, thank you.

That looks superb.

I took the children blackberrying and we brought about three home.

Lots were eaten en route though.

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Thanks Gents, it was magic :)

One of the delights of my garden has been the restoration of a much neglected antique apple tree, which for the last couple of years has given us some wonderful Pitmaston Pineapples in mid September. It’s a shame they lag the blackberry crop!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh excellent; I genuinely never thought to do something like that with blackberries. Will have a read up, thank you.
    if you want to make some blackberry booze for say xmas the easiest would be a blackberry liqueur (very easy to make , basically just blackberries /vodka/sugar ) - you dont need any brewing knowledge.

basically just fill a large mason jar with blackberries and cheap vodka , mash it a bit with a wooden spoon and leave for 4/6 weeks shaking it a few times a week , then strain it thru a coffee filter and add sugar syrup to taste (use the blackberrys in a crumble or pie ) .
    some recipes tell you to add the sugar at the start but its easier to filter not doing so and just adding a a sugar syrup at the end - you can do the same with any fruit to make a specific liqueur.
    Last edited by pugster; 30th August 2021 at 21:05.

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Freeze some blackberries! We need to see that pie!
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    That looks superb.

I took the children blackberrying and we brought about three home.

Lots were eaten en route though.
    If I understand the nuanced work of the 1995 Nobel Laureate in Literature correctly, it’s to always eat them before you get home.