closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone an expert in NFT’s and ETH?

Anyone an expert in NFT’s and ETH?

It’s got the tulip bubble feel about it and for a non tech all a bit odd but anyone invest/create in that field?
    Reason I ask is I shot some 7 second moving image clips that are quite eye catching and wondered if they would sell?
    (See my website here and scroll down to the 3 films) http://www.garysmithphoto.com

I shot them as light/movement tests to show prospective media clients that I can light/compose and understand movement etc. But it struck me that visually they are more engaging that most of the NFT stuff I have seen which is a very ‘deviant art’.
    I don’t operate in that world so wondered if it was worth dipping my toe in the water, there must be many pitfalls for the uneducated!? Anyone selling and getting ETH to pay the bills?

Master
    I have no idea mate but your work is outstanding 👏

You could ask this 12 year old for some advice. What a lad!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58343062

I have to agree, your work is stunning. I enjoyed scrolling through your website.

From a fellow photographer its a hats off from me, top quality work, love your editing too..

Master

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    It’s got the tulip bubble feel about it and for a non tech all a bit odd but anyone invest/create in that field?
    Reason I ask is I shot some 7 second moving image clips that are quite eye catching and wondered if they would sell?
    (See my website here and scroll down to the 3 films) http://www.garysmithphoto.com

I shot them as light/movement tests to show prospective media clients that I can light/compose and understand movement etc. But it struck me that visually they are more engaging that most of the NFT stuff I have seen which is a very ‘deviant art’.
    I don’t operate in that world so wondered if it was worth dipping my toe in the water, there must be many pitfalls for the uneducated!? Anyone selling and getting ETH to pay the bills?
    Stunning photos.

The 12year old used the NFT toolkit shared by “Boring Bananas”. Has father helped with the programming using a language called Python to modify the code so that he could produce the Whale NFT.

I would expect a tool to support tokenisation which doesn’t require coding to be available, suggest you have a look at OpenSea.
    Last edited by joe narvey; 30th August 2021 at 21:49.

I don't know anything about those Nun-Fungicide Totem things, but your photographs are amazing.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Stunning photos.

The 12year old used the NFT toolkit shared by Boring Bananas. Has father helped with the programming using Python to modify the code so that he produce the token. I would expect a tool to support tokenisation with requiring coding to be available.

Suggest you have a look at OpenSea.
    This is where my knowledge runs out.. Python? toolkit? Im advanced in captureOne/photoshop/final cutX but outside of that i know nothing about coding (why would I? I dabbled in terminal on the Mac to fix a few things but that’s it)
    I’ll have a read about OpenSea. I did read something about implementing a future percentage of sales within the work and different kinds of auction. Also a warning that the fees could mean a sale means up costing you money.
    And thanks for all the comments.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    I don't know anything about those Nun-Fungicide Totem things, but your photographs are amazing.
    I’m sharing this link as the risk of you talking about Nuns with fungicides is a little scary.

https://www.coinbase.com/learn/crypt.../what-are-nfts

I’m sharing this link as the risk of you talking about Nuns with fungicides is a little scary.
    Now I'm wondering what they've been boring with those bananas. Maybe that's why they need the fungicide.

Sorry, OP. As you were.

Master
    This is where my knowledge runs out.. Python? toolkit? Im advanced in captureOne/photoshop/final cutX but outside of that i know nothing about coding (why would I? I dabbled in terminal on the Mac to fix a few things but that’s it)
    I’ll have a read about OpenSea. I did read something about implementing a future percentage of sales within the work and different kinds of auction. Also a warning that the fees could mean a sale means up costing you money.
    And thanks for all the comments.
    Read the Coinbase info and then if you PM questions I will connect you with someone.

Read the Coinbase info and then if you PM questions I will connect you with someone.
    I’m going to do some more research, so many things to double check, copyright, banking, taxes (it will effectively be a business sale) etc etc before I even think about trying to list something that I have no idea if it will sell and more than cover costs.
    I’m still trying to get my head round it!?

Master

I’m going to do some more research, so many things to double check, copyright, banking, taxes (it will effectively be a business sale) etc etc before I even think about trying to list something that I have no idea if it will sell and more than cover costs.
    I’m still trying to get my head round it!?
    The tax treatment should be fairly simple as it’s income. The tricky part will be the valuation. The market must set the value otherwise any transaction will have the appearance of money laundering. Offering for sale via a credible site is key.
    Last edited by joe narvey; 31st August 2021 at 09:32.

Wow superb pics! Really amazing work there.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I don't know about NFTs - I'm too old for them to make sense!

I loved your website - truly stunning images. The videos reminded me of this James Righton track - the shadows have a very hypnotic quality, as do your short videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seUF04gABgs

Great photo's. Unfortunately NFT's are a bit of a mystery to me as well. It has the feel of Emperor's new clothes about it, but if you're the one selling the clothes...

Master
    NFT curious artists may find this interesting

https://www-elliptic-co.cdn.ampproje...00?hs_amp=true