closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Moser Streamliner Perpetual Calendar

Moser Streamliner Perpetual Calendar

Announced today. I’m usually a huge Moser fan, love the Streamliner and everything else they’ve done, but I’m not liking this version so much. Huge power reserve and being able to adjust the date at any time without risk to the movement is a plus but the date window placement just seems off to me. Normally I don’t mind 4 o’clock dates would want the date to be towards the outer part of the dial but I think this one needs to be moved in a bit and maybe a bit bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am with you.

Much prefer their original PC.

What is it with the date window obsession? No one needs that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks a little like a Tag from the 90s with the bracelet :P

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    Looks a little like a Tag from the 90s with the bracelet :P
    I was thinking more like an Ebel!

Another No from me. Even the crown looks askew (but that may just be poor CGI).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Definitely more like an Ebel. But it’s also a total munter.

Master
    I am a bit of a Moser fan boy most of the time, but this does not quite work. As mentioned by others, crown looks off, date wrong place etc.
    For me also they have used the wrong dial colour. Moser is famous for coloured fume dials so why go with a boring grey for this ??? Also power reservoir does not really work in this position.
    So a meh

I suspect that this is one of those watches that looks far better in the metal. The photo is a bit flat and lifeless, and isn't doing a great deal for me; I don't have any particular issue with the date window, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    +1 I thought Ebelish too.

Master
    I think the Streamliner aesthetic is one that folk either love or hate. I own the green-dialled centre seconds version and I'm in the love camp.

FWIW, I really like the date placement on this. It reminds me of the Glashutte Sport Evolution. I'm not so keen on the power reserve though and I'm keen to see the evolution of the Streamliner. It's great that Moser are expanding the series - I'd love to see their big date implementation on a non perpetual-calendar version.

simon

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I suspect that this is one of those watches that looks far better in the metal. The photo is a bit flat and lifeless, and isn't doing a great deal for me; I don't have any particular issue with the date window, though.

The minute marker track reminds me of the Speedmaster Tin Tin and the power reserve at 50 mins is unnecessary.

Don’t like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaldo1711 View Post
    +1 I thought Ebelish too.
    Understandable due to bracelet.
    Otherwise it is nothing like an Ebel.
    Calling something like a Tag is equivalent to the use of homophobic slurs when disparaging a guy but there is nothing that looks like a Tag here.
    Not always the biggest Moser fan but I like it compared to their usual vanilla stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    The minute marker track reminds me of the Speedmaster Tin Tin and the power reserve at 50 mins is unnecessary.

Don’t like it.
    The minute mark track is a disaster - never liked them on any of the Streamliner. The rest will likely be ok in real life.

Beer-brain moment - I only see the date, so how is this a 'perpetual calendar'?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    The real small hand pointing 12 in the pic is the month ie in the pic it is pointing to 12 ie December (1= jan, 2= feb etc). On the backside is leap year indicator. So all covered for a perpetual. This execution by Moser for the month is really elegant and keeps the dual uncluttered.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    There is a stubby central hand that points to the month and there’s a dial on the back that points to the year relative to the nearest leap year.

From the perspective of a Center Seconds Stresmliner owner, I can confirm that the minutes / seconds track is dreadful to read. But I still love it 🙂

simon

Not quite for me, but I do like the idea of integrating the power reserve into the minute track. Usually power reserve indicators stick out like a sore thumb on otherwise good looking watches (looking at you, Grand Seiko), but if you’re gonna stick one on this solution is much less obtrusive.

Master
    [QUOTE=RAJEN;5824636]
    Calling something like a Tag is equivalent to the use of homophobic slurs when disparaging a guy but there is nothing that looks like a Tag here./QUOTE]

Saying one particular watch resembles another equates to homophobia. Really? What a bizarre thing to say.

Master

It does look better in these photos.

Quote Originally Posted by JP28 View Post
    The real small hand pointing 12 in the pic is the month ie in the pic it is pointing to 12 ie December (1= jan, 2= feb etc). On the backside is leap year indicator. So all covered for a perpetual. This execution by Moser for the month is really elegant and keeps the dual uncluttered.
    Quote Originally Posted by gladders View Post
    There is a stubby central hand that points to the month and there’s a dial on the back that points to the year relative to the nearest leap year.

From the perspective of a Center Seconds Stresmliner owner, I can confirm that the minutes / seconds track is dreadful to read. But I still love it 

simon

Thanks chaps. I love the Streamliner aesthetic, and the rear of the watch is masterly, but the month indicator is way too subtle for my knackered eyes, and the lack of a weekday is another black-mark for me. Absurd really, since there's not an icecube-in-hell's chance I could ever afford one!