closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got the call...Rolex freebies?

Is this thread amateur hour, or what?

If you want to know how to get your hands on sellable freebies; why not just ask the best of the best, our own Mr. Sweepinghands?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Is this thread amateur hour, or what?

If you want to know how to get your hands on sellable freebies; why not just ask the best of the best, our own Mr. Sweepinghands?
    Because with him they stop being freebies?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    SA ‘Boss we’ve had a fella in and he’s bought 5 two tone DJ’s and a few models we couldn’t sell gathering dust and he asked for a Rolex pen and a Rolex cap’.

AD ‘what a peasant! Can’t believe you actually allowed the serf in the store - blacklist him forever!’.
    Come along Mr D

That is a situation that will never occur any more. Rolex have got their act together and buying a new Rolex is now not as easy as it was. The "gathering of dust" is a long distant memory. If you want something good, you either buy their lesser model beforehand or you pay over RRP at your local grey dealer.

Rolex are aiming at and slowly succeeding in attracting customers on the PP level. They will walk in and buy the watch and never mention the word discount in case they get pushed to the bottom of the waiting list. They will never sell the watch in order to buy something else, they will simply keep it and pass it on to someone in the family.

That is the way it is going and if some Herbert is actually daft enough to ask for, or demand, a freebie, they are in a position to turn down his custom.

Craftsman
    Mr P .. I get the impression you are old enough to remember recessions .. part of the circle of life, discounts will come again .. maybe even on the sacrosanct Daytona .

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitz View Post
    Mr P .. I get the impression you are old enough to remember recessions .. part of the circle of life, discounts will come again .. maybe even on the sacrosanct Daytona .

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Rolex suffered from over production but they seem to have now learned the lesson of keeping volumes down below demand and that nearly always makes the item exclusive and even during recessions there are well monied people eager to splash the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Come along Mr D

That is a situation that will never occur any more. Rolex have got their act together and buying a new Rolex is now not as easy as it was. The "gathering of dust" is a long distant memory. If you want something good, you either buy their lesser model beforehand or you pay over RRP at your local grey dealer.

Rolex are aiming at and slowly succeeding in attracting customers on the PP level. They will walk in and buy the watch and never mention the word discount in case they get pushed to the bottom of the waiting list. They will never sell the watch in order to buy something else, they will simply keep it and pass it on to someone in the family.

That is the way it is going and if some Herbert is actually daft enough to ask for, or demand, a freebie, they are in a position to turn down his custom.
    Are there really enough wealthy people globally that desire Rolex for them to ever reach this kind of level? They aren’t going to sell the million watches they sell a year to the UHNW who never really own the watch, just hold it for a generation.

I was at an AP AD in London last month and someone was in there picking up a Royal Oak jumbo ultra thin piece and was sure to pick up some merchandise he had requested in advance. I doubt he’ll have a Red Cross against his name..

So here's the aftershave pic's, it actually smells quite Middle-East Oud, not my cup of tea in terms of smell, but it has a lovely crown!

Master
    At a tangent, I collected a 126610 last week, but the AD didn't supply the white hang tag; the white outer sleeve or the bezel protector. They have previously kept the white tag from a Rolex, but never held onto the bezel guard or the outer sleeve. When I asked about them I was told it was in case they got onto the grey market.
    It all seems a bit random to me.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Taff;5854074]Which AD was that with?

It was with WOS group, the other half took a few pics. Will tag them on when I get back to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    At a tangent, I collected a 126610 last week, but the AD didn't supply the white hang tag; the white outer sleeve or the bezel protector. They have previously kept the white tag from a Rolex, but never held onto the bezel guard or the outer sleeve. When I asked about them I was told it was in case they got onto the grey market.

You should involve the United Nations.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Nice aftershave!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    They have previously kept the white tag from a Rolex, but never held onto the bezel guard or the outer sleeve. When I asked about them I was told it was in case they got onto the grey market.
    Beyond random! How much does it reduce the grey value by? £10/20??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boarder1 View Post
    Hehe, that's a fantastic lid. Screw down indeed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Beyond random! How much does it reduce the grey value by? £10/20??
    I doubt it has any effect.

It's a pointless anti-grey measure designed by someone who has never needed to buy grey.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    I doubt it has any effect.

It's a pointless anti-grey measure designed by someone who has never needed to buy grey.
    My thoughts also. Just seemed a bit strange and half hearted to me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    You should involve the United Nations.
    Yawn

Master
    Blog Entries
    That aftershave is quite nice, they normally have it in the ablutions I the ADs