closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got the call...Rolex freebies?

Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    I couldn’t think of anything worse than walking around with a Rolex baseball cap, umbrella etc .

Reminds me of Joey from friends and the Porsche jacket episode .
    “Mug me”

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    “Mug me”
    Absolutely!! Big walking advert .

Might have to see if I can get a Tudor cap when I'm next at the AD. Guaranteed to be left alone by muggers and at social events. Win/win.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Might have to see if I can get a Tudor cap when I'm next at the AD. Guaranteed to be left alone by muggers and at social events. Win/win.
    Hahahaha.

Can confirm.

I've never received any freebies for any of the Rolex or other brands I've ever bought at an AD. To be honest, it never even crossed my mind to ask. If they had offered something it would have been a nice gesture but wasn't expected at all.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Got my sub this year, I had to specifically ask for the paper box sleeve and the chap needed to ask the boss if I could have it let alone any freebies!

Craftsman
    I got a Poundland bag
    So i didn’t have to walk down the street with a mug me Jewler’s bag

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Haha class.

I saw someone walk out of a jewellers in Mayfair a while ago with a heavy looking farm foods bag, and got into a Lamborghini Urus.

Craftsman
    I was given, without asking, a very nice face mask when I picked up my latest Rolex. It wasn’t branded Rolex but had the ADs name embossed on it. Not sure whether I should be impressed or not given some of the forgoing comments.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I have received a host of different things without asking.
    I am usually thankful for getting the watch I wanted without a long wait or premium and the freebies are welcome but not important. By and large quality is good. Most of it I have given away to friends but certainly I have enough confidence and ability to use it in public without feeling like a mug or being insecure about getting mugged. I would never ask for freebies because frankly they are not that important.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have had the usual magazines, a pen and leather watch roll.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I have received a host of different things without asking.
    I am usually thankful for getting the watch I wanted without a long wait or premium and the freebies are welcome but not important. By and large quality is good. Most of it I have given away to friends but certainly I have enough confidence and ability to use it in public without feeling like a mug or being insecure about getting mugged. I would never ask for freebies because frankly they are not that important.
    Be honest, you wouldn't feel like a bit of a mug wearing these in public?

Master
    The last thing I got when I bought a DJ last year was a Pragnell umbrella, which was pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Be honest, you wouldn't feel like a bit of a mug wearing these in public?
    Green ties is not my thing but this is not outrageous. I am sure I could wear it AND make it look good:-)

Master
    What is that dial like in real life? Is it a flat gren?

I believe it is probably the most in demand OP 41 so well done on that pick up!

Hope you enjoy it.
    Regarding gifts, probably those days are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Green ties is not my thing but this is not outrageous. I am sure I could wear it AND make it look good:-)
    We're going to need pictures to substantiate these outlandish claims

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Got my sub this year, I had to specifically ask for the paper box sleeve and the chap needed to ask the boss if I could have it let alone any freebies!
    Never understood why there’s an issue with things like bezel protectors and “coffins”. What do they do with the ones that they don’t give the watch buyer?? Very strange - even by Rolex standards!

Some people in this thread are completely CRINGE blind, simply they don't have a clue how nauseous it looks wearing certain branded garments, even worse is asking for them.

Just the payment Sir to complete, total £££££...

Oh yes, here is my card and errm, hmmm, stutter, fumble... I don't suppose you have any freebies do you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    I've never received any freebies for any of the Rolex or other brands I've ever bought at an AD. To be honest, it never even crossed my mind to ask. If they had offered something it would have been a nice gesture but wasn't expected at all.
    Me neither. Even Freddie bought his cap second hand!

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Still can't believe someone would buy a watch from the cheapest range with the lowest margin - a model somehow selling above RRP - and ask for "freebies" which the AD buys from Rolex. Amazing really.
    I'd hardly call £4.7k cheap, maybe to you but certainly not me

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post

Cheapest - not cheap.

Craftsman
    I've received a Rolex cap when I got my Tudor. Still sat in the cupboard unworn..

Master
    Surely the point of freebies is to create a positive buying experience in the hope the buyer returns?

If they’ve got an unobtainable it’s surely even more important to get them back to buy some dross next time.

No harm in asking.

Not what I said.

I once was giving a Tag Umbrella (huge one) when I visited the shop and the heavens opening. Actually came in handy. Also received a Tudor baseball cap, no branding apart the red shield on the back nice and small. Again came in handy as I hate doing my hair and charcoal cap works for me.

Still can't believe someone would buy a watch from the cheapest range with the lowest margin - a model somehow selling above RRP - and ask for "freebies" which the AD buys from Rolex. Amazing really.
    I´d be all over that, after all they´re in, part of the game of extracting the urine, consider it a tiny rebalancing of the scales and a laugh of course. Why on earth should the purchaser be remotely considering the vendors margin, that´s between them and the brand.
    Last edited by Passenger; 1st September 2021 at 11:42.

Not what I said.
    My bad. Misread your original post.

Anyway it seems like the general consensus here is that asking for freebies is a no no. I am of Far Eastern Asian descent, we haggle for everything and try to extract as much as we can from the seller. It is generally expected by the seller, that same seller or employee if he/she is working for an company would most likely do the exact same thing if they were buying something. What I see here is a cultural difference where most of you guys would find it embarrassing or just plain wrong to ask for any extras on a purchase, me, not so much although I don't do it very often here in the UK.

This particular AD I've been using for a few years, although I am by no means a big spender I have purchased a number of items from them. The first Rolex I bought from them back in 2016 I asked and got 8% discount, would they have offered it to me automatically, I doubt it. Obviously there's no discount anymore on the models I would be interested so I don't bother asking. I have never been offered any gifts or Rolex merch nor have I ever asked up until this past Sunday. I specifically asked if they had something like the travel case I pictured but apparently they are from 2018/19 so there none left to give away.

My bad. Misread your original post.

Anyway it seems like the general consensus here is that asking for freebies is a no no. I am of Far Eastern Asian descent, we haggle for everything and try to extract as much as we can from the seller. It is generally expected by the seller, that same seller or employee if he/she is working for an company would most likely do the exact same thing if they were buying something. What I see here is a cultural difference where most of you guys would find it embarrassing or just plain wrong to ask for any extras on a purchase, me, not so much although I don't do it very often here in the UK.

This particular AD I've been using for a few years, although I am by no means a big spender I have purchased a number of items from them. The first Rolex I bought from them back in 2016 I asked and got 8% discount, would they have offered it to me automatically, I doubt it. Obviously there's no discount anymore on the models I would be interested so I don't bother asking. I have never been offered any gifts or Rolex merch nor have I ever asked up until this past Sunday. I specifically asked if they had something like the travel case I pictured but apparently they are from 2018/19 so there none left to give away.
    It's quite weird because like you I haggle hard and shop around to get the best deal possible, just never at an AD. I guess at the AD I always have my next purchase or "wish list" item in my mind so try to be as hassle free as possible - particularly when getting something in demand which I could in theory sell the same day for a profit.

I do have a Rolex wallet which I was given and really like but ultimately don't use. It's boxed up in a cupboard, bit too big for my pocket. I was offered perfume instead at the same time but picked the wallet as my wife said even if she liked the perfume she'd have no way of getting it again so no point.

I have been given a few items while purchasing over the years although never asked.

The most recent was a bottle of Rolex aftershave.

... I was offered perfume instead at the same time but picked the wallet as my wife said even if she liked the perfume she'd have no way of getting it again so no point.
    Surely you missed a trick there?! The need for a regular supply of Rolex perfume obviously means the need for regular purchase of Rolex watches (albeit a slight need for short-term funding as you'd have a wait before you could flip the ones you didn't want for massive profit on the SC). I'd say a win-win, well until the bubble bursts (in the never-never).

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I have been given a few items while purchasing over the years although never asked.

The most recent was a bottle of Rolex aftershave.
    Wouldn’t you be afraid to wear that after shave as potential muggers would recognise the scent of Rolex?:-)

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Surely you missed a trick there?! The need for a regular supply of Rolex perfume obviously means the need for regular purchase of Rolex watches (albeit a slight need for short-term funding as you'd have a wait before you could flip the ones you didn't want for massive profit on the SC). I'd say a win-win, well until the bubble bursts (in the never-never).
    Ha I was going to look at an OP31 for her but the list for that is well and truly clogged. No point wasting an allocation on her!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Best freebie I have ever had was a Bremont umbrella after an event, great quality and lives in the car so the Mrs can’t whinge about getting wet.

Master
    so try to be as hassle free as possible
    All of what you said was relevant but ^^^ THIS in particular. Especially right now the way the demand is. I’m 100% convinced that being hassle free has helped people get watches and being awkward has stopped people!

Maybe this is where the sellers of watches that don’t move on SC are going wrong, people on here want a freebie on top. This could be an opportunity for those with a half used bottle of smellies, some dog turd encrusted shoes or even a stuffed beaver to add them as bonus extras when listing the next watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    some dog turd encrusted shoes

I miss those posts on SC - a distinct lack of dog turd shoes about nowadays - probably double the price on the grey market!

Will trade for some size 8 Kickers previously owned by Henk/Curtis.

Is that a huge wallet or just a close up. Looks like you could store records in it.

Close up, had to crop out the colourful socks

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    I was given a till receipt, does that count?
    Frame it !!

Journeyman

Received a handwritten card through the post a couple of days ago from the AD, a lovely gesture!

Had never had a freebie before nor asked for one but this week was invited to a meal at very nice venue with my wife by my local AD, 13 customers and partners. With the AD team, senior retail director and a Rolex director. Fantastic meal, free bar all night , really brilliant live singer and met some very nice people (lots of watch talk of course) that ended with his and hers gifts of cardholders and perfume/aftershave.

I am far from even close to their biggest spenders or even a big spender at all, in fact I am sure the lowest in the room by a long way. Invite was out of the blue and the whole event was a really nice gesture and felt very lucky to go.

Master
    Which AD was that with?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Master
    Pragnell?

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using Tapatalk

I got a bottle of Rolex aftershave a few weeks ago, doesn't smell too bad actually, will post some pics when I can.

Master
    If I was a Rolex AD and a customer actually asked for a freebie when buying a watch, I would place a Red Cross against their name and then never deal with them again..

These people are the epitome of the sort of person you don't want as a customer. No dignity and no class, total and utter peasants.

That's given me a laugh first thing. Thank you Mick.

That's given me a laugh first thing. Thank you Mick.
    Coming from a postman.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    If I was a Rolex AD and a customer actually asked for a freebie when buying a watch, I would place a Red Cross against their name and then never deal with them again..

These people are the epitome of the sort of person you don't want as a customer. No dignity and no class, total and utter peasants.
    SA ‘Boss we’ve had a fella in and he’s bought 5 two tone DJ’s and a few models we couldn’t sell gathering dust and he asked for a Rolex pen and a Rolex cap’.

AD ‘what a peasant! Can’t believe you actually allowed the serf in the store - blacklist him forever!’.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post