closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The A-13A Flyback Chronograph presale 2nd September

Craftsman

The A-13A Flyback Chronograph NOW AVAILABLE TO VIEW IN UK

Paolo Fanton is aiming to release a presale of his A-13A automatic 2nd September.
    Here is a link to Fratello watches article and the earlier worn and wound review.
    It’s important to note the two reviews do not state an important dimension- the actual case is 14.5mm with the domed crystal adding the rest. The Tutima military 750 with its flat crystal is also 14.5mm. Just to give some perspective.

https://www.a-13a.com/shop/en/

https://www.fratellowatches.com/a-13...k-chronograph/

https://wornandwound.com/first-look-...ack-functions/

how to upload a photo to a website

Last edited by David@; 28th January 2022 at 20:14.

Love the look of these, given what has gone into bringing it to market, I don’t think the price is unreasonable (though high for a startup brand). However, 16mm is still 16mm, regardless of dining and the design of the case does little to hide the 14.5mm slab sides.

I’m sure they’ll sell quickly

Master
    Lovely, but lefty. Couldn't wear it unless crown & pushers were in the conventional positions.

I love Paolo's persistence, but I have my (original) A-13A, it cost about a quarter of the mechanical version, is more elegant for being signifiantly slimmer and does just as much (it is not flyback but the quartz movement allows hour-hacking and pre-positioning of chronograph hands for countdown if you want).
    I wish he had concentrated his efforts on a version with a bezel (or even 2), or just improving the original with better lume, drilled lugs, or a PVD version, or a destro version (which is an option anyway).

It is a fantastic watch, but the original offers so much that this one suffers from inevitable comparisons.

There is a lot to like and even though pricey, I would have gone for it if available now but a six month wait is not my thing.

You could always buy the original on eBay (item number 324695727142) mind you it would be a bit hefty on the wrist.

Personally I love the quartz version but the price of the mechanical is a bit steep. Chronometer certified might of made it worthwhile.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Whats the price?

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Whats the price?
    €3k

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    Lovely, but lefty. Couldn't wear it unless crown & pushers were in the conventional positions.
    I believe it’s available either configuration. Just the lefty is standard for this watch and most definitely worth considering, I have the quartz as a lefty and wouldn’t want it any other way.

Craftsman
    Pre sale starts today 1200Z / 1300 L

Available as left or right pushers.

https://www.a-13a.com/shop/en/
    Last edited by David@; 2nd September 2021 at 08:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    However, 16mm is still 16mm, regardless of dining and the design of the case does little to hide the 14.5mm slab sides.
    Looks great from above, but the side photo looks really thick. A double big mac springs to mind.

Craftsman
    Some superb images of the A-13A automatic flyback being flight tested very recently.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David@ View Post
    Some superb images of the A-13A automatic flyback being flight tested very recently.
    On a U-2 no less. Very cool.

Craftsman

FLY BACK AUTO AVAILABLE TO VIEW AND TRY ON IN UK

I have been very fortunate today to receive prototype number2 of Paolo’s amazing auto flyback Chronograph A-13A.
    I have it on loan for a limited time in order to show it to as many interested purchaser’s as possible.

My initial impression on removing it from the box was one of utter amazement at the beauty of it, the finish and the execution are stunning.
    My wrist is 6&7/8 inches and it fits me perfectly. I was expecting it to feel on the large and heavy side after wearing the quartz for so long but I can honestly say I was blown away by how well it fits. Sure the dimensions are the dimensions but they bear no resemblance at all as to how well the watch actually fits. The weight and size of it is nothing like how I imagined it to be, it’s got a weight to it ,compared to the quartz and is taller but it’s not at all too much.

In conclusion I would urge anyone who is tempted but not sure because they haven’t been able to see and handle the actual watch to contact me to arrange a viewing.

In order to make the project a reality Paolo needs more firm orders and a deposit to show commitment.

I am based in Surrey near Guildford/Woking and would consider a meet in London if required. This project deserves to become reality and I am only too happy to do my bit to help.
    David

If it were available now, would have ordered it. Just don’t have the patience. I understand the need to have a critical mass to start production but it is a good few months away. Unfortunately. It does look like a nicely executed watch, the height notwithstanding.

It looks great
    It is a bit thick but I could live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I love Paolo's persistence, but I have my (original) A-13A, it cost about a quarter of the mechanical version, is more elegant for being signifiantly slimmer and does just as much (it is not flyback but the quartz movement allows hour-hacking and pre-positioning of chronograph hands for countdown if you want).
    I wish he had concentrated his efforts on a version with a bezel (or even 2), or just improving the original with better lume, drilled lugs, or a PVD version, or a destro version (which is an option anyway).

It is a fantastic watch, but the original offers so much that this one suffers from inevitable comparisons.
    Talking a lot of sense there - I think I agree with all of your points! Those improvements you mention would get one of these, in quartz, back in the box!

Craftsman
    The watch represents the original cockpit clock. So fiddling with it by adding a bezel etc just makes it another watch . Having a mechanical version is even closer to the clock it’s designed to represent. So no , I don’t agree with those comments ,apart from drilled lugs. Each to his own of course.
    I think someone on the fence would benefit from handling the watch and be quite surprised.