closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 67 of 67

Thread: Best Vintage Rolex Submariner Date for everyday use

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Agree with others: a basic 16800 is a sound bet.

    nothing basic about this one however...

  2. #52
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,825
    Couldn’t live with the hands & dial mis match

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Agree with others: a basic 16800 is a sound bet.
    That would do nicely :-)

    Still searching the usual sites :-)

  4. #54
    Master Yorkshiremadmick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Yorkshire man in Northumberland
    Posts
    2,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Ahh, those were the good old days. LOL
    Yep when you paid far more for a Sea Dweller which used to be the “in” watch. People selling subs to buy them.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  5. #55
    Master Plake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunny Sussex
    Posts
    3,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    Yep when you paid far more for a Sea Dweller which used to be the “in” watch. People selling subs to buy them.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I could be out of touch with prices here (probably am) but is that not still the case for the equivalent dweller?

    Mike (ditchvisitor) has/had a nice matte 16660 which I’m sure would be valued at more than a nice matte 16800. Same for a 1665 vs a 1680.

    Edit: just had a google - looks like the 16600 is currently the exception to that rule - parity or even slightly less looks about right for similar examples. What did the 16600 do to offend people lol. Great watches.

  6. #56
    Master Yorkshiremadmick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Yorkshire man in Northumberland
    Posts
    2,510

    Best Vintage Rolex Submariner Date for everyday use

    Don’t know? my 16600 2000 m.y was £4250 back in 2012 selling a bimetal Sub Blue dial for £3600, crazy times


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Yorkshiremadmick; 10th September 2021 at 14:03.

  7. #57
    Grand Master Andyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    24,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    The ultimate vintage looking daily wearer has to be the matte 16800.

    It’s as robust in real terms as a later sub, but looks…vintage. Spent a while looking for this one.


    This ^^^^^ Wearing my Matte Dialled 16800 as I type.

    Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche


  8. #58
    The search continues, but as yet nothing has got my attention.
    Though this recent addition on Chrono24 looked interesting, especially as it had received a recent service by Simon Freese.

    https://www.chrono24.co.uk/rolex/sub...id20889284.htm

    Any thoughts?

  9. #59
    Master murkeywaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Near the sea
    Posts
    5,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    Yep when you paid far more for a Sea Dweller which used to be the “in” watch. People selling subs to buy them.
    What goes around comes around, hold on for £10k watch only 16600's

  10. #60
    Master Yorkshiremadmick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Yorkshire man in Northumberland
    Posts
    2,510
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    What goes around comes around, hold on for £10k watch only 16600's
    My 16600 was a 2000 my last of the drilled lugholes a Swiss only dial.
    Paid something like 4250


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    The search continues, but as yet nothing has got my attention.
    Though this recent addition on Chrono24 looked interesting, especially as it had received a recent service by Simon Freese.

    https://www.chrono24.co.uk/rolex/sub...id20889284.htm

    Any thoughts?
    Just bumping the thread.
    To see if any of the experts had advice on this piece?
    Many thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #62
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,825
    No idea on the price as out of touch, but.. plots are are bit dirty, 11 through till 1, later 93150 bracelet and insert pip not aged so maybe luminova, but thickish font on insert looks ok. Hands look a bit mucky so have age to them.

    All a bit of a minefield, is an ok 1680 £11k these days ?

  13. #63
    Thank you for your valued input.
    Totally agree with it being a Minefield!
    So best to source one from a member on the forum or a trusted and reputable dealer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #64
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Thank you for your valued input.
    Totally agree with it being a Minefield!
    So best to source one from a member on the forum or a trusted and reputable dealer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    None of the above would be a particular problem or unusual for such an age of watch and replacement parts like bracelet/insert are not the end of the world, its the case, dial and hands that you would want to be original and in acceptable condition.

    But... as long as condition and originality is reflected in the price of a watch, then nothing too much too complain about. Totally original specimens are few are far between, given the Rolex service policy or returning to "as new condition" with latest parts, before originality became desired.

    Quite a few in circulation will have been "returned to original condition" having had service dials & hands etc installed at some point and then swapped out for period items, so who knows....

  15. #65
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,607
    Blog Entries
    3
    Think Marc J (m&j watches) has or had one for sale. Worth a check? Looked nice

  16. #66

    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Think Marc J (m&j watches) has or had one for sale. Worth a check? Looked nice

    Indeed, a beautiful 1680 that Marc has in currently.

  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetinfloor View Post
    None of the above would be a particular problem or unusual for such an age of watch and replacement parts like bracelet/insert are not the end of the world, its the case, dial and hands that you would want to be original and in acceptable condition.

    But... as long as condition and originality is reflected in the price of a watch, then nothing too much too complain about. Totally original specimens are few are far between, given the Rolex service policy or returning to "as new condition" with latest parts, before originality became desired.

    Quite a few in circulation will have been "returned to original condition" having had service dials & hands etc installed at some point and then swapped out for period items, so who knows....
    Thanks once again.
    Though not original.
    I think that even a watch which has been fitted with the correct service hands and dial for that period still looks good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Think Marc J (m&j watches) has or had one for sale. Worth a check? Looked nice
    Cheers Kash, will take a look.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Indeed, a beautiful 1680 that Marc has in currently.
    Thanks Gareth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information