closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A SOTC

Threaded View

Master

A SOTC

This is my current collection. Relatively small but the largest I’ve ever had. My plan is to keep four. There is an obvious theme but they all have a role to play. Apologies in advance for my poor photos.

The G10 is the newest edition but may be first out the door. I’ve had a few in the past but I think this is the nicest example, a 0552 from 1989. I love the idea of this watch but for some reason rarely wear one.

Next a Hamilton from 1973. Again a great example. This one is a keeper for me. Love the simplicity of the design. I’m probably wearing this the most.

Next up two CWC divers. First a Mark 1. I really like the no date dial but the watch wears bigger than the SBS. Maybe a few dings and scratches with make it less shiny and more to my liking. This will mainly be a holiday and gym watch.

And now the SBS. This was the watch that proved to me that 41mm is a wearable size for me and that I love the case design and dial. I’d prefer a non date hence why this one is for sale and I’ll probably keep the Mk 1 diver. That said I took it out if its box this morning and now I’m in two minds.

The Omega Dynamic III is my favourite overall. I love the size, I like the design queues from the ‘53 but also that it is its own thing. I have the original leather strap and I’ve worn the watch on that and on a perlon but I mainly keep it on the bracelet. It’s a bit rattly and an occasional hair puller but I like it and it is light and comfortable on wrist. I started learning to fly this summer and it was great wearing a pilot’s watch in the cockpit.

And finally my high days and holy days watch. A lovely Longines from the mid 60’s with a calibre 370 movement. It was running poorly so I had it serviced a few weeks back. It is now keeping great time and is a joy to wind. This is a definite keeper for me. I am going to change it to a black leather strap at some point.

And there you go. Not sure what is next. Probably two going. I still hanker after a Mark XII or an older Airking. I also like the notion of a quartz SMP or a Monnin cased Heuer and a chronograph might be nice. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by gerrudd; 27th August 2021 at 11:32.