closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A SOTC

Master

A SOTC

This is my current collection. Relatively small but the largest I’ve ever had. My plan is to keep four. There is an obvious theme but they all have a role to play. Apologies in advance for my poor photos.

The G10 is the newest edition but may be first out the door. I’ve had a few in the past but I think this is the nicest example, a 0552 from 1989. I love the idea of this watch but for some reason rarely wear one.

Next a Hamilton from 1973. Again a great example. This one is a keeper for me. Love the simplicity of the design. I’m probably wearing this the most.

Next up two CWC divers. First a Mark 1. I really like the no date dial but the watch wears bigger than the SBS. Maybe a few dings and scratches with make it less shiny and more to my liking. This will mainly be a holiday and gym watch.

And now the SBS. This was the watch that proved to me that 41mm is a wearable size for me and that I love the case design and dial. I’d prefer a non date hence why this one is for sale and I’ll probably keep the Mk 1 diver. That said I took it out if its box this morning and now I’m in two minds.

The Omega Dynamic III is my favourite overall. I love the size, I like the design queues from the ‘53 but also that it is its own thing. I have the original leather strap and I’ve worn the watch on that and on a perlon but I mainly keep it on the bracelet. It’s a bit rattly and an occasional hair puller but I like it and it is light and comfortable on wrist. I started learning to fly this summer and it was great wearing a pilot’s watch in the cockpit.

And finally my high days and holy days watch. A lovely Longines from the mid 60’s with a calibre 370 movement. It was running poorly so I had it serviced a few weeks back. It is now keeping great time and is a joy to wind. This is a definite keeper for me. I am going to change it to a black leather strap at some point.

And there you go. Not sure what is next. Probably two going. I still hanker after a Mark XII or an older Airking. I also like the notion of a quartz SMP or a Monnin cased Heuer and a chronograph might be nice. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by gerrudd; 27th August 2021 at 11:32.

Great collection, is be happy wearing any of those, all to my liking.

An old Air-King would indeed be a great addition, lovely little things and so discreet.

Lovely collection there with an obvious military theme.

The Omega is my favourite (and probably my favourite Omega).

That’s a very nice collection.
    You have similar (impeccable obviously) taste to me when it comes to watches.

Craftsman
    Nice collection, thanks for the write up. I’m torn between the Hamilton and longine for my top pick (v diff!).

Completely know what you mean about liking the idea but not actually wearing!

Nice collection. I think if you were to buy a much older G10 you would get more enjoyment from it. For example, a 1980 Fatboy with the old logo would look more like your 1973 Hamilton and give you a better vintage vibe. Although ‘89 is fairly old the watches from this period look too similar to the current models for my liking.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by greenandblack View Post
    Nice collection, thanks for the write up. I’m torn between the Hamilton and longine for my top pick (v diff!).
    Thank you. Very different indeed. The Longines is smaller and wears smaller but it is just a lovely thing to look at and the gold catches the light beautifully.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Nice collection. I think if you were to buy a much older G10 you would get more enjoyment from it. For example, a 1980 Fatboy with the old logo would look more like your 1973 Hamilton and give you a better vintage vibe. Although ‘89 is fairly old the watches from this period look too similar to the current models for my liking.
    It's not a bad idea. I'm also considering replacing both the divers with an 83 reissue, but let's see.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    That’s a very nice collection.
    You have similar (impeccable obviously) taste to me when it comes to watches.
    Obviously :) and thank you.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Lovely collection there with an obvious military theme.

The Omega is my favourite (and probably my favourite Omega).
    I think it's a lovely watch. I know some people dislike the Breguet numerals, the yellow accents and the date, but I think they all work. I like that the date wheel is colour and font matched, and I think the numerals add character and hark back to even older watches. I also like that they didn't put a pheon on the dial, but added an arrow to the end of the seconds hand. The lume is also fantastic, this being the later version with SL.

Very nice collection! I really like the big crown on the Omega Dynamic. Is the crystal a box type extending above the bezel?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Great collection, is be happy wearing any of those, all to my liking.

An old Air-King would indeed be a great addition, lovely little things and so discreet.
    The discreet part is especially appealing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by williemays View Post
    Very nice collection! I really like the big crown on the Omega Dynamic. Is the crystal a box type extending above the bezel?
    It is, but only a few mm. I'll take a picture.

Master

Master
    Lovey Gerry, you know I especially like the Dynamic III and can confirm my lume is a good as anything else I have. You've spurred me on to do a sotc, never done one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    You've spurred me on to do a sotc, never done one.
    I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    Thanks for the photo. That crystal is superb, and the watch as a whole has a lot of character.

Craftsman
    That Omega Dynamic looks good on that metal bracelet. Is that an Omega bracelet that came with the watch?

Lovely collection, particularly the Dynamic, which I always regret not going for when the price was more accessible.

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    A very nice collection. If you don't have to reduce them I wouldn't. A great selection. Thanks for sharing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012 View Post
    That Omega Dynamic looks good on that metal bracelet. Is that an Omega bracelet that came with the watch?
    Yes it is the original bracelet. The watch came with either a leather strap or a bracelet. I happen to have acquired both but prefer the bracelet.