closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CWC G10 - Premium Leather Strap?

Craftsman

CWC G10 - Premium Leather Strap?

I currently use a Rios 1931 clip on leather strap on my CWC G10, which is decent enough, but I also like the look of CWC's own "premium leather strap":

https://www.cwcwatch.com/collections...-leather-strap

However, I'm unsure about the quality (I've ordered leather straps in the same price bracket that have turned out to be terrible), and apparently they are a "snug fit" on a G10 case, which doesn't sound reassuring. Does anyone have any experience with these straps? Are they of decent quality, and how well do they fit the G10 case?

I have zero experience of these straps but I'm going to throw out some impressions anyway...

The stitching at the top of the straps is horrible, and those are the ones they've chosen to photograph so presumably the best of the bunch.

The black strap is pictured with the ugly side of the rivet facing outwards, that'll look horrible of the wrist. The brown strap is pictured with the ugly side of the rivet facing outwards on the long end of the strap and the smooth side of the rivet facing outwards on the buckle end, this inconsistency doesn't point towards a product made with care.

For £40, calling those premium seems a bit of a p*ss-take.

Anyway, a G10 always looks best on a ratty NATO.

I use the Rios 1931 Arizona leather straps on the G10, currently have 5 in different colours. Superb straps to use on fixed bars.

I find the watch sits quite high on the wrist when sat on two pieces of a ratty NATO, on a leather strap the watch can sink into the wrist and sits much lower. Each to their own and all that.

I did own a Silvermans Premium leather strap that was on the 1980 reissue diver. The end piece folded over the fixed bar and a screw was put in (like a nut and bolt). I think it was about £35 at the time, but was quite think. It was okay, but nothing special.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 27th August 2021 at 08:09.

Craftsman
    Thanks, I appreciate the advice.