closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bad news for the fundraiser

Bad news for the fundraiser

Important news about Virgin Money Giving

We’re writing to let you know that we have made the decision to close Virgin Money Giving (VMG). A subsidiary of Virgin Money, VMG was created 12 years ago when Virgin Money began its sponsorship of the London Marathon. This year the sponsorship comes to an end. As a result VMG will stop operating on 30 November 2021 following the race in October.

VMG was launched with the ambition to provide charities and fundraisers with a not-for-profit alternative to other fundraising websites. We’re incredibly proud to have delivered on this ambition, helping over 20,000 charities and more than a million fundraisers raise in excess of £900 million.

What does this mean for you?

The VMG website will be open until midnight on 30 November 2021 when we will stop accepting donations. From 1 December until 18 February 2022, we will keep claiming Gift Aid on all relevant donations and pay it out in the usual way. All services – including access to VMG reporting – will end on 18 February 2022.

Unfortunately, if you have fundraising/events planned beyond this date, you will need to find an alternative platform. Platform fees, site functionality and costs vary across the many other online platforms available so please give yourself time to find one that suits you.

We know your VMG page may hold messages and memories that you would like to keep. You can download a copy of your page before we close.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

BT also recently shuttered their similar fee-free service MyDonate.

I just had a quick Google and there seem to be a few new alternatives.

Perhaps if anyone has experience of them they can post here.

That's bad news,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I have used GoFundMe, JustGiving and Virgin Money Giving - of the three my favourite is GoFundMe - best website, best UI and the best mobile app.

^The links I skimmed seem to think GoFundMe is relatively cheap to use, too. I have no experience of them though.

Blog Entries
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG