closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Think I may regret this.

Master

Think I may regret this.

Having started off with a G-Shock and a 116610, over the last decade I found myself up to 10 watches, mostly all of which were worn in location. I would say that I acquire and keep hence having. in reality, too many watches.
    I would have appeared to have corrupted my son (mobile phone generation, never worn a watch) which started when I gave him my Ti Citizen Ecodrive chrono I hadn't worn for probably 10 years. This was followed by a G-Shock for his work and he sourced a Samsung smart watch to try.
    He has of late been hankering for an auto and has made complimentary noises about my Hamilton Khaki Navy Scuba, so on Sunday he walked away with it on his wrist.
    This is the first watch that I regularly wore that I have moved on, and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. In one respect I'm pleased that my lad shares an enthusiasm of mine and that he will enjoy the Hammy (it really is nicely made for the price point), on the other hand I may well miss it. I have heard of buyers remorse, but think I may be feeling a tinge of "parting" remorse.

You won’t regret it - and your son sounds like a smart lad😀

Master
    Just be glad he didn’t want your 116610.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post

Yet. ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Maybe you and he can eventually share watches, and he can swap the Hamilton back to you for a different watch in a couple of months. That way you get the H back for a while and he gets to try something else?
    Otherwise, you're a bit stuck but at least its gone to a good home

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Of course he did! But he's not getting his hands on that one until I take my final drive.
    He has been looking at Omega SMP's and the Hammy will help him to understand if an auto will work with his wear pattern for no cost. If he finds it just sits in a drawer then he may not consider dropping 4k on an auto he doesn't wear a good idea. I may have to point him towards quartz Seiko's at that point, something that has been tempting me.
    I hadn't thought of joint ownership, I'm just happy that he will enjoy it. Interestingly, one feature of the watch he particularly likes, the non-tapering bracelet, is the one thing I really don't. All my other watches have tapering bracelets, and it was a bit of an experiment in that respect really.

Master
    Well, look on the bright side - you've now got the perfect excuse to go and buy yourself a new watch!

Master
    I've had the perfect excuse to buy a new watch since January this year; my 60th birthday. Sadly we were in a lockdown and the urgency to splash out has left me. I may have a trawl round some watch shops in Dublin in a couple of weeks to see the urge is reignited (probably won't buy there because of import duty/VAT and I think they are more expensive there anyway).