closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Can someone recommend me a single watch stand?

Master
    Blog Entries

Can someone recommend me a single watch stand?

I have seen the marble and leather ones that I quite like but I've seen them range from £25 to £300. I couldn't tell the quality from the Internet photos.

I want good quality one but don't want to pay silly prices.

Anyone got experience of where they have bought one?

Also interested in other recommendations.

Cheers

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    https://shop.madgallery.ch/products/robotic-watchstand

I think these are fab ^

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MAYOKIAAR-H...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

^ I use this. Its not haute but it amuses me and is moulded so completely robust.

I've got this and I was really pleasently surprised!
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As I have 12+ watches, I don't see the point of a single watch stand. I keep most in a watch box, and those I am wearing each week I just keep lying around (discretely).

That said, I do know someone who bought one of these stands and rates them highly.
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/EstimoArt

Master

I like the watchpod above too - nice and simple

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    As I have 12+ watches, I don't see the point of a single watch stand. I keep most in a watch box, and those I am wearing each week I just keep lying around (discretely).

That said, I do know someone who bought one of these stands and rates them highly.
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/EstimoArt
    These are lovely but £33 delivery and tax is off putting

Grand Master
    I never knew these things existed till I saw this thread.

I don’t see the point of buying one. Whichever watch I’m currently wearing can sit on the bedside table overnight, or sit in my work room, I don’t see the need for a stand. The rest of my collection is stashed away safely in storage boxes in a place that a burgler would really struggle to find, so a watch stand would be no use for storage. In an ideal world I’d keep my watches in a display cabinet but that’s making life far to easy for a casual burgler so common sense stops me doing it.

If I’m missing a trick I’m happy to learn, but I really don't see any advantage in owning a watch stand!

Paul, they're very niche. Mostly I'd say for putting on your desk while working from home to avoid desk diving marks and look at your watch.

Wouldn't bother for a daily beater but would for something special. Next to the bed is asking for trouble.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Paul, they're very niche. Mostly I'd say for putting on your desk while working from home to avoid desk diving marks and look at your watch.

Wouldn't bother for a daily beater but would for something special. Next to the bed is asking for trouble.
    I was thinking exactly this. In my office and when I am typing away I can put my watch on it.

Like you said. Avoids desk diving marks if it's something special but also I don't find it all that comfortable when I am typing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    I was thinking exactly this. In my office and when I am typing away I can put my watch on it.

Like you said. Avoids desk diving marks if it's something special but also I don't find it all that comfortable when I am typing anyway.
    I have one of these to cut down on the desk diving marks but one of my friends has all his on the desk on a tea towel to stare at during calls.

These if you can find them, the one on the right i believe was the original design, the one on the left was bought from Obris Morgan watches out of Hong Kong, but i don't think they can supply anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post

These if you can find them, the one on the right i believe was the original design, the one on the left was bought from Obris Morgan watches out of Hong Kong, but i don't think they can supply anymore

Can be found in post #5 above.

Master
    Blog Entries
    These look good but not sold anymore

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quality-Sta.../dp/B07B6PLDXC

I have several CP watch holders. I haven't seen them for sale in many years but the Watchpod stand noted in a previous post looks about identical. Not fancy but very sturdy and superbly functional. I have a 55mm quartz watch on one that serves as a bedside clock. The watch shown is 42mm.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I never knew these things existed till I saw this thread.

I don’t see the point of buying one. Whichever watch I’m currently wearing can sit on the bedside table overnight, or sit in my work room, I don’t see the need for a stand. The rest of my collection is stashed away safely in storage boxes in a place that a burgler would really struggle to find, so a watch stand would be no use for storage. In an ideal world I’d keep my watches in a display cabinet but that’s making life far to easy for a casual burgler so common sense stops me doing it.

If I’m missing a trick I’m happy to learn, but I really don't see any advantage in owning a watch stand!
    You can stack books on the floor and put pictures up with blu tack but people still buy bookcases and picture frames.
    Same thing really.
    You have something, you like it, you display it or have it around you in a dedicated spot when not using.

Personally, I like having a little spaceman valet to hang my watch on if I'm not wearing it. No worries about where did I last put it down, and no worries about it being knocked off the nightstand if I'm groping for lip balm or the lamp switch in the dark etc.