closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Straps for fixed bars

Master

Straps for fixed bars

I'm sure there have been many threads on this subject but I could find a recent one. I'd like to dress my Hamilton with a leather strap. I know CWC make a version for fixed bars, including a newer, fancier version. How is the quality of either version and are there alternatives out there? Is a single pass leather strap a better option?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Steveo straps are worth a look.

The Rios 1931 Arizona clip on straps are superb and are real easy to pop on and off.

I’ve got 5 of them now and a great change from a NATO. Makes the watch head sink into wrist and sit much lower than sitting on top of two pieces of a NATO.

If you google clip on watch straps for fixed bars there are other alternatives.

Master
    Thanks chaps. The Rios is what I was thinking of.

I had one on my Hamilton 6b
    It was a nice strap, well made and smartened it up a bit.

Master
    The strap arrived today and I like it. However I ordered the wrong length and am in the process of having it swapped. I'll post a few pictures when the replacement arrives.

Master
    Unfortunately I wasn’t able to find a Rios that fit both my watch and my narrow wrist. I then bough the 83 reissue from this forum and it came with a Morellato strap for fixed bars. The leather is great and the fit is perfect for me. I know having a diver with a leather strap is not the done thing but it looks lovely to my eyes. I may swap it ove rto teh Hamilton at some point but I'm enjoying it as is, for now.

As an alternative I've ordered a single pass leather strap from Steveo straps for the W10.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    Unfortunately I wasn’t able to find a Rios that fit both my watch and my narrow wrist. I then bough the 83 reissue from this forum and it came with a Morellato strap for fixed bars. The leather is great and the fit is perfect for me. I know having a diver with a leather strap is not the done thing but it looks lovely to my eyes. I may swap it ove rto teh Hamilton at some point but I'm enjoying it as is, for now.

As an alternative I've ordered a single pass leather strap from Steveo straps for the W10.
    If you’re not doing watersports, I can see no negatives to the leather: I think that looks great!

Master
    The single pass leather strap arrived from Steveo. I really like it.

I have a RECORD WWW bought from Austin Kaye years ago and fitted with an Austin Kaye embossed leather strap, which has leather covered steel 'spring clips' built into the strap ends

... the leather covered spring clips hook and slide onto the fixed bars ... when the strap is pulled the case bar slides into spring clip ... whence the case bar 'pops' into the grooved end of the clip ...securing the strap.

A simple design but I have not been able to find anything similar on sale. When on the wrist the strap cannot be slipped off the watch.

dunk
    Last edited by sundial; 10th October 2021 at 18:14.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    I have a RECORD WWW bought from Austin Kaye years ago and fitted with an Austin Kaye embossed leather strap, which has leather covered steel 'spring clips' built into the strap ends

... the leather covered spring clips hook and slide onto the fixed bars ... when the strap is pulled the case bar slides into spring clip ... whence the case bar 'pops' into the grooved end of the clip ...securing the strap.

A simple design but I have not been able to find anything similar on sale. When on the wrist the strap cannot be slipped off the watch.

dunk
    I had the exact same type of strap (in brown) on my Hamilton 6b also bought from AK years ago
    Eventually the strap gave up and I have never been able to find another version.
    It was a lovely soft strap and the brown was a lovely deep brown.