closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Energy supplier renewal time.

Energy supplier renewal time.

Looking for inspiration on the best dual fuel suppliers.

I'm with EDF for electricity at present and British Gas for the obvious.

I appreciate the costs are to rise across the board this year so looking for a good dual fuel supplier.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Brian...... aka BRGRSP.

Master
    https://clubs.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub

Then take your pick. But take this into consideration https://www.theguardian.com/business...as-prices-rise I can vouch for being with Yorkshire Energy was a pita when they went bust due to being moved to Scottish Power who were fecking useless at moving through the process. Not that you lose energy at all just you can be stuck on a tariff you don't want whilst it gets sorted out.

No doubt some on here will have sign up codes for Octopus and Bulb that you can use if you want.

Master
    I buy on price primarily and keep tabs on my KWH usage so I can get the best deal for my use pattern. Obviously greater the usage, the more significant the unit price is v daily charge.

I do now pay some attention to customer service reviews after a very bad experience with Utility Point.

Quote Originally Posted by BRGRSP View Post
    Looking for inspiration on the best dual fuel suppliers.

I'm with EDF for electricity at present and British Gas for the obvious.

I appreciate the costs are to rise across the board this year so looking for a good dual fuel supplier.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Brian...... aka BRGRSP.

Blog Entries
    I monitor all the time have a fixed tariff with a no get out fee currently withOctopus who have been ok and if anybody wants it a link if you sign up.

share.octopus.energy/shy-gale-437
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    I’m lazy and use

https://lookaftermybills.com/?source...ral=CRAIG95049

Might not always be the cheapest but when I do check it is never far off and so much easier as everything is done for you. (There is some sort of referral fee if anyone uses that link)

Currently with Green energy, previously Peoples Energy

Just call your supplier tomorrow

Ask them what your last 12,months usage I kWh has been

Pop into money supermarket

Pop your details into the energy comparison tool in kWh
    Press ente

Boom - you’ll see all the deals and how much it not you’ll be better off

THEN

Pop onto Quidco and see if any of the firms that are competitive are offering a nice cashback bribe for signing up

Job done

Everybody has different usage patterns so pointless recommending g different firms as nobody uses the same energy amounts

Customer service varies
    I’m with Scottish power and it’s fab
    If they are any good in the comparisons I can refer you and we share £200 in bill credit - loads of other people will be along offering their advice

Also try snd get a one year or two year fix
    Be wary of leaving fees (norm only £60 per fuel) but if your a twitchy switcher (I’m not) it’s costly

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OVO have just suggested a renewal plan but prices quoted are way OTT compared to existing contract ... so I will be doing several comparison checks via various online energy co. comparators ... they always come up with a better deal(s) ... BUT .. OVO likely offer better deals to new customers ie better deals than they offer for renewals to existing customers. It's a merry go round.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Also try snd get a one year or two year fix
    Be wary of leaving fees (norm only £60 per fuel) but if your a twitchy switcher (I’m not) it’s costly
    I think you can switch out of a fixed deal something like 50 days before it expires.

Referral Link

share.octopus.energy/nice-wind-544

My Dad is with Octopus and i've just jumped ship to them. But do a comparison and see if its right for you / anyone else on here.

Journeyman

Switchcraft

Hi

I use Switchcraft and let them just get on with it - monitoring, changing over as the deals run-out, kept informed as progresses.
    With Switchcraft for several years with a substantial saving over B-Gas (Gaz & Lecky).

Minor hiccup this year as a supplier wnet under and B-Gas took over temporarily before new supplier.

L-K

We moved from Bulb to People's Energy and saved.

Master
    I want to change, only joined BG recently. Happy with the tariff but they have installed a smart meter as part of it.

Not against the idea & like the convenience.

Fitter said ‘gas might take 30 mins to register’, clearly a lie after googling this after 24hrs and no appearance.

A whopping 4 days from install and the meter can no longer connect to the electricity now despite sitting the other side of the external part of the smart meter.

Shart meter more like it.

BG customer services are awful.

Master
    Blog Entries

Energy supplier renewal time.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    https://clubs.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub

Then take your pick. But take this into consideration https://www.theguardian.com/business...as-prices-rise I can vouch for being with Yorkshire Energy was a pita when they went bust due to being moved to Scottish Power who were fecking useless at moving through the process. Not that you lose energy at all just you can be stuck on a tariff you don't want whilst it gets sorted out.

No doubt some on here will have sign up codes for Octopus and Bulb that you can use if you want.
    I have an octopus code if you want one, I find the customer service excellent. Scottish Power were also decent.
    Last edited by Middo; 28th August 2021 at 16:17.

I've tried Uswitch but they tell me "there are no plans available through Uswitch" !

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    I've tried Uswitch but they tell me "there are no plans available through Uswitch" !
    Do you not watch the news? There are no deals due to the current energy prices. Those sites will have no energy company paying them to transfer customers. Any fixed deal will be well above the energy cap so you may as well be on a variable tariff as the cap is below the actual cost of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Do you not watch the news? There are no deals due to the current energy prices. Those sites will have no energy company paying them to transfer customers. Any fixed deal will be well above the energy cap so you may as well be on a variable tariff as the cap is below the actual cost of energy.
    #

No, I've been away on My G.S. round Europe for a month. Only just got back.

Craftsman
    Martin Lewis on the radio the other day said there are 2 choices if you're on a variable; a) fix it at c.10% above the cap and hope that when the cap lifts in April that variable prices exceed what you fixed at or b) stay on the variable and hope that prices go down so in April they don't exceed what you could have fixed at now. I'm in the same boat at the moment.