closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Not a discount, a gesture ..

Master

Not a discount, a gesture ..

So I asked the AD for a discount on an Omega on the basis several website offer 10-15% automatically and was advised we don’t discount, but we may offer a gesture.

So now we have wish lists and gestures ..

What’s the best gesture on a Speedy racer I can get ?

What ‘gesture’ did the AD offer?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinaldo1711 View Post
    What ‘gesture’ did the AD offer?
    A gesture of between 10% and 15% no doubt…

Master
    None yet as I don’t want to go much further without being certain on the model. If they say yes 10% I would feel I have to buy so want to be certain.

I’m thinking the 44mm speedy racer auto.

I guess they mean they'll give a gesture of a middle finger to those requesting discounts

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    None yet as I don’t want to go much further without being certain on the model. If they say yes 10% I would feel I have to buy so want to be certain.

I’m thinking the 44mm speedy racer auto.
    The AD I use will give me 15% off most Omegas, but only 10% off the new 3861 Speedmaster. The racing models are not huge sellers so a discount shouldn’t be difficult, walk away if they won’t play ball. Someone on here will help I’m sure, me included if necessary.

Reminds me of a visit to a Breitling boutique a couple of years ago. The very attractive assistant manager, skirt way too short and shirt way too unbuttoned, refused a discount but winked and said there were many things she could do to make it worth my while. No deal as I had my daughter with me but I really must go back one day!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    Reminds me of a visit to a Breitling boutique a couple of years ago. The very attractive assistant manager, skirt way too short and shirt way too unbuttoned, refused a discount but winked and said there were many things she could do to make it worth my while. No deal as I had my daughter with me but I really must go back one day!
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

First service free, a pen and a watch roll.

Arrow

I think this is the gesture they’re offering.

The very attractive assistant manager, skirt way too short and shirt way too unbuttoned,
    Is that even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Is that even possible?
    Breitling.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    The AD I use will give me 15% off most Omegas, but only 10% off the new 3861 Speedmaster. The racing models are not huge sellers so a discount shouldn’t be difficult, walk away if they won’t play ball. Someone on here will help I’m sure, me included if necessary.
    Phil,

Thank you. I think I could get the 10-15% at several places, especially online, but I’ve been trying to put purchases through the same AD to keep the sales history in a limited number of places.

Surprised the racing speedy isn’t a big seller, is it the relative price against the speedy ? I have chunky wrists and think the speedy may be a little small.

It'll be a strap. They love using a strap as the gesture because cost price to them is probably £20 yet it looks like you are getting £200.

I get online discount codes through for Ernest Jones, every time I try and use them against a Moonwatch they don’t work.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by RogDen View Post
    I get online discount codes through for Ernest Jones, every time I try and use them against a Moonwatch they don’t work.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yes, very occasionally one slips through (I've previously seen an extra 10% off sale code work which otherwise shouldn't have...which was corrected within a day or so). Most luxury watches are excluded from codes including blue light/NHS/armed forces discounts.

Our Rolex and Omega AD has just given my wife and I a great gesture. We have first class rail travel to London (from Cheshire), a trip to the Royal Geographical Society to view the Everest expedition memorabilia, evening meal at Rolex St James, night in a 5* hotel, and an open return ticket the following day so we can spend some time in London doing what we want to do.

That's customer service and a gesture worth having! It is also why I don't try and haggle on the price of new watches with them too much.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Our Rolex and Omega AD has just given my wife and I a great gesture. We have first class rail travel to London (from Cheshire), a trip to the Royal Geographical Society to view the Everest expedition memorabilia, evening meal at Rolex St James, night in a 5* hotel, and an open return ticket the following day so we can spend some time in London doing what we want to do.

That's customer service and a gesture worth having! It is also why I don't try and haggle on the price of new watches with them too much.
    not bad at all, how much do you think you've spent with them over the years to warrant that treatment?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post

Blimey and I thought asking them to price match online was bold. Well done.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vortex89 View Post
    not bad at all, how much do you think you've spent with them over the years to warrant that treatment?
    I had a nice meal at St. James with a pick up and drop off from my house for the princely sum of an SDc.
    Was a nice day, in reality probably cost the AD about £100. Did the job though as I don’t go elsewhere for Rolex.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Free glass of bubbly lol?

Master
    Goldsmiths told me just a few weeks ago they would/could discount a Tudor further if I was NHS/armed services etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    . Most luxury watches are excluded from codes including blue light/NHS/armed forces discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    Goldsmiths told me just a few weeks ago they would/could discount a Tudor further if I was NHS/armed services etc.
    Was that for any model. I got an flat denial on a BB58 a couple of months ago...no chance. Seems very hit-and-miss. I've also had a refusal at Ernest Jones when I was looking for a discount off a Speedy. The assistant said she could not discount Omega unless it was a company wide sale on a model. Trouble with all of this is that it's so hard working out if the sales assistants are telling the truth or not!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Was that for any model. I got an flat denial on a BB58 a couple of months ago...no chance. Seems very hit-and-miss. I've also had a refusal at Ernest Jones when I was looking for a discount off a Speedy. The assistant said she could not discount Omega unless it was a company wide sale on a model. Trouble with all of this is that it's so hard working out if the sales assistants are telling the truth or not!
    Maybe you should have asked for a gesture :)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex89 View Post
    Too much!