closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RSC - not what it used to be

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    The 32 calibre has had major teething problems with lots of warranty repairs. We do 2 or 3 every week basically. Once fixed they usually run well but still has a long runway before proving itself like 3135 has.
    Thanks 744ER. Do you know what the problem and therefore fix typically is?

Quote Originally Posted by JNH View Post
    I'm not sure if it's even worth trying to keep a 16710 completely original but I'll take the watch back and consider my options for now.
    What makes you say this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an FYI, dropped off a watch beginning of August, accepted their quote on the 11th, and estimated completion as of today is 29th October, a good 10 weeks - guess they are busy now. On the flip side I get to really bond with my Grand Seiko :)

Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    This type of thread (and not just on watch fora) tend to attract mainly the negative reactions as they are the people that have had negative experiences, whereas for the vast majority, it is a positive experience. That's my experience anyway!
    Sure.
    Sent my stainless steel Daytona in for a service. They sent back a serviced Platona with baguette markers.

But for real why do they need a watch for 3 months. Can they really not book a slot and you bring it in when there is availability? Doesnít need to be perfect just in time, +/- 1 week should be a very easy logistic challenge to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post
    But for real why do they need a watch for 3 months. Can they really not book a slot and you bring it in when there is availability? Doesnít need to be perfect just in time, +/- 1 week should be a very easy logistic challenge to solve.
    This is true.
    I mean realistically how long is the watch actually stripped and on the bench?
    Surely the movement service doesnít take long?
    I know that they were previously not able to service sports models in London as the lapping machines were in Kent and they used to send an unmarked van between the two sites to transport the watches.

Not sure if that is still the case, Iím talking around 10 years ago when the average watch was probably sub £3k lol.

As an FYI, dropped off a watch beginning of August, accepted their quote on the 11th, and estimated completion as of today is 29th October, a good 10 weeks - guess they are busy now. On the flip side I get to really bond with my Grand Seiko :)
    My daughter dropped her DJ at the local AD, around the same time and has been quoted a similar duration.

Good idea but there should be a facility to pay extra for priority servicing.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTMaster View Post
    This is true.
    I mean realistically how long is the watch actually stripped and on the bench?
    Surely the movement service doesnít take long?
    I know that they were previously not able to service sports models in London as the lapping machines were in Kent and they used to send an unmarked van between the two sites to transport the watches.

Not sure if that is still the case, Iím talking around 10 years ago when the average watch was probably sub £3k lol.

There has to be lashings of BS sloshing around to convince someone their mass produced £8k + steel watch takes weeks of tinkering by elves to get its little heart beating properly. Somehow poor customer service adds to the whole mystique. Youíve got to hand it to them really, what a business!!

Craftsman
    If they were to do that they'd need to take a non-refundable deposit upon booking, otherwise they're just giving you three months to look into alternatives and the last thing they'd want is to be contacting customers and being met with silence.