closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of the Caribbean yellow/blue and black dial

All yellow here

Black on the way to North Devon hopefully order confirmed email received about a minute after order placed.It will accompany My PRS-25 40MM all original as My Time Factors watch.

Apprentice
    Got a yellow one coming, couldn't decide between orange and yellow, so bit of impulse on which page refreshed first although I think the yellow bezel contrasts better with the markings. Did like the yellow with blue bezel but fancied more colour.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    ...it took ages for the 'Add to cart' to appear,
    Same here - I was about to give up, thinking I'd got the date wrong - but it appeared at 14:02 & I managed to nip in

z

Had a Yellow blue in my shopping cart and when I wanted to proceed to paying, it was gone again - then went back and bought the all-yellow one.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Apprentice
    Looks like only black and orange left, rest are showing sold out.

Shop is now completely shut. All gone in a few minutes!

Today was my birthday and I had been looking forward to buying a yellow/blue or all blue.
    the site did not open for me until nearly 2:03 by which time I got precisely NOTHING.

I stopped buying Rolex some time ago because of the greedy and silly games they were playing so it looks like a GS for me.

Well done to everyone who got one. I was very tempted but thought I’d like to see some owners pictures first.

T.G.

Master
    I thought I would be going for a yellow/blue, but the final version was a bit lemony for me in the photos (not the nice golden pogue I was hoping for). The orange looks a lovely tangerine, so let’s see.

Very interested to see some wrist shots.

Assuming 100 of each colour (less? 50? 20?) and seeing the Everest and Expedition also selling out, that’s a lot of orders to ship...

Received a confirmation for an all yellow. This is probably my 12th Timefactors watch purchase, but the last time before this was the first batch of 36m Everest. I’m looking forward to seeing the PRS-55 in the flesh. Eddies pictures are excellent, but the watches always seem to look 5X better when you open the box.

Blog Entries
    That was interesting. How many of each variation were there?

And how long until re-supply?

I liked the yellow and orange, but not prepared to play stupid games on a Sunday, so another brand can have my money.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    That was interesting. How many of each variation were there?
    A reliable source informs me that there were 60 of each variation.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I liked the yellow and orange, but not prepared to play stupid games on a Sunday, so another brand can have my money.
    Thanks for sharing...
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I bought from my phone standing in M&S…

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    A reliable source informs me that there were 60 of each variation.
    Thank you. They moved VERY quickly in that case.

I was there beforehand and still wasn't to check out in time for a Yellow/Blue (was able to add it to basket but it was gone when I tried to check out). I clearly need (a) an ISP with direct peering with Shopify's UK hosting next time, and (b) to try to bypass any ISP cacheing going on.

Don’t worry, there’s bound to be a few pop up on SC soon.

It’s a lovely watch but quite tall so I can see a few people not bonding with it. I’m aiming to pick up a black one at some point because I’m a boring ****!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Don’t worry, there’s bound to be a few pop up on SC soon.

It’s a lovely watch but quite tall so I can see a few people not bonding with it. I’m aiming to pick up a black one at some point because I’m a boring ****!
    Ah yeah hoping to see how tall it looks/feels once people get theirs! Congrats!
    Darn, I wish Eddie had some magical elves to help him keep up with the demand.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I happened to be sat around doing nothing at 2pm so opened up TF…there wasn’t an Add To Cart button for me on the all yellow version until about 1402…once it appeared I went straight through the checkout and received an order confirmation immediately.

Well done to Eddie for making a 40mm watch that sells just as fast as the 36mm Everest!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    I happened to be sat around doing nothing at 2pm so opened up TF…there wasn’t an Add To Cart button for me on the all yellow version until about 1402…once it appeared I went straight through the checkout and received an order confirmation immediately.
    It was 14:03 when I got the "add to cart", managed to get everything processed and was going click proceed when "out of stock" popped up, some things are not meant to be.

Craftsman
    Same here, attempted to snag a Everest black dial @ 14.00pm but didn't even see the Add to Cart button on the shop page so couldn't add the item and then.....sold out.

I was out and about (last min and not by choice) so was logged in on my phone so not sure whether that was the problem but hey ho, maybe next time.

@ Eddie, any time frame on when the next batch of black dial PRS-25 Everests will be in the pipeline at all ?

Thank you. They moved VERY quickly in that case.
    That's not to say that they were all sold, only one person can answer that question. I think that ordering closes automatically when a certain number across the entire TF range have been processed, so that Eddie isn't overloaded with packing and shipping.

That's not to say that they were all sold, only one person can answer that question. I think that ordering closes automatically when a certain number across the entire TF range have been processed, so that Eddie isn't overloaded with packing and shipping.
    That's as I understand it as well.

All week I pondered whether to go in for a 36mm Everest but decided yesterday morning I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle. So I went to Town and bought a lovely 38mm Hamilton from an AD and was wearing it five minutes later.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    That's as I understand it as well.
    That is my understanding too but I infer that the Shopify stock management software would not show a particular model/variation as out of stock if it had not in fact sold out. I.e. Stopping selling at a particular number of items sold is a different thing to being out of stock or not.

As a comparison point, other variations of the Caribbean are still shown as in stock (Black and Orange models) as are other Timefactors watch models, so clearly the software can stop selling when a certain point is reached whilst also being accurate on whether or not a particular model or model variation is still in stock.

In short, it seems probable that the blue, yellow and yellow/blue variations of the Caribbean really are out of stock as the software reports whilst there are at least some of the black and orange variations still in stock.

So when it says "Out of Stock" on a particular model or variation then that is almost certainly sadly the case.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 29th August 2021 at 20:12.

#76 if instant gratification is important - well done

Pictures of the Caribbean yellow/blue and black dial

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    #76 if instant gratification is important - well done
    It hardly matters, it’ll be on SC next week anyway!

I was out but tried to get on at 2, but the page wouldn't refresh, so I soon gave up.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Planet Ocean View Post
    Same here, attempted to snag a Everest black dial @ 14.00pm but didn't even see the Add to Cart button on the shop page so couldn't add the item and then.....sold out.

I was out and about (last min and not by choice) so was logged in on my phone so not sure whether that was the problem but hey ho, maybe next time.

@ Eddie, any time frame on when the next batch of black dial PRS-25 Everests will be in the pipeline at all ?
    I read elsewhere that Eddie said the next black dial Everest batch after this release should be November, provided they all sold out this time round. If not then the rest will be released with the next store opening.

That is my understanding too but I infer that the Shopify stock management software would not show a particular model/variation as out of stock if it had not in fact sold out.
    Makes sense, I haven't looked at the Timefactors site. Some black and orange probably still available next time the shop opens.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    I read elsewhere that Eddie said the next black dial Everest batch after this release should be November, provided they all sold out this time round. If not then the rest will be released with the next store opening.
    Oh ok, the same thing happened with the black dial Everest when the store opened last time on the 16th August (I couldn't get one then as i was in mid-flight back to the UK), the watch showed as Sold Out but then was showing as available for the store opening yesterday and then, sold out again.

Makes be wonder if the black dial stock has genually sold out or whether this just appears against the model on the website once the 200 orders have been fulfilled on the day, if that makes sense.

I would be nice if this was the case, then i could have another crack at securing one the next time the store opens...

Oh ok, the same thing happened with the black dial Everest when the store opened last time on the 16th August (I couldn't get one then as i was in mid-flight back to the UK), the watch showed as Sold Out but then was showing as available for the store opening yesterday and then, sold out again.

Makes be wonder if the black dial stock has genually sold out or whether this just appears against the model on the website once the 200 orders have been fulfilled on the day, if that makes sense.

I would be nice if this was the case, then i could have another crack at securing one the next time the store opens...
    I know what you mean with the last time and with them showing them as sold out and then they are available in the next shop opening. Maybe they are in that moment all allocated for and listed as sold out but then once Eddie has had a chance to go through the orders, cancel any that are maybe not legitimate or where two have been ordered etc, maybe then they get cancelled and that’s the reason for them being available again.

Just guessing though.

Or it’s what you said and once 200 orders are made they show up as sold out even if they aren’t.

Do you still have one of the other Everest models in the collection and looking to get this due to the upgraded Everest text in white? Or are no longer in possession of one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    I know what you mean with the last time and with them showing them as sold out and then they are available in the next shop opening. Maybe they are in that moment all allocated for and listed as sold out but then once Eddie has had a chance to go through the orders, cancel any that are maybe not legitimate or where two have been ordered etc, maybe then they get cancelled and that’s the reason for them being available again.

Just guessing though.

Or it’s what you said and once 200 orders are made they show up as sold out even if they aren’t.

Do you still have one of the other Everest models in the collection and looking to get this due to the upgraded Everest text in white? Or are no longer in possession of one?

I already have the previous model with the new Smiths De Luxe logo but always thought that the dial would look better with the Everest text in white, which is now the standard model......so when this was released recently I decided to attempt to pick one up.

Personally, I think if Eddie can just amend the crown a little on the Everest model, more inkeeping with the 1016 model instead of the current Hamiliton field watch style, then the watch would be perfect in my eyes.

Maybe I will have better luck next time the store opens (if there is still stock of the black dial) or when the next batch come in.

Personally, I think if Eddie can just amend the crown a little on the Everest model, more inkeeping with the 1016 model instead of the current Hamiliton field watch style, then the watch would be perfect in my eyes.

This is unlikely to happen. I brought up the subject (of the crown) at the very beginning and was told by the forum to accept it as it is, so I did. The same went for the counterbalance on the seconds hand, so I got an Expedition instead.
    Last edited by abraxas; 30th August 2021 at 14:43.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    This is unlikely to happen. I brought the subject up at the very beginning and was told by the forum to accept it as it is, so I did. The same went for the counterbalance on the seconds hand, so I got an Expedition instead.
    I guess it’s the point at which the watch changes from being a nod to another design, and a blatant copy?

T.G.
    Last edited by TheGent; 31st August 2021 at 08:03.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    I bought from my phone standing in M&S…
    I attempted the same thing trying to snag a black dial Everest, logged in to the website on time, watch ready to go, however no Add to Cart button appeared for me, even after refreshing the page numerous times and....Sold Out appears.

Guess you must have been lucky using your phone, it's a bit of a bummer as I was all set to do this from home but had to pop out unfortunately.....oh well, better luck next time on the next batch.

Enjoy your new watch....

Master
    Great to see the demand, well done to those who purchased and I could well be tempted by one that comes onto SC in due course (yellow and blue especially).

Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Bodie and Doyle - well past my bedtime, but I found ways.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

It looks great on tropic rubber.

My Caribbean and is safely arrived in Paris, after having paid 112 EUR of importation tax !

https://photos.app.goo.gl/e8dhzASYQXJPHg266

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by oca9i; 2nd September 2021 at 11:11. Reason: Added pic

Quote Originally Posted by oca9i View Post
    My Caribbean and is safely arrived in Paris, after having paid 112 EUR of importation tax !

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Looking forward to pics and also of your new prs-25. Would like to see more of the new text

Master
    Mine arrived today, just a few quick pics before it goes away until October as its a birthday present for me.
    It's a really nice watch and love the colour combination.
    Apologies for the poor quality photos!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jim71 View Post
    Mine arrived today, just a few quick pics before it goes away until October as its a birthday present for me.
    It's a really nice watch and love the colour combination.
    Apologies for the poor quality photos!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Wow, the yellow dial is super striking and with the blue bezel, the watch looks amazing......good luck hiding it away until October mate

I'll take care of it until October for you ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim71 View Post
    .... before it goes away until October as its a birthday present for me.

Craftsman
    Wow, a loverly colour combination. The yellow reflects really well so you can hardly make out the deep rehault. Congratulations.

Master
    Eddie, out of interest how many of each colour sold.

Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    Eddie, out of interest how many of each colour sold.
    20 each of blue, yellow and yellow/blue, 15 black and 13 orange.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".