closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 37 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,850 of 4936

Thread: Electric cars-got to be a viable option now?

Quote Originally Posted by stuie-t View Post
    Ours is done via Zenith.
    I'm with Zenith and the Polestar 3 is coming out at just under £1300 a month for me net at 40%. This is based on 3y at 10k miles for me and my wife. In general my car insurance is very cheap. Have never been able to find an ok deal on Zenith.
    Any tips?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalVilla View Post
    I'm with Zenith and the Polestar 3 is coming out at just under £1300 a month for me net at 40%. This is based on 3y at 10k miles for me and my wife. In general my car insurance is very cheap. Have never been able to find an ok deal on Zenith.
    Any tips?
    We have a company-specific portal powered by Zenith that we use rather than the Zenith website directly, so perhaps they are offering us better deals due to the volume. I found the prices can fluctuate significantly week to week though, when I first looked a month or so ago it was quite a bit more expensive but that figure is insane - significantly more than my gross figure!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

We have a special portal too but the prices never seem to good. Maybe I need to play around more with the different variables

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalVilla View Post
    Maybe I need to play around more with the different variables
    Try dividing the P11D by the net monthly cost. The higher the number, the better the value.

For example the Volvo C40 I have ordered has a P11D of £48k and net monthly cost of £351.

So, ratio is 138.

I could have got at £30k MG4 trophy for a cheaper £300 pcm net. Ratio is 100, so not as good as the Volvo.

Does anyone know whether you can do salary sacrifice as a partner in a LLP? So not receiving a salary as such but rather drawings and profit distributions? How do you arrange it?

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Try dividing the P11D by the net monthly cost. The higher the number, the better the value.

For example the Volvo C40 I have ordered has a P11D of £48k and net monthly cost of £351.

So, ratio is 138.

I could have got at £30k MG4 trophy for a cheaper £300 pcm net. Ratio is 100, so not as good as the Volvo.
    Knowing how much better your values are than mine has resulted in me not pursuing one anymore, through salary sacrifice. I hate paying over the odds!

Using your ratio calculations:
    MG is 83
    ID4 is 91
    Model 3 is 93

I think I’m going to bite the bullet and buy a used I Pace

Snow overnight and the car was already plugged in anyway so I hit defrost in the app just to see if it worked.

Everything melted off and in theory it's ready to drive and still at 100%. Incredible.

It's very heavy and rear wheel drive so I won't be going anywhere but nice to have it totally defrost in minutes!

C40 is 4WD drive but the XC90 with all season tyres seems like the smarter choice today.

Master

Went for a fairly wet walk in Hampstead today. Roads down to the Heath had lots of metal disks flush to the pavement with green lights in them. This is the reason. Pretty neat solution. Though I guess you have to be an affluent area

See https://www.designweek.co.uk/issues/...arging-points/
    Last edited by reecie; 18th December 2022 at 23:27.

Those look very clever - sadly I can’t imagine it will be long before they’re vandalised/cables are stolen/filler flaps are snapped off by the local youth. All part of the rich tapestry of life in London. They don’t mention that in Design Week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Those look very clever - sadly I can’t imagine it will be long before they’re vandalised/cables are stolen/filler flaps are snapped off by the local youth. All part of the rich tapestry of life in London. They don’t mention that in Design Week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hopefully they would come with their own anti-theft device and the youf in question would get a a few amps up his jacksy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Snow overnight and the car was already plugged in anyway so I hit defrost in the app just to see if it worked.

Everything melted off and in theory it's ready to drive and still at 100%. Incredible.

It's very heavy and rear wheel drive so I won't be going anywhere but nice to have it totally defrost in minutes!
    Haven’t really had any snow here but some pretty epic frosts. We have our car programmed to defrost/warm up at a certain time each morning and it’s a brilliant feature. It doesn’t appear to use much power from the batteries either. I don’t even put a coat on tbh

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Haven’t really had any snow here but some pretty epic frosts. We have our car programmed to defrost/warm up at a certain time each morning and it’s a brilliant feature. It doesn’t appear to use much power from the batteries either. I don’t even put a coat on tbh
    Yes we do the same, have it set to 8am and always see a pop up about 745am to say it is ready - so kids drop off is warm. One of the best features on it IMO.

On another note, seen the holiday update has come through. Few cosmetic changes, but nothing major this time?

Morning all,
    I've been following this thread with some interest as the company I now work for have a salary sacrifice scheme through Zenith and I'm also contemplating an electric car.

Looking on the portal one that looks OK to me is a Polestar 2 with Plus and Pilot Lite packs, long range, single motor for around £485/month based on 3 years and 10k/year.
    Need to input my specific details to get a firm quote but it looks like I'll have to wait until after Xmas for that.
    Also, 22 week lead in is quoted as average, but I'm in no rush.

Doing the calculation of P11D/monthly gives a value of 108.

Is that reasonable...?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post

Is that reasonable...?

Thanks.
    I use the ratio to compare cars and determine which is the best value from a bunch of offerings.

Only you can decide if £5,820 per year is worthwhile for a £50k+ EV.

Craftsman
    Saw a Citroen Ami (EV revised 2CV) in the High St the other day. Looks cool. Will do me well for local trips to shops etc.
    And Only £6k
    https://scooterselectriques.fr/i/df/...ae52c5f2b8.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by eddie1 View Post
    Saw a Citroen Ami (EV revised 2CV) in the High St the other day. Looks cool. Will do me well for local trips to shops etc.
    And Only £6k
    Weird little things but more cyclecar than 2CV. Restricted to 30mph so fourteen year olds can drive them in France. They’re ok for city use but a Renault Twizy would be better.

And Only £6k
    I was going to get one to get a small car agreement to get a bigger dropped kerb but the council stopped those agreements 6 months ago.

Would have been a cool second car.

And Only £6k
    It’s not even a car (technically). Absolutely panned in reviews. I think that Fifth Gear managed to nearly roll one over.

Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    Morning all,
    I've been following this thread with some interest as the company I now work for have a salary sacrifice scheme through Zenith and I'm also contemplating an electric car.

Looking on the portal one that looks OK to me is a Polestar 2 with Plus and Pilot Lite packs, long range, single motor for around £485/month based on 3 years and 10k/year.
    Need to input my specific details to get a firm quote but it looks like I'll have to wait until after Xmas for that.
    Also, 22 week lead in is quoted as average, but I'm in no rush.

Is that reasonable...?

Thanks.
    May not be relevant for you but in recent snowy weather I was quite glad I went for the dual motor (4WD) option.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Craftsman

So, ratio is 138.

Ive ordered an EQA 250+ AMG Line and the ratio is roughly 160.

Not bad.

Has there been any talk on the taxing of EV’s post 2025? Even if they double it..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinese_Alan View Post
    Ive ordered an EQA 250+ AMG Line and the ratio is roughly 160.

Not bad.

Has there been any talk on the taxing of EV’s post 2025? Even if they double it..
    Glad you got a good deal on the EQA.

Was looking at the EQC recently. Can’t believe how high the list prices are. Absolute nuts. As a cash buyer would make no sense but of course for a company car maybe it does.

I did look used too but I guess due to high new prices and supply delays they just don’t make sense as a non company lease buyer as the prices are ridiculous for one with all the options.

There is a new EQS SUV arriving. Again unreal pricing.

Think the next car is going to have to be ICE this time.

From 2025, all EVs registered after the last RFL change (2017 IIRC), will be charged the same as ICE for RFL.

Those registered before the change will go up to band B (£20 or thereabouts) and the £0 rated band A will be abolished.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Glad you got a good deal on the EQA.

Was looking at the EQC recently. Can’t believe how high the list prices are. Absolute nuts. As a cash buyer would make no sense but of course for a company car maybe it does.

I did look used too but I guess due to high new prices and supply delays they just don’t make sense as a non company lease buyer as the prices are ridiculous for one with all the options.

There is a new EQS SUV arriving. Again unreal pricing.

Think the next car is going to have to be ICE this time.
    I work with a few people with EQC’s, they’re lovely motors. Always high spec ones too and they look much (much) better as you go up the spectrum.

There’s literally one in every boardroom of the company I work for.

The EQA starts at £52k.

The company car choice is absolutely horrific at my place. It’s gonna take ages to come (long story) but when the other option for a similar price was a Hyundai Ioniq (not knocking them but they’re far from comparable cars) - it was a no brainier.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    From 2025, all EVs registered after the last RFL change (2017 IIRC), will be charged the same as ICE for RFL.

Those registered before the change will go up to band B (£20 or thereabouts) and the £0 rated band A will be abolished.
    Thanks Dave! 👍🏼

Thanks Dave! ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Interesting, does the jump to £20 include pre 2017 £0 rate ICE cars aswell?

biggest rip off ever coming this way..............who the hell is funding the EV revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse64 View Post
    who the hell is funding the EV revolution
    HMRC

HMRC

Ahh that's ok(ish) then

So, when are we dropping a nuke on Moscow then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Interesting, does the jump to £20 include pre 2017 £0 rate ICE cars aswell?
    I believe so.

Craftsman
    I believe so.
    Not to talk over Dave but I’ve just read an article on the Octopus website which stated from 2025 the charge goes up by 1% a year. It’s currently fixed at 2%.

At a rough guess. At 40% tax you’ll be paying about £20 a month more each year on a £50k car.

Electric cars-got to be a viable option now?

Not to talk over Dave but I’ve just read an article on the Octopus website which stated from 2025 the charge goes up by 1% a year. It’s currently fixed at 2%.

At a rough guess. At 40% tax you’ll be paying about £20 a month more each year on a £50k car.
    My apologies, I had assumed you were asking about Road Fund Licence as BIK hasn’t been zero on EVs for a couple of years now and RFL changes are occurring in 2025.
    Last edited by Dave+63; 25th December 2022 at 20:00.

I believe so.
    Thanks. That's five pints a year less for me when that kicks in :(

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Thanks. That's five pints a year less for me when that kicks in :(
    That’s not so bad, with my van increase I think I’ll be going teetotal!

Craftsman
    Agreed. Prices are shocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse64 View Post
    biggest rip off ever coming this way..............who the hell is funding the EV revolution
    Sent from my SM-T510 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    out of interest what happens on salary sacrifice lease schemes if you get made reduntant?

I’ve caved and purchased a used Tesla Model 3. Collect on New Year’s Eve. I’m super-excited!

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    out of interest what happens on salary sacrifice lease schemes if you get made reduntant?
    I can’t speak for other employers, but for my employer you just chuck the keys back with no requirement to continue with the lease payments. Same if I resign.

This is a long as you have leased the car for more than 90 days. There is a small £250+VAT charge you have to pay, but that is it.

Master
    Tesla owners blast Christmas car charging chaos, dozens forced to wait 3 hour queues.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...UR-queues.html

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cbh View Post
    Tesla owners blast Christmas car charging chaos, dozens forced to wait 3 hour queues.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...UR-queues.html
    Don’t read the DM readers comments if you value your blood pressure! :-D

Ignorant doesn’t even start to cover it.

I don’t get why some Tesla owners are so wedded to the Supercharger network, other networks are available, and they work just fine. There’s also no need to leave it until you’re down to 20% or lower to charge, you can charge much earlier and is probably advisable at peak travel periods.

That’s not to say more en-route rapid chargers wouldn’t be welcome, but Cumbria and the approaches to it are a bit of a honey pot.

The Rheghed centre in one of those pictures near Penrith has 3 chargers, and only max 50kW, there are queues there lots of times. Scotch Corner has Superchargers, although often busy, and the services are getting a major upgrade soon which will help.

I expect that most EV owners did a Christmas journey with no dramas, but that’s not a story I guess.

At the Newport Pagnel services yesterday afternoon, Teslas were queuing for the chargers. I can't imagine it's that busy very often - the car park was rammed as well.

At least they’ve got the best infotainment system of any car ever built to pass the time whilst waiting.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    At least they’ve got the best infotainment system of any car ever built to pass the time whilst waiting.
    Yep, the fart app makes time fly… 😂

One week you're an idiot for having an ICE car when there isn't any fuel/huge queues for fuel, the next week you're an idiot when there's huge queues for chargers.

Whatever generates the most clicks.

I had no issues with chargers for my Tesla as it was parked up for a week waiting to have its punctured tyre replaced!

Fixed now finally and now have a round trip of 200 miles. So on a full charge I will hopefully not need a charger. I have only used a charger once just to try it as most trips I can get to work or home for charging

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    I had no issues with chargers for my Tesla as it was parked up for a week waiting to have its punctured tyre replaced!

Fixed now finally and now have a round trip of 200 miles. So on a full charge I will hopefully not need a charger. I have only used a charger once just to try it as most trips I can get to work or home for charging
    Why did it take a week?

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Yep, the fart app makes time fly… 
    I misread that as the ´fap app´ lolz.

I think the fact it makes headline news when people queue for a Tesla charger is telling! Queuing for chargers when you don't have a Tesla is par for the course and so when it happens with Teslas it seems to make front page news.

Re punctures, this happened last month and Kwik Fit replaced it within 30 mins of me driving in.