closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 55 of 99 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,750 of 4936

Thread: Electric cars-got to be a viable option now?

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    This thread seems to have become more popular with 'the haters' of late, but we took delivery of this on Friday and really impressed with it so far.

Enjoy the new car smell!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Unbelievable!

(Sorry, bad joke).

Jim 'Noddy' Holder has a take on falling demand in The Intercooler (an excellent app/website if you like proper motoring journalism - check out Peter Robinson's articles for a start):

https://www.the-intercooler.com/libr...electric-cars/
    The things you say...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Not quite the end, this is due out next year.

https://www.parkers.co.uk/mg/cyberst...bblio-footer-1
    That’s nice looking, but, it’s an MG, it’s electric so no ta.
    My sister in law is due to renew her Fiesta, but no more new Fiestas, dealer suggested a Puma, “I don’t want/need something that size” and left, considering a Kia/Hyundai petrol hatch of the ‘right’ size, a story I hear from lots of folk.

Interesting news.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves
    Last edited by sish101; 18th July 2023 at 18:06.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I’ve just got back from two weeks away and drove a diesel auto Renault Kadjar. Not the best but felt nice to drive a normal car and feel it going through the gears again. Made me miss a combustion engine. Something nice about going back to basics.
    Driving my gf's Q5 Petrol with a 7 speed DSG box feels positively agricultural now - allbeit a lot less creaky than my Model S.

[QUOTE=sish101;6245582]Interesting news.
    JLR are way behind with electric cars, they've got none in the LR lineup (apart from hybrids) and only 1 under the jag badge.
    Probably getting ready for their new exciting reliable lineup 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Driving my gf's Q5 Petrol with a 7 speed DSG box feels positively agricultural now - allbeit a lot less creaky than my Model S.
    Maybe it just reminded me of simpler times!

A friend took me for a spin in the new Tesla Model S Plaid last weekend. I have driven Ferarris, Porsches, AMG Mercs, Motorcycles and a Tesla M3P, but this was absolutely insanely fast, I had to seriously recalibrate my senses of what is fast. The launch on a quiet dead end country lane in Drag strip mode (launch control) felt to me akin to being fired out of a cannon. Even the build quality looked a lot better than earlier Teslas I have seen, but it should be good for £115k, although for the performance and comfort/practicality it could be considered a bargain. Sadly LHD only though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    That’s nice looking, but, it’s an MG, it’s electric so no ta.
    My sister in law is due to renew her Fiesta, but no more new Fiestas, dealer suggested a Puma, “I don’t want/need something that size” and left, considering a Kia/Hyundai petrol hatch of the ‘right’ size, a story I hear from lots of folk.
    Some retailers still have stock of Fiestas - John Grose in Ipswich emailed me yesterday with some and they deliver nationwide

0% finance on the Model 3 as I think the new one is due out after September. Be curious to see the GMFV on one of those now.

Electric cars-got to be a viable option now?

With all the talk of MG, this updated model seems like a rocket.

Seems like What Car are trying to imitate Car Wow.

https://youtu.be/f2ikVe8IhPE

Anecdotes from yesterday:
    I have a friend with an all electric, only a year old, Toyota van (Hiace? Proace?) a transit sized thing anyway that he can get a motorbike or his gear in the back of. He went to collect his XT660z back from Hampshire yesterday, from Ashbourne in Derbyshire. It was fully charged when he left, plugged in overnight at home. He got as far as Banbury when he was down to under 20% and had to 'refuel'. He found one of these public fast charge things, at the third attempt, he has learned not to let the battery % go below 10% before looking for a charge point because many are out of order/broken, others the charge plug has been stolen or they are just 'occupied'. Anyway he found one and sat reading a book and phoning me to complain about how he can't wait to get rid of the thing and go back to a proper engine, even on a fast charger he sat there for an hour and 40 mins to get to 85% and a bill of £78 for his 'free fuel' - staying longer would have gained him a £100 penalty prize for overstaying his welcome on the parking spot with a charger attached. He has had that in the past too, so is very mindful of it. Christ Alive, £78 to get from Ashbourne to Banbury. Then he had another refuelling stop before he got to the bike. The whole round trip of about 400 miles cost him over £250, in 'free fuel'.

Now contrast that with my dirty, diesel Golf Estate with 180,000 miles on it, because I had to drive to the back of beyond in Essex, on the top of the river Crouch, somewhere between Rayleigh and Burnham, but on the Rayleigh side. Another friend had bought a sailing dinghy down there and would I go and fetch it back for him please? I set off at 05.15, filled her up at Tesco in 5 minutes and the tank holds a bit over 50 litres, but I only put 30 litres in to fill. That fill got me down to the sailing club, and back to Chacewater with the dinghy in tow on a crappy old trailer with a fair bit of windange from the boat and spars strapped about the place, and I have still got 1/3 tank left. Round trip was 420 miles and cost less than £80 all in. According to my MPG metery, computery calculatory thing in the dashboard I returned 68.6mpg for the entire trip, it was 74.8 on the way down. I can live with that kind of consumption and the investment in the lump of metal to start with cost us £10,500 in 2010, it had 11,800 miles on it and we have never had such an expensive, or new, car before! I don't know what it would be worth now, whatever the £ figure is, it is worth far more to us as a vehicle than the cash value because to replace it would be mind boggling. Depreciation if we write it off as no value at all it has still only cost us £1000/year. I simply cannot understand how anyone can live with the kind of value or depreciation that electric cars are. That new Tesla a couple of posts above £115,000? That is the price of a nice house in many places. Definitely an 'us and them' situation. Unto them that have.

Electric - it's the future!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    I have a friend with an all electric, only a year old, Toyota van (Hiace? Proace?) a transit sized thing anyway that he can get a motorbike or his gear in the back of. He went to collect his XT660z back from Hampshire yesterday, from Ashbourne in Derbyshire. It was fully charged when he left, plugged in overnight at home. He got as far as Banbury when he was down to under 20% and had to 'refuel'. He found one of these public fast charge things, at the third attempt, he has learned not to let the battery % go below 10% before looking for a charge point because many are out of order/broken, others the charge plug has been stolen or they are just 'occupied'. Anyway he found one and sat reading a book and phoning me to complain about how he can't wait to get rid of the thing and go back to a proper engine, even on a fast charger he sat there for an hour and 40 mins to get to 85% and a bill of £78 for his 'free fuel' - staying longer would have gained him a £100 penalty prize for overstaying his welcome on the parking spot with a charger attached. He has had that in the past too, so is very mindful of it. Christ Alive, £78 to get from Ashbourne to Banbury. Then he had another refuelling stop before he got to the bike. The whole round trip of about 400 miles cost him over £250, in 'free fuel'.

Now contrast that with my dirty, diesel Golf Estate with 180,000 miles on it, because I had to drive to the back of beyond in Essex, on the top of the river Crouch, somewhere between Rayleigh and Burnham, but on the Rayleigh side. Another friend had bought a sailing dinghy down there and would I go and fetch it back for him please? I set off at 05.15, filled her up at Tesco in 5 minutes and the tank holds a bit over 50 litres, but I only put 30 litres in to fill. That fill got me down to the sailing club, and back to Chacewater with the dinghy in tow on a crappy old trailer with a fair bit of windange from the boat and spars strapped about the place, and I have still got 1/3 tank left. Round trip was 420 miles and cost less than £80 all in. According to my MPG metery, computery calculatory thing in the dashboard I returned 68.6mpg for the entire trip, it was 74.8 on the way down. I can live with that kind of consumption and the investment in the lump of metal to start with cost us £10,500 in 2010, it had 11,800 miles on it and we have never had such an expensive, or new, car before! I don't know what it would be worth now, whatever the £ figure is, it is worth far more to us as a vehicle than the cash value because to replace it would be mind boggling. Depreciation if we write it off as no value at all it has still only cost us £1000/year. I simply cannot understand how anyone can live with the kind of value or depreciation that electric cars are. That new Tesla a couple of posts above £115,000? That is the price of a nice house in many places. Definitely an 'us and them' situation. Unto them that have.

Not a fan then?! ;-)

There’s a bit to unpack here, but bottom line is that if all you’re really interested in is how far it costs you to drive a mile, then EVs or any new vehicle for that matter is not really for you.

As for your mates van, presumably he purchased it for reasons other than big round trips to collect stuff? How does he normally use it?

It didn’t cost him £78 to get from Ashbourne to Banbury, as he charged at home at his home tariff rate?

There are plenty of chargers of all sorts at Banbury, not sure how he managed to spend 1hr 40mins charging when his van is capable of up to a 100kW charge rate on a rapid? It doesn’t make sense.

What’s this ‘free fuel’ you kept mentioning? There hasn’t been free rapid charging since about 2015 when Ecotricity started charging for their limited motorway services network.

By way of my own anecdote, comparing using a car and not a van, is my near 1000 mile round trip last week to Scotland, with a couple of nights at my destination. It cost me £39 one way, including what I’d put in at home, and £55 on the way back, plus about 3 hours of my time, 1.5 hours of which were spent having breakfast. 10.6p per mile, which I think is comparable to a diesel.

Comparing an electric van to your diesel isn’t really an apples for apples comparison, any more than comparing my ID.4 to the £100k+ Tesla Plaid, or any of the mouthwatering ICE stuff in the ‘What do you drive’ thread.

Electric vehicles don’t work for everybody, I’m the first to say that, but they work for me and they’d work for an awful lot of others.
    Last edited by Tooks; 20th July 2023 at 09:48.

Master

I have two electric cars in my household. The wife does a 26 mile round trip commute 5 days a week plus shopping trips on top of that. I use my car for deliveries which I get paid £500 a month on top of my wages. The cost of charging both cars for the whole month is considerably less than what you paid for one trip.
    Electric - it’s the future!

Craftsman

Sounds like your friend needs to learn how to EV better! If it took him 1h 40m to charge to 85% then he isn't using a fast charger.
    I charged from around 10% to 85% at Ionity Leeds the other week, and it took me just under 20 mins. Naturally, all EVs have different charging specs, YMMV.

At the end of the day, an EV isn't going to work for everyone's use case. They only make sense if you can charge from home on a cheap EV tariff (7.5p per kWh, yes please). Relying on a charge network is both a nightmare and expensive. The cars are great, but the networks need a lot of work / catching up.
    Last edited by mutanthands; 20th July 2023 at 11:14.

Good to hear a real world experience.

Master

your friend obviously hasnt figured out how to use ABRP or plan his trips according to the range of the vehicle he bought, nor does his story on the fast charger time and cost add up, those things only have a 46.3KWH battery, he apparently charged from 20% - 85% which is 30 KW/h , thats £2.60 per KW/H which just isnt the case.

I think his pants are on fire.

in case he has the 75 KW/H version which is 68KW/H useable thats still 44 kw/h only that he charged or £1.77 KW/H, again not true.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    your friend obviously hasn't figured out how to use ABRP or plan his trips according to the range of the vehicle he bought, nor does his story on the fast charger time and cost add up, those things only have a 46.3KWH battery, he apparently charged from 20% - 85% which is 30 KW/h , that's £2.60 per KW/H which just isn't the case.

I think his pants are on fire.

in case he has the 75 KW/H version which is 68KW/H useable that's still 44 kw/h only that he charged or £1.77 KW/H, again not true.
    Stop it with your facts.

What you need to be saying is that electric cars cost a million pounds to refill, the batteries die after ten minutes and they take forever to fill up. And they don't sound all lovely, like what a diesel Mondeo does.

I did a round trip in my Taycan the other night to collect a friend from Luton airport, it's a 160 mile round trip, cost me £4.50 in electricity and I did the whole journey in whisper quiet luxury

I love electic and have No plans to go back to a petrol car again

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Good to hear a real world experience.
    Especially if you choose to ignore all the positive real world experiences and focus on one (anecdotal) story which is, at least in part, (to be generous) highly exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I did a round trip in my Taycan the other night to collect a friend from Luton airport, it's a 160 mile round trip, cost me £4.50 in electricity and I did the whole journey in whisper quiet luxury

I love electic and have No plans to go back to a petrol car again
    Beautiful car. One of the Taycan estates is right up there for me as one of the nicest cars around.

Now contrast that with my dirty, diesel Golf Estate with 180,000 miles on it, because I had to drive to the back of beyond in Essex, on the top of the river Crouch, somewhere between Rayleigh and Burnham, but on the Rayleigh side. Another friend had bought a sailing dinghy down there and would I go and fetch it back for him please? I set off at 05.15, filled her up at Tesco in 5 minutes and the tank holds a bit over 50 litres, but I only put 30 litres in to fill. That fill got me down to the sailing club, and back to Chacewater with the dinghy in tow on a crappy old trailer with a fair bit of windange from the boat and spars strapped about the place, and I have still got 1/3 tank left. Round trip was 420 miles and cost less than £80 all in. According to my MPG metery, computery calculatory thing in the dashboard I returned 68.6mpg for the entire trip, it was 74.8 on the way down. I can live with that kind of consumption and the investment in the lump of metal to start with cost us £10,500 in 2010, it had 11,800 miles on it and we have never had such an expensive, or new, car before! I don't know what it would be worth now, whatever the £ figure is, it is worth far more to us as a vehicle than the cash value because to replace it would be mind boggling. Depreciation if we write it off as no value at all it has still only cost us £1000/year. I simply cannot understand how anyone can live with the kind of value or depreciation that electric cars are. That new Tesla a couple of posts above £115,000? That is the price of a nice house in many places. Definitely an 'us and them' situation. Unto them that
    We have an Ipace it has a practical range of 230 miles, we use it for journeys of less than 100 miles away, in three years we have had to take something else twice rather than this as the first choice, on Octopus go it costs £6.97 to completely charge it, we have never run out or suffered range anxiety, you can’t blame the technology because your friend chose the wrong vehicle,

Beautiful car. One of the Taycan estates is right up there for me as one of the nicest cars around.

I have the Turbo Sport Turismo, not only is it more practical but I think it looks better than the saloon, it's definitely one of the best all round cars I've owned as it does nearly everything well.

Master
    I have the Turbo Sport Turismo, not only is it more practical but I think it looks better than the saloon, it's definitely one of the best all round cars I've owned as it does nearly everything well.
    Yeah, but if you want to drive 1000 miles every day repeatedly it doesn't stack up against my W reg Montego estate. And the electrickery costs £914.73 just to look at the sockets, never mind fill up.

Plus electric cars wear the road out more, just by being electric.

Master
    Stunning car, I’d miss my burble on overrun and the noise of the revs building too much to have one. For me a car has to look and sound the part for me to want to own one.

Your spec trim is spot on, even if I despise the daft way Porsche now have lots of turbo cars without turbo on the badge, and cars without turbos, let alone engines, designated turbo on the boot lol. Strange times, I imagine some interesting board discussions when marketing came in with that recommendation!

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Stunning car, I’d miss my burble on overrun and the noise of the revs building too much to have one. For me a car has to look and sound the part for me to want to own one.

Your spec trim is spot on, even if I despise the daft way Porsche now have lots of turbo cars without turbo on the badge, and cars without turbos, let alone engines, designated turbo on the boot lol. Strange times, I imagine some interesting board discussions when marketing came in with that recommendation!

Turbo badging is just the trim level now in terms of options and performance but the idiocy isn't lost on me of having a turbo badge on the back of my car when it doesn't even have an engine

I have the Porsche sport sound which adds a bit of emotion when driving, the main party piece though is all 670 bhp available instantly, that never gets boring trust Me
    Last edited by Vanguard; 20th July 2023 at 14:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Especially if you choose to ignore all the positive real world experiences and focus on one (anecdotal) story which is, at least in part, (to be generous) highly exaggerated.
    Heard the same few people quoting the positives hundreds of times.

Craftsman
    Just wondering if anyone has a Kia EV6 and could offer some insight on the good and bad (I can't search as the terms are too short)
    Now I'm retired my mileage has dropped significantly and I think an EV could work for me. To give some context I've currently driving a BMW 520D F10. I did have a petrol version as a loaner for a couple of days when mine went in for some recall work but it didn't seem to have the pull of the equivalent diesel. I appreciate that EVs move the design of cars forward but also I do appreciate a decent cabin and the Kia seems quite reasonable in that respect

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxboy View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has a Kia EV6 and could offer some insight on the good and bad (I can't search as the terms are too short)
    Now I'm retired my mileage has dropped significantly and I think an EV could work for me. To give some context I've currently driving a BMW 520D F10. I did have a petrol version as a loaner for a couple of days when mine went in for some recall work but it didn't seem to have the pull of the equivalent diesel. I appreciate that EVs move the design of cars forward but also I do appreciate a decent cabin and the Kia seems quite reasonable in that respect

I took an EV6 out for an extended test and was really impressed by it. Fast/refined etc, seats were excellent, slippery shape so it's very efficient.

A couple of things that really put me off though - it has an electric sunroof which impacts headroom. Obviously all depends on body shape, and I have a long torso/short leg setup, but I found my hair brushing the roof all the time. The other issue was the multiplicity of bing-bong noises and warning lights when all you're doing is driving down the A3. It may well be that you can switch them all off, but I couldn't find a way to do it. Those two were enough for me to decide that I'd look elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Longblackcoat View Post
    It does seem that BEV are heavier than their ICE equivalents, and this will result in reduced lifetime of roads due to magnified effects at subgrade level.

They don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxboy View Post

As per the pic at the top of this page, we're 1 week into ownership of our EV6. We're loving it so far, as per 'Longcoats' comments, the sunroof is only on the GT-Line S model....we're short so it doesn't effect us anyway. Yes it does bing and bong far too much, but again all the bells and whistle features are not on every model and can be turned off anyway. It's a great car, smooth to drive and very roomy in the front and the back. It feels like it has a nice high driving position from the inside and yet looks quite standard if not low from the outside.

Cool story, bro
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

That is lovely. In nearly any instance I would also pick the estate version of any car. Must be a hoot.

Craftsman
    I took an EV6 out for an extended test and was really impressed by it. Fast/refined etc, seats were excellent, slippery shape so it's very efficient.

A couple of things that really put me off though - it has an electric sunroof which impacts headroom. Obviously all depends on body shape, and I have a long torso/short leg setup, but I found my hair brushing the roof all the time. The other issue was the multiplicity of bing-bong noises and warning lights when all you're doing is driving down the A3. It may well be that you can switch them all off, but I couldn't find a way to do it. Those two were enough for me to decide that I'd look elsewhere
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm not that tall so hopefully shouldn't be too much of an issue but certainly something to look out for on a test drive

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    As per the pic at the top of this page, we're 1 week into ownership of our EV6. We're loving it so far, as per 'Longcoats' comments, the sunroof is only on the GT-Line S model....we're short so it doesn't effect us anyway. Yes it does bing and bong far too much, but again all the bells and whistle features are not on every model and can be turned off anyway. It's a great car, smooth to drive and very roomy in the front and the back. It feels like it has a nice high driving position from the inside and yet looks quite standard if not low from the outside.
    Thanks for that - I've lived without a sunroof for the last 10 years so good to know not necessarily an issue plus I'm not that tall

Lets look in to those figures a little…Ashbourne to Banbury is 91 miles, 2 proace battery sizes, 50kw and 75kw . Lets assume he has the 50 kw battery and another assumption of 3 miles per kw. He’d get circa 150 mile range. You say he had 20% left so he may have driven it hard, had the ac on etc.
    So he used 80% battery to do 91 miles meaning hed used roughly 40kw. That 40kw cost him nearly £80 did it….lolz.

The only one i can find in Banbury off the M40 assuming it was that one is instavolt which is tops 0.75p per kw…..£30!!someones bullshitting.
    If you must come on here and make up stories at least try and get your figures correct.
    Ive checked all of them in the same area and none are over 75p…think we should put this one as a poor try and should try harder.
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 20th July 2023 at 19:27.

Heard the same few people quoting the positives hundreds of times.
    Usually coming from people who own and drive them every day.

The negatives are generally anecdotal, you know, Heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from another….

Sorry, I just seem to have slipped into REO Speedwagon for a moment there!

We like facts at TZ
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    They don't.
    I know. Sadly one of my relatives really does believe this because they read it somewhere!

Master
    Turbo badging is just the trim level now in terms of options and performance but the idiocy isn't lost on me of having a turbo badge on the back of my car when it doesn't even have an engine

I have the Porsche sport sound which adds a bit of emotion when driving, the main party piece though is all 670 bhp available instantly, that never gets boring trust Me
    Not been in one with sport sound, sounds interesting but my M4C put me off artificial sounds into the cabin.

To be fair though, Porsche do everything so much better than BMW IMHO.

Was looking at some of the salary sacrifices around for EV and Porsche in particular - far more fun than pension to manage tax!

Given we have 2 981s doing 2k a year and a smart 453 doing 12k as it goes everywhere, and we can park anywhere, we are a long way off needing that space!

I wish the 453 had a better range and performance as would upgrade immediately for that as the hack car.

That is lovely. In nearly any instance I would also pick the estate version of any car. Must be a hoot.
    Even if you have no plans to buy one in the short term Porsche dealers are very generous with their unaccompanied test drives, they'll happily lend you one for a few hours to try, go and have a play in one you'll love it, it handles suprisingly well for a 2.3 ton car, not so much the really tight stuff where it will show its weight but fast sweeping bends are sublime.

Master
    My wife picked up her new ID4 today. I’ve never driven an electric car before but must say I am very impressed.

I had an electric car (i4 I think?) courtesy car while my M40d X5 was serviced and as quick as it was all I could think of was this quote that I saw ages ago on Reddit…..

“Gonna get down voted but saying an EV provides the same enjoyment as a gas car is like saying microwaving a steak does the same thing as grilling it.”

[QUOTE=spuds;6247532]I had an electric car (i4 I think?) courtesy car while my M40d X5 was serviced and as quick as it was all I could think of was this quote that I saw ages ago on Reddit…..

“Gonna get down voted but saying an EV provides the same enjoyment as a gas car is like saying microwaving a steak does the same thing as grilling it.”

[/QUOTE

it’s not like any diesel stirs the emotions though, unless you have a field to plough maybe

Master
    [QUOTE=Vanguard;6247795]
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    I had an electric car (i4 I think?) courtesy car while my M40d X5 was serviced and as quick as it was all I could think of was this quote that I saw ages ago on Reddit…..

[/QUOTE

it’s not like any diesel stirs the emotions though, unless you have a field to plough maybe
    Even I, an EV convert, still miss the sound of the in-line 5 of my old RS3, a good engine note does stir the soul. A diesel, fantastic as some of those engines are, not so much. Although a Volvo D5 I owned once came close.

Our Tesla is ultimately quicker but much more sterile feeling in both the sound and handling stakes.

I do quite like the sound of two electric motors in full song too though, but it’s no straight 6/inline 5. I’ve never owned a V engine, but imagine they’re a nice sound as well.

Master
    [QUOTE=Vanguard;6247795]

[/QUOTE

Indeed

Master
    I’m driving a mercedes evito panel van.
    Longest journey was from Wales to Glasgow . Needed to recharge twice : about 45minutes on 50kw chargers at service stations . Cost about £45 .

Normally I use free local council ones 22kw , takes about 80minutes to get 80% charge . Ironically the free ones seem better maintained around here than the paid for higher watt ones .

Pros : it drives wonderfully and goes like a rocket accelleration wise . I got used to the regenerative breaking pretty quickly to the extent I can rarely use the brake and just lift off the accelerator instead , it feels very natural driving which surprised me as I’ve never driven anything but manuals . On the road it feels easier to drive than most cars I’ve owned.

Cons : I regularly hit cruise control when indicating .
    I had to buy a wifi dongle to get the on board systems to communicate with my iphone for google maps. Apparently the usb socket is miswired.
    The range is something like 140miles on a charge which worries me heading into nowhere locations .
    Its a bugger to park but thats me not the van .
    Its expensive ; I could have had a porsche taycan for similar money .

Some useles twunt has bashed a dent into the back of the left door when it was parked , looks like a kick or a punch . Police checked out local cctv for me but found nothing useful.

I find it a pain overall and would much prefer the porsche but thumbs up for electric ; the equivalent deusel would have cost something horrific in fuel. So far its cost about £300 in charge ups for 7000miles .

[QUOTE=Vanguard;6247795]

[/QUOTE

[QUOTE=cyrusir;6247923]

Indeed

I respectfully disagree Gents, although you’re absolutely entitled to your wrong opinions….

(To clarify that’s intended as a joke, I’m no “petrol head” but I do enjoy my diesel car, and electric just doesn’t do it for me personally: I certainly wouldn’t ridicule nor condemn anyone else’s preference though).
    Last edited by spuds; 24th July 2023 at 00:22.

Master
    [QUOTE=spuds;6248521][QUOTE=Vanguard;6247795]

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post

I respectfully disagree Gents, although you’re absolutely entitled to your wrong opinions….

(To clarify that’s intended as a joke, I’m no “petrol head” but I do enjoy my diesel car, and electric just doesn’t do it for me personally: I certainly wouldn’t ridicule nor condemn anyone else’s preference though).
    Having had experience of all I can't for the life see why someone would enjoy a diesel SUV over an electric one, doesn't compute, I can understand someone with a light petrol sports car completely.

What is it about your diesel. X5 that makes it more involving than an electric equivalent?

Not having a go genuinely curious.