Yes I know this has been talked about to death over the past few years but I’m slowly coming around to EV vehicles. My current business lease is due to expire mid next year and due to the current lead time with the majority of manufactures I’d be looking at a 3 month wait time anyway.
Having been off for a fortnight and only going out days I’ve visited most of the major players with EV vehicles. Firsty what a huge difference there is between dealers and what you can actually sit in and road-test. I’ve gone from literally no stock of anything, to only having demos that are sat there, to ones to view only and can’t look inside, others have allowed to actually play inside and some Ive been able to crawl all over and road- test.

So far I’ve looked at the Hyundai Iconiq5 which the wife simply dismissed, the VW id3 and 4 which is ok but leaves me a little bit meh, looked at some of the Kia range but again left a little underwhelmed. Had a good look at Tesla 3 which again the wife hated the driving position. Looked at the French options which sadly something was missing and they didn’t seem to quite hit the range. Nissan and Mazda have never done much for me so have dismissed them without looking.

By far the best model I’ve been in so far and tested has been the Merc EQC, unbelievably smooth and refined and as yet other than slightly less range than the Tesla I’m struggling to find a reason not to buy. I’ve also got a road-test booked for the EQA which I’m expecting to be very similar if not smaller than the EQC.
Real life range is going to be about 200-220 from a claimed 260, this is way more than I’m going to need weekly and will likely cost me around a tenner per charge where I’m currently spending c£35-40 in diesel. They come with free chargers and I can utilise the bulb or octopus night time tariff of about 6p per kWh to charge.
Ive dismissed leccie cars for ages but for me they’re becoming increasingly a viable option
‘Anyone else considering making the change and if so what you looking at?
FFF