closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 40 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 2,000 of 4936

Thread: Electric cars-got to be a viable option now?

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Thats my bad…that was supposed to read fit for purpose.

For clarity I don't have an EV yet, I have one on order and is should be here soon, by soon i mean somewhen between 2023 and 2024 however, when looking at all these vehicles i reasoned that id need a minimum of 200 miles based around the fact that when we do travel in this country its generally either Cornwall or Tenby in Wales. So when selecting one i opted for one that i knew ( after doing extensive research) would do over 200 miles on a single charge.
    Evs arent right for everybody i get that but whenever someone comes on shouting about them being shyte and not fit for purpose its always the same thing…infrastructure isn't there yet and they're too bloody expensive. Most people can charge from home so its not an issue if 40k is too much for you for an EV then 40k is too much for you for an ICE vehicle also.
    Everyone shouting at some point in the near future has to get used to EVs playing a part of our personal transport…how long thats for i dont l know but for certain we have to start embracing it.
    Well in fairness there´s one or two posters on here who´do seem to be having other problems with there uns.

I´m happy to wait and watch, the current vehicle gets us around 800 km on a fill, is very reliable and comfortable, cheap to service, even fairly fun to drive, so we´ll keep plugging away and see how the decade, prices shape up. 40 grands a lot of money for a car, any car, for most people, it represents almost a year and a half average salary...that´s a pretty big darn, expensive commitment...for a set of wheels...obviously ymmv.

I hope you enjoy your car when you get it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Correct the Fiat 500 either format wouldn´t work for me and mine, too small.

See reply to FFF for my attempt to explain the price- cost issue...as I say it´s only my opinion, way. The ID 3 appears to start from 45 k Euro´s, the Megan starts at only 37 K gbp C´MON for a bloody RENAULT...that´s insanely expensive to me, sorry, and you´ve gotta plan trips, if they are LONGER trips, around charging points...more cost for more hassle, it doesn´t compute for me...if I commit to spend more money I want an easier life not additional potential hassles, to have to worry if there´s a cold spell coming...Can you see what I mean, where I´m coming from?
    Sigh, maybe I´m just a tight neanderthal after a simpler life. Oh well.
    Lol! No, I’m sure you’re not! :-D

Everybody prioritises how they spend their money, I spend a lot of time driving, I like cars and have had some pretty cool stuff over the decades, EVs are just the latest and probably final phase of that for me.

I always said that based on where I drive and how I use a car, a genuine 200 mile all year round EV would work well for me. It’s taken a few years to get there, but that takes me easily to where I go and back home 90% of the time.

I do a few 1000 mile round trips each year as well, but that’s done over a week or so, with a mix of public charging and overnight at friends/hotels and honestly has been pretty much zero hassle.

I still miss the offbeat warble of my last ICE car, a 5 cylinder RS3, but the EVs have their own interesting bits, just not the ‘engine’ sound. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I haven’t seen that episode which I will watch, but he is a big fan of the MG4 Trophy.

It has the range, looks nice enough and is half the price of a Tesla, but unfortunately it is mostly the badge that will let it down in the U.K. private buying market.

I think the new unregistered shorter range MG4 is on Autotrader for £26k. That is ICE sort of money.
    I test drove an MG4 recently and the build quality of it was absolutely dreadful. Not seen panel gaps like that since the days of British Leyland, the stitching on the seats was horrendous - I’ve never seen anything finished so badly - and we’re so unsupportive I had a backache after 10 minutes. The 2 little iPads that show you all the information you apparently need looked very sci-fi but you have to take your eye off the road just to carry out a simple task. The boot is very small and the rear light bar was so full of condensation there were puddles inside it. If it was an ICE vehicle you wouldn’t pay more than £8k for a new one imho. And I’m a VW/Ford driver, anyone coming from a luxury marque would be pretty shocked I reckon. More gadgets than a branch of curry’s but as a car? No thanks. And I really wanted to like it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be interesting to see how GM do with the Chevy Equinox Ev next year, starting price said to be around 30k dollars, 250 mile range on the base model, mid size SUV, normal looks.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I test drove an MG4 recently and the build quality of it was absolutely dreadful. Not seen panel gaps like that since the days of British Leyland, the stitching on the seats was horrendous - I’ve never seen anything finished so badly - and we’re so unsupportive I had a backache after 10 minutes. The 2 little iPads that show you all the information you apparently need looked very sci-fi but you have to take your eye off the road just to carry out a simple task. The boot is very small and the rear light bar was so full of condensation there were puddles inside it. If it was an ICE vehicle you wouldn’t pay more than £8k for a new one imho. And I’m a VW/Ford driver, anyone coming from a luxury marque would be pretty shocked I reckon. More gadgets than a branch of curry’s but as a car? No thanks. And I really wanted to like it!!

Slave labour? They´re hardly going go the extra mile are they.

I have MG ZS EV. No complaints really, but older price I paid plus gov grant etc 13 moths ago enhances my opinion. Almost 9 grand less than current RRP. Sunroof no longer available either.

I’ve had my Model 3 Performance company car since the end of September but never once charged at home. I could have a charger installed at home and even have a 3 phase supply. My company pays for all my charging costs though and the admin of calculating my usage at home is more painful than submitting receipts from rapid chargers. My car is up to about 5,500 miles and so far I’ve never had to queue for a charger, even when heading to Devon for New Year. Yes it takes a little more planning than an ICE car but it’s not been overly onerous so far.

Tesla are in the process of adding non-Superchargers to their Satnav, although the CPOs have to comply with various metrics otherwise the sites will be removed. For example if chargers have significant downtime. Hopefully this means BP and Shell won’t feature much longer as they’re rarely operational.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just to update on my Ionic 5 woes… as suspected the dealer has said the car is fine, no fault codes and they can’t see, hear or replicate any of the issues I’ve experienced and the range is within manufacturers tolerances. Really helpful and it’s gonna be a long 3 years with this car I fear
    Thanks to all who responded and for some of the useful input provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Glover View Post
    Just to update on my Ionic 5 woes… as suspected the dealer has said the car is fine, no fault codes and they can’t see, hear or replicate any of the issues I’ve experienced and the range is within manufacturers tolerances. Really helpful and it’s gonna be a long 3 years with this car I fear
    Thanks to all who responded and for some of the useful input provided.
    A scourge of modern technology…. The intermittent fault!
    They would have probably reflashed various ECUs with the latest software and kicked it out.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post

I had one on order, but came to my senses when the first deliveries started revealing all sorts of issues, both mechanical and software. There's currently a recall (already) because some owners were being locked in the car due to it's anti theft system even though they had the key (which wouldn't unlock the car). They had to climb in to the boot and use the manual boot release to get out.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone have a BMW i4 ?? That appeals to me as a BMW fan and someone who fancy’s trying g an EV.

Pity they don’t do it in a tourer.

Master
    I've had an i4 since July last year.
    I'm quite happy with it. The range is decent, the car is comfortable and adequately premium.
    It has a good turn of pace, is well equipped and looks good (well, assuming you can live with the grill!).
    I was so close to having a Volvo c40 but the rug was pulled from underneath me by Volvo.
    I also test drove a Skoda Enyaq with a view to ordering the Coupe version but the wait was excessive.
    The lease co (it is a company car) had a consignment of i4's due to arrive within a month so I took one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Puntsdog View Post
    I was so close to having a Volvo c40 but the rug was pulled from underneath me by Volvo.
    How so? I have one of those currently on order.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntsdog View Post
    I've had an i4 since July last year.
    I'm quite happy with it. The range is decent, the car is comfortable and adequately premium.
    It has a good turn of pace, is well equipped and looks good (well, assuming you can live with the grill!).
    I also test drove a Skoda Enyaq with a view to ordering the Coupe version but the wait was excessive.
    The lease co (it is a company car) had a consignment of i4's due to arrive within a month so I took one of those.
    Thanks the feedback was kind of what I was hoping.

Master
    How so? I have one of those currently on order.
    I had signed off with my local Volvo dealer with a build slot only a few days away when they contacted me and said Volvo had pulled the plug on production and that the new estimated lead time was 9-12 months. They sent a copy of the release from Volvo also so I had no reason to disbelieve them and in all honesty it was the car I wanted so it was a letdown.
    I was able to cancel this and went with the i4 instead.
    No regrets though.

Master
    ah fair enough then my bad I haven't understood you...Do you mean fit for your purposes, as 'means' is suggestive of budget, ability or willingness to spend?

Cost comes into it because imho these EV's are currently 'dear' imho for what they are and should in time be the same or less than comparable ICE vehicles to manufacture...I think some are happy to pay over the odds/ a premium for the opportunity to drive the 'future', fair enough, there's always pioneers and those who want the latest gizmo, a telly in their car.

But I don't personally like being taken for a ride, not when it comes to my money...despite my user name I think around 20 k on a new car is plenty to spend, for that you should I believe be able to get a damn good vehicle fit for ones purposes...in fact from memory when I got the new Skoda Karoq almost 5r years ago, that was about the price, certainly that was the budget, amount of our 'means', that we were prepared to commit especially as we'd also just bought a house for cash.

If that makes sense.
    Whatever you do, don’t price up a new car as you will likely have a heart attack. Out of curiosity I just specked up a Karoq to a similar spec Enyaq I bought new in 2021, albeit, my Enyaq had 20” wheels and the Karoq had 18” wheels. I paid 33K for my electric Enyaq.

Even something like a Honda Civic starts at nearly 30K now.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Whatever you do, don’t price up a new car as you will likely have a heart attack. Out of curiosity I just specked up a Karoq to a similar spec Enyaq I bought new in 2021, albeit, my Enyaq had 20” wheels and the Karoq had 18” wheels. I paid 33K for my electric Enyaq.

And yet later this year GM are expected to release the mid size SUV Chevy Equinox EV for an expected 30 k dollars, wossat about 25k gbp...there's a lot of rinsing going on I suspect. I imagine by 2027/ 28 there could be several sensibly sized AND range offering EV's under 30 k gbp...but then I'm a tight optimistic neanderthal.

And yet later this year GM are expected to release the mid size SUV Chevy Equinox EV for an expected 30 k dollars, wossat about 25k gbp...there's a lot of rinsing going on I suspect. I imagine by 2027/ 28 there could be several sensibly sized AND range offering EV's under 30 k gbp...but then I'm a tight optimistic neanderthal.
    By 2027/28, I doubt you’ll be able to get a micra sub £30k, let alone a mid size SUV.

$30k in the USA will no doubt end up closer to £40k if and when it gets over here. The Tesla model 3 was around $30k when it was first released but never less than £40k here.

I’d love for you to be right but believe the days of relatively cheap new cars have now gone. Manufacturers have seen that demand hasn’t weakened at the current higher prices so are unlikely to go back to their old, heavy discounting days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    By 2027/28, I doubt you’ll be able to get a micra sub £30k, let alone a mid size SUV.

$30k in the USA will no doubt end up closer to £40k if and when it gets over here. The Tesla model 3 was around $30k when it was first released but never less than £40k here.

I’d love for you to be right but believe the days of relatively cheap new cars have now gone. Manufacturers have seen that demand hasn’t weakened at the current higher prices so are unlikely to go back to their old, heavy discounting days.
    I'm not so sure, GM/ Chevy seem fairly determined to price the Equinox keenly thus into that sector, you might say affordable...Clearly there's a halo around the current EV offerings thus a fair amount of willing suspension of disbelief on the part of buyers, especially when one's Company is picking up the tab...but unless there's a fairly transformative hike in most folks salaries, then 40k cars are going to remain beyond the average buyers means...I think we could, should see the tech getting cheaper, car makers offering EV's without the unnecessary bells, whistles and large screen TV's...we'll see, I'm happy to wait and watch for now.
    And it's predicted that by 2027 EV's will be cheaper to manufacture in all segments than ICE vehicles fwiw.
    Last edited by Passenger; 11th January 2023 at 09:31.

EVs will undoubtedly get cheaper relative to ICE as volumes ramp up and should at least reach parity within the next few years.
    I don’t believe that they will ever be cheaper than they are right now though. The MG4 starting at around £25k is probably the cheapest new EV (with any dirt of range) that you are ever likely to be able to buy.

EVs will undoubtedly get cheaper relative to ICE as volumes ramp up and should at least reach parity within the next few years.
    I don’t believe that they will ever be cheaper than they are right now though. The MG4 starting at around £25k is probably the cheapest new EV (with any dirt of range) that you are ever likely to be able to buy.
    But it's a POS likely partly built, or at least pieces of it, with forced/ slave labour...AND even if no UIGHERS are involved the PRC's hardly a regime I'd be comfortable spending money with...and yes I realise they make all sorts of bits and pieces contaminating the global supply chains but where you have a clear, easy choice I think it's the decent thing not to support them by not buying Chinese. Obviously mileage, conscience, is gonna vary...but as global citizen consumers, where you spend it, it's all we've got!
    Last edited by Passenger; 11th January 2023 at 10:07.

I wasn’t suggesting you buy an MG, you’ve made your views on the Chinese human rights record quite clear previously, I was merely saying that it’s probably now the cheapest (decent range) EV that will ever be sold. Any new cars will undoubtedly be at higher prices.

Having said that, my daughter has a ZSEV and I certainly wouldn’t describe it as a POS.

I wasn’t suggesting you buy an MG, you’ve made your views on the Chinese human rights record quite clear previously, I was merely saying that it’s probably now the cheapest (decent range) EV that will ever be sold. Any new cars will undoubtedly be at higher prices.

Having said that, my daughter has a ZSEV and I certainly wouldn’t describe it as a POS.
    I didn't think you were suggesting I buy an MG...just not a move, purchase I'd consider making to get on the EV bandwagon.

Has your daughter had it long, is it a nice drive and what´s the real mileage like on a full charge? Cough, cough rrp over 30 grand! You must be proud, she must de doing well, congrats.

Fwiw JP Morgan have forecast new car prices will soften by between 2.5 and 5 percent this year, next. Time will tell.
    Last edited by Passenger; 11th January 2023 at 10:47.

Electric cars-got to be a viable option now?

She bought it pre covid when MG were promoting quite heavily so she paid just over £20k for the Exclusive model. It’s a SUV so quite big and heavy. I think the real world range is about 130 miles but she’s only ever had one problem with range. She went to Luton from Tunbridge Wells on the day when the internet was down. My BIL and I ended up trailering her home from South Mimms services.

She’s done other long journeys in it without issue and still charges it from a three pin plug.

She is going OK, she owns a salon along with her d sister and they’re always very busy. She teaches in her spare time too but she’ll be taking a break soon as our first grandchild is due in March.

This is the newer ZS EV. 6 miles per kilowatt in town (sometimes). Usually about 4. 2.5 - 3 when really cold.

She bought it pre covid when MG were promoting quite heavily so she paid just over £20k for the Exclusive model. It’s a SUV so quite big and heavy. I think the real world range is about 130 miles but she’s only ever had one problem with range. She went to Luton from Tunbridge Wells on the day when the internet was down. My BIL and I ended up trailering her home from South Mimms services.

She’s done other long journeys in it without issue and still charges it from a three pin plug.

She is going OK, she owns a salon along with her d sister and they’re always very busy. She teaches in her spare time too but she’ll be taking a break soon as our first grandchild is due in March.
    Well at least that deal softened the price blow somewhat. Situations such as that tech related, internet down issue would irk me to pieces, my innate neanderthalism, the ´FUTURE or least it´s promise always being better than the present...Good for her with the business. Best wishes on the soon to arrive 1st grandchild.

Well at least that deal softened the price blow somewhat. Situations such as that tech related, internet down issue would irk me to pieces, my innate neanderthalism, the ´FUTURE or least it´s promise always being better than the present...Good for her with the business. Best wishes on the soon to arrive 1st grandchild.
    Thanks, we are all looking forward to it.

To be fair, on that particular day, having to go and rescue her was the least of the country’s problems. It’s scary just how reliant the world has become on the internet!

Thanks, we are all looking forward to it.

To be fair, on that particular day, having to go and rescue her was the least of the country’s problems. It’s scary just how reliant the world has become on the internet!
    Indeed...what happens if, when the internet goes down for a few hours or days...no TZ UK for me but I dare say I´d manage. least for a while. Gen Z would presumably have to come blinking and wincing into the real world, like a new born baby even, engage with it in a new way!
    Last edited by Passenger; 11th January 2023 at 11:30.

Master
    I bought a year and a bit old E Class Merc from Mercedes Gatwick and on the drive back home to Wales I had to pull into Leigh Delamare services as I had a warning light come on on my dashboard. Long story short, I finished the journey home on the back of a low loader. It happens sometimes whether it’s petrol, diesel or electric.

I bought a year and a bit old E Class Merc from Mercedes Gatwick and on the drive back home to Wales I had to pull into Leigh Delamare services as I had a warning light come on on my dashboard. Long story short, I finished the journey home on the back of a low loader. It happens sometimes whether it’s petrol, diesel or electric.
    Ah but that´s the present, past even, doyasee?

Interestingly it´s never happened to me, probably cos I buy cheaper, less fancy cars then Mercs. lolz.

Master

I saw an advertisement for the new diesel Astra I think that was 30k another way the less well off are being pushed out of society you used to be able to run an old cheap fiesta through your local garage if you weren’t well off but with the newer cars that have infotainment screens that cost 4k if they break and have to go to the main dealer with rates of £200 an hour if something goes wrong I don’t know how poor people will get round in the future it’s not as if public transport is cheap either

All cars lost value not just EVs. Just sensationalist media

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    All cars lost value not just EVs.
    Nope.

My Volvo V70 D5 went up in price over the same period according to WBAC quotes over the year. Not by much though.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Have a read of this:-

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/c...r-above-petrol

Based on not charging at home of course, and most apartments, maisonette and terraced houses or those without driveways or garages may not have any choice…..

Master
    Nope.

My Volvo V70 D5 went up in price over the same period according to WBAC quotes over the year. Not by much though.
    I wouldn’t read too much into that.

I sold my old ID.3 about 10 months ago, the WBAC quotes have carried on coming in every few weeks, according to them it dipped around Oct last year, and has now gone up again.

I didn’t sell it to them in the end, the dealer matched their valuation at trade in.

I think the Tesla dip is due to the first big wave of ex-lease cars hitting the auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Have a read of this:-

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/c...r-above-petrol

Based on not charging at home of course, and most apartments, maisonette and terraced houses or those without driveways or garages may not have any choice…..
    Anybody who solely uses full price fast chargers probably isn't worried about the cost. Everybody else takes advantage of subscription based deals or far less expensive slower charging when they don't need the car for a few hours, typically overnight.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

All cars lost value not just EVs. Just sensationalist media
    End of 2021 I sold my Corolla Hybrid for more than I bought it for in May 2019 (at super discount admittedly)

Same car now is about £5000 more new.

The Chinese MG I bought after is now £36000 comparing to the £27500 I paid December 21. With 12 months wait and no panoramic sunroof. And zero discount.

I have an i4m50 which I have had since June - I test drove the Model 3 Performance which I did not like due to the seats being very uncomfortable for me. Also test drove the Polestar which was better than the Model 3 for me. Ordered the i4M50 in October 2021 and got the first one at my dealer. Seats (I have the M Sport seats) are very comfortable and the car drives like a BMW. Car is very fast - I would say the acceleration is not far short of a 991 Turbo S I used to own. Refinement is in a different league to an ICE car. Range is very good - in this weather I get around 230 miles for 80% charge which equates to around 290 miles on a full 100% charge - I deliberately chose the 19" wheels which get better range that the 20" wheel option. Not used any public chargers as I charge at home.

I've averaged 3.7kWH per mile over a year of daily driving including that really cold spell, which is a range of 218 miles against an advertised 239. I can live with that.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Good so its not only me then.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    End of 2021 I sold my Corolla Hybrid for more than I bought it for in May 2019 (at super discount admittedly)

Same car now is about £5000 more new.

The Chinese MG I bought after is now £36000 comparing to the £27500 I paid December 21. With 12 months wait and no panoramic sunroof. And zero discount.
    Yep I was wrong. On the Tesla groups they are saying it is a combination of loads of lease cars now returning to the market, Musk being a bit of a lunatic and some compelling competition now. Could be a great time to buy pre owned!

Also inexplicably Tesla are disabling some of the built in functionality of new cars. For example the audible parking sensors are disabled on new Model 3s and Model Ys. Why on earth?

Seems also Mercedes have released new self drive functionality that surpasses Teslas - Tesla disabled sensor based self drive and rely only on cameras which is IMHO a bit risky

Also inexplicably Tesla are disabling some of the built in functionality of new cars. For example the audible parking sensors are disabled on new Model 3s and Model Ys. Why on earth?

Seems also Mercedes have released new self drive functionality that surpasses Teslas - Tesla disabled sensor based self drive and rely only on cameras which is IMHO a bit risky
    So just so I'm understanding this...the vehicle you've bought or more likely leased believing it offers something/ feature, that something/ feature with no warning or explanation from the manufacturer has been turned off...seems a bit high handed of them. Do you never really own a Tesla then...
    Musk would have to pay me* to drive one his ugly cars around, then I wouldn't mind too much being part of an ongoing fine tuning, changing features process.

*None of that crypto crap either. Lolz.
    Last edited by Passenger; 12th January 2023 at 11:07.

Fwiw JP Morgan have forecast new car prices will soften by between 2.5 and 5 percent this year, next. Time will tell.

As someone who has 2 businesses in this sector I'd have to say that JP Morgan couldn't be anymore wrong here and are far, far away from the sharp end of the real world market. What we see each day, and have done for the last 6 months at least, is that availability across the market is actually getting worse (not better) and pricing (driven by all both the component supply issues and EV ROI pricing by most manufacturers) will continue to rise in 2023.

You won't see the UK market start to normalise - so a return to a pre-2020 dynamic - until Q2/3 2024 at the very earliest. And personally I do not see EV/ICE price parity for a very long time, if at all pre 2030.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    As someone who has 2 businesses in this sector I'd have to say that JP Morgan couldn't be anymore wrong here and are far, far away from the sharp end of the real world market. What we see each day, and have done for the last 6 months at least, is that availability across the market is actually getting worse (not better) and pricing (driven by all both the component supply issues and EV ROI pricing by most manufacturers) will continue to rise in 2023.

You won't see the UK market start to normalise - so a return to a pre-2020 dynamic - until Q2/3 2024 at the very earliest. And personally I do not see EV/ICE price parity for a very long time, if at all pre 2030.
    Always interesting to get the view from the coal face as it were...2027 seems to be about the predicted point in time when EV´s get cheaper to make than ICE, this from reasonableish I think sources, so we´ll see.
    I´d be surprised that with interest rates up , a recession and cost of living crisis, if car purchasers don´t stick for now and see if the FUTURE doesn´t come down in price a bit to more closely match their means...households in the UK already carry a fair amount of debt load, it would imho be imprudent to load up with additional, though people do sometimes act against their own best interests...nevertheless the earlier linked article from This Is Money does appear to support this ´let´s pause and take a beat´ type of view. Time will tell.
    Last edited by Passenger; 12th January 2023 at 11:25.

So just so I'm understanding this...the vehicle you've bought or more likely leased believing it offers something/ feature, that something/ feature with no warning or explanation from the manufacturer has been turned off...seems a bit high handed of them. Do you never really own a Tesla then...
    Musk would have to pay me* to drive one his ugly cars around, then I wouldn't mind too much being part of an ongoing fine tuning, changing features process.

*None of that crypto crap either. Lolz.
    It won't be turned off on existing cars but the parts are there and disabled in new cars. Tesla think they don't need physical sensors and the cameras can do the same job but the reality is it saves something like 175 USD per car.

Weirdly the sensors in the Tesla are quite good and actually tell you the distance in inches until you get to the red light beeping, then it just says stop.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    It won't be turned off on existing cars but the parts are there and disabled in new cars. Tesla think they don't need physical sensors and the cameras can do the same job but the reality is it saves something like 175 USD per car.

Weirdly the sensors in the Tesla are quite good and actually tell you the distance in inches until you get to the red light beeping, then it just says stop.
    Ah thanks Wileeey, still weird, and he´d still have to pay me to drive one.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Anybody who solely uses full price fast chargers probably isn't worried about the cost. Everybody else takes advantage of subscription based deals or far less expensive slower charging when they don't need the car for a few hours, typically overnight.
    Point taken, however people living in apartments, maisonette and terraced houses or those tiny new builds without driveways or garages may not have any choice though.

Im sure it’s been pointed out that the vast majority of EV drivers are driving EV for tax purposes, not green credentials. Come 2035 (projected) and in theory only electric will be available new, I’d be interested to see how the infrastructure has improved for these people who can’t have a home charger.