Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
I understand that solid state batteries are coming along which promise to be cheaper, smaller, higher capacity, safer, and faster-charging. If true, this will change the electric car equation quite dramatically. Lower costs, lighter, longer range, and quicker to "refuel". Might make today's EVs an historical stepping stone. The technology isn't nearly mature yet.

Lots of companies are working on solid state batteries. One of the largest, with hundreds of patents already is... Toyota. Rumoured to be releasing a car with such batteries as early as this year. For those that don't buy a car often, it might be worth sitting this one out for a while. There will still be plenty of support for ICE for the next decade or three. And who knows, hydrogen fuel cells ("fool cells" as Musk would say) might turn out to be an alternative after all.

TT (no car at all #insert_halo_emoji)
Agree with this. Nice halo there.

Only a single car household here, ice, though we chose a small 1.2 l engine, no halo I'm afraid.

Seems daft to me though to cash it in after only 3 years of ownership in order to splurge on another vehicle, that is definitely dearer to buy, perhaps dearer in it's manufacturing toll, of debatable green creds and compromised utility, at this stage.