closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 20 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 4936

Thread: Electric cars-got to be a viable option now?

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Tesla delayed the order and then brought it forward so going to collect on Saturday.

Anyone else collecting in the next few weeks? Ryan? Hopefully wireless charging works and the USB sockets are installed.
    11th Dec from Thorpe Park

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Mine arrived a couple of hours ago. USBs there and wireless charging works on both slots. USBs in the back too. Absolutely delighted with it!
    Nice, really looking forward to it. We have a 70 mile journey straight after collecting and then a 50 mile trip back home in the evening so should be interesting.

The what car do you drive thread is going to get boring

Craftsman
    Nice, really looking forward to it. We have a 70 mile journey straight after collecting and then a 50 mile trip back home in the evening so should be interesting.

The what car do you drive thread is going to get boring
    Should be fine, forums suggest charge has been typically 40-50% on delivery, mine today was 35%. Hopefully you have a supercharger at your pick-up location - a few mins on that and you're set for the day!

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Nice to see them rolling in, the third one for the business has been brought forward to Monday delivery to the office.

Nice to see this morning that 2021.40.6 had landed and waypoints at long last.

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Nice to see them rolling in, the third one for the business has been brought forward to Monday delivery to the office.

Nice to see this morning that 2021.40.6 had landed and waypoints at long last.

Pitch
    Do you need to have the car connected to WiFi for the updates or will premium connectivity do the trick?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Salma Hayek's a Tesla fan anyway
    Whelp, now I'm a Tesla fan too!

Been mulling about an electric for a while, I live in Barcelona so battery inefficiency on cold weather isn't an issue. Long travels are going to be a concern because I just can't fill it up on the go, but I suppose I can rent a petrol one for those situations.

How's the resell value these days? that'd be my last concern.

Blog Entries
    Do you need to have the car connected to WiFi for the updates or will premium connectivity do the trick?
    I don’t know, I would think so but mine sits in the garage connected to the WiFi indoors.

It is great opening up in the morning and seeing a new update on the screen ready to load.. Waypoints is a great addition and the chime on TACC is nice. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.

Pitch

Needs to be WiFi to get the update, you will get the alert via 3G the update is there.

Blog Entries
    Can't say I'm not enjoying defrost on schedule depart in 15 mins

Pitch

Last edited by Pitch3110; 2nd December 2021 at 16:58.

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Needs to be WiFi to get the update, you will get the alert via 3G the update is there.
    Ah OK so I'd then just use my phone as a WiFi device or use a supercharger as I believe they have wifi

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Can't say I'm not enjoying defrost on schedule depart in 15 mins

Pitch

I thought all electric cars did that

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    I thought all electric cars did that
    They may well do buddy, not sure. On the M3 the scheduled depart and defrost through the app is just a nice touch this time of year, as is turning on the relevant butt warmers

Pitch

Craftsman
    Does anyone drive a Mercedes EQA? Any good?

This may be my best bet looking at a new car list I’ve been given. Left a company last week with model 3’s on the car list. Hopefully the only regret..
    Last edited by Chinese_Alan; 2nd December 2021 at 20:37.

They may well do buddy, not sure. On the M3 the scheduled depart and defrost through the app is just a nice touch this time of year, as is turning on the relevant butt warmers

Pitch
    It also seems to be GPS related so it will schedule a departure from different places at different times - although have only played around with it at the moment.

I saw an ioniq 5 last night driving home from work, it’s was pretty nice to look at!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 grand on a car and you have to queue to collect it in multi-storey car park. No sofa, no tea or coffee, can’t even do a quick wee while you wait.

Buying a clocked second hand Nissan Micra for £1k in a portacabin in Bradford has a better experience. Mental.

Master
    40 grand on a car and you have to queue to collect it in multi-storey car park. No sofa, no tea or coffee, can’t even do a quick wee while you wait.

Buying a clocked second hand Nissan Micra for £1k in a portacabin in Bradford has a better experience. Mental.

Yeah, but Tesla innit! ;-)

We had ours delivered.

Make sure you give it a good check over before you drive away, I understand they like to rush these things.

Enjoy the car though!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Yeah, but Tesla innit! ;-)

We had ours delivered.

Make sure you give it a good check over before you drive away, I understand they like to rush these things.

Enjoy the car though!
    Probably the same people who queue round the block for the latest iPhone.

Blog Entries
    Same when we collected the last one for one of my guys at BW although we got there early and missed the rush.

For me, it remains a refreshing change from the normal b0ll)coks I had to endure with swanky German brands.

Pop it on a SC and pop into the shops for some breakie.

Enjoy and have fun, remember you are still a guinea pig.

Pitch

Not in South West London Darling ;)

Some would assume that the £40k car would be a number of £k more, if you were to sit in a franchised "gin palace" populated by silly socked salespeople.

In reality, probably not.

No included heated rear seats or steering wheel. Don’t care about the rear, can buy that for £275, but would like to figure out the heated steering wheel.

Quite a cool car. Screen is nice but distracting when you want to change stations etc but the lane assist seems to cope with it fine.

The car came absolutely filthy on the outside and still with a load of numbers/letters in block caps written on the windscreen. They said to drop an email and they’ll pay for a wash.

No included heated rear seats or steering wheel. Don’t care about the rear, can buy that for £275, but would like to figure out the heated steering wheel.

Quite a cool car. Screen is nice but distracting when you want to change stations etc but the lane assist seems to cope with it fine.

The car came absolutely filthy on the outside and still with a load of numbers/letters in block caps written on the windscreen. They said to drop an email and they’ll pay for a wash.

You will get the heated steering and back seats in a week or so when it updates software mate. Also it says on your app pic that the £275 includes heated steering wheel but don't do it - wait for the software update and it will be free
    Last edited by ryanb741; 4th December 2021 at 15:24.

I picked mine up slightly after you. You've actually taken a picture of it, the blue one closest to the desk

Mine came dirty as hell on the outside. He apologised, but like you I'm left cold by the buying experience.

I'm used to a bottle of bubbly and someone pairing my phone for me.

Ok thanks, will give it a week or two then. Was lovely to come back to the car and it was a decent temp.

Currently at the supercharger while my wife watches trash TV on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by guinea View Post
    I picked mine up slightly after you. You've actually taken a picture of it, the blue one closest to the desk

Mine came dirty as hell on the outside. He apologised, but like you I'm left cold by the buying experience.

I'm used to a bottle of bubbly and someone pairing my phone for me.
    They told me to email deliverygb@tesla.com and they’ll give back up to £20 for an external clean. I would do the same if I were you.

Ok thanks, will give it a week or two then. Was lovely to come back to the car and it was a decent temp.

Currently at the supercharger while my wife watches trash TV on Netflix.
    Are you finding it quick? Whilst the 0-60 is slower than the LR between 40-80 it is actually faster and in the real world that's where you'd want the acceleration as you will rarely need to go from 0-60 in a hurry but often will need to go from say 50-80 fast on a motorway

Are you finding it quick? Whilst the 0-60 is slower than the LR between 40-80 it is actually faster and in the real world that's where you'd want the acceleration as you will rarely need to go from 0-60 in a hurry but often will need to go from say 50-80 fast on a motorway
    I had it in chill mode today as I did 120 miles of motorway driving. I’ll probably set my profile to standard and my wife’s to chill.

GLC and 1 Series drive better imo but I’m keeping the entire package in mind.

I had it in chill mode today as I did 120 miles of motorway driving. I’ll probably set my profile to standard and my wife’s to chill.

GLC and 1 Series drive better imo but I’m keeping the entire package in mind.
    Chill mode? What a waste of 120 miles

Do you guys register with all the different apps? Do I really have to sign up with Zap-Map, chargemaster, shell recharge and BP?

Signed up with BP earlier as that is the closest fast charger and they want to send me out a keychain or a card. Do you really need this or can you just use your phone?

Blog Entries
    I would say yes to Zap Map it is handy and the only other I use is pod point as all the local free ones are Pod at Tesco’s and it do make good use of them.

Hope all you new M3 chaps are having fun.

Pitch
    Last edited by Pitch3110; 5th December 2021 at 15:21. Reason: Added Tesco

Craftsman
    I would say yes to Zap Map it is handy and the only other I use is pod point as all the local free ones are Pod and it do make good use of them.

Hope all you new M3 chaps are having fun.

Pitch
    Lots of fun! Took my LR our yesterday on a long run, picked up some mates before we went out for dinner, and showed off a bit :) This car is the sweet spot for me, I absolutely love it! Have to say, my delivery ordering and delivery experience was faultless, so fair play to lease company and Tesla on that one - seems like it is a bit less fluid if you have to collect onsite.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I’ve driven from Sheffield to Reading today in my subscription Zoe. It’s taken me 5hrs to do a usual 3.5hr drive.

The Zoe range should be capable of the full distance but whether it’s the cold, it’s range has dropped. So I had 146 when I set off on a 174 mile drive knowing I’d need one stop.

I tried 3 places with no joy. Didn’t know you can only charge one car at BP pulse despite 2 parking spaces. My works genie card didn’t work at a Morrisons and a BP pulse would not register then went out of order. I’ve seen that once before. I finally managed to get a charge after a 5 min reset of the pulse machine but by then someone had arrived so I felt guilty staying too long and did a 30 min charge. I then needed to charge again just before reading as I’ve seen the car lose mileage overnight and need to drive to Bracknell for work tomorrow so wanted to be sure I had enough (I can charge at work). In fairness, at InstaVolt (who I feel are very good) it gave me 14 miles charge in 6 mins and enough to get me to work tomorrow. However, 3 failed attempts today and as I say 5hrs to do a 3.5hr journey. I wouldn’t have minded that if I’d done a full charge at some point.

The infrastructure other than Tesla is just poor. Every time I speak to someone at a charging station they say similar. I have a Tesla Model Y on order but an cancelling - not for this reason, but this has made me realise the challenges.

It works for many I have no doubt. For me at the moment, just nowhere near ready or enough.

Master
    That sounds painful & a reason I’m not ready to make the shift yet.

If I still had my own company, I’d do it purely for the tax relief, but just not worth it for my current needs at present.

Will get used to being slower on the road vs a 4 door family car, but there is no way the electric driver will be having as much fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    /\ precisely the reason why Tesla is really the only option at this point for someone who uses their car around the country.

Why cancel the Model Y? This wouldn’t have happened to you in that car.

Had it in standard mode into central London and back tonight. Wife wasn’t keen in the passenger seat but it was rapid, almost felt like being back on the motorbike. You can get into any gap, get through any amber light before it gets red, zero delay.

Trying to figure out the podpoint app and top up in the pouring rain while bursting for a wee wasn’t ideal but got there in the end.

They need memory on the passenger seats. Swapped over with my wife to let her drive a bit and smacked my head off the roof getting in the passenger seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    /\ precisely the reason why Tesla is really the only option at this point for someone who uses their car around the country.

To be fair I’ve ordered a diesel velar and ordered the Y when orders came out. But I fancy the luxury of the velar. This makes me think velar now, electric next.

I do a lot of distance so like I say it just Doesn’t work now. In the future I’m sure it will. Just not yet.

I think the Y would be fine but happy to hang fire a bit based on a little bit of luxury (completely ignoring the JLR challenges!)

Had it in standard mode into central London and back tonight. Wife wasn’t keen in the passenger seat but it was rapid, almost felt like being back on the motorbike. You can get into any gap, get through any amber light before it gets red, zero delay.

Trying to figure out the podpoint app and top up in the pouring rain while bursting for a wee wasn’t ideal but got there in the end.

They need memory on the passenger seats. Swapped over with my wife to let her drive a bit and smacked my head off the roof getting in the passenger seat.
    Did you set up a profile for both your wife and yourself? That way you can save the seats, heating, steering, mode, music etc for each profile. Also you can set it for easy entry so the seats move out of the way for access

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post

Not my experience, we have a Tesla and an ID.3, there is very little practical difference between them for us.

I’ve covered 23k miles in the ID.3 this last 12 months, and the Tesla has done 9k since March.

It takes a bit of planning in both cars, but certainly works for us.

Master
    Did you set up a profile for both your wife and yourself? That way you can save the seats, heating, steering, mode, music etc for each profile. Also you can set it for easy entry so the seats move out of the way for access
    Even on the PAX side? Yet to see memory on that side, but always wanted a car with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Even on the PAX side? Yet to see memory on that side, but always wanted a car with it.

The Velar I just sold had it. Assume the Tesla has but I only pick up Saturday so don't know for sure

Talking of comparing the buying experience, when you pick up a new one, does it come with a quarter 'tank' of charge?

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Talking of comparing the buying experience, when you pick up a new one, does it come with a quarter 'tank' of charge?

I've heard anything from 40% to 80% charge. Pretty underwhelming experiences by all accounts. Usually are told to look at some videos on how to operate the car prior to pick up. When you get there they check name and driving licence then you get the key cards to the car and that's it. No showing you how to use it or whatever. Toodle pip and off you go

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    I’ve driven from Sheffield to Reading today in my subscription Zoe. It’s taken me 5hrs to do a usual 3.5hr drive.

The Zoe range should be capable of the full distance but whether it’s the cold, it’s range has dropped. So I had 146 when I set off on a 174 mile drive knowing I’d need one stop.
    The range in the Zoe does seem to suffer badly in cold weather. In theory it should be good for 250+ miles per charge but my wife’s got one and it is more like 160 this time of year. The last couple of weeks whilst the weather has been colder it has displayed a message that the regen was limited due to a cold battery which can’t be helping. In contrast my E-tron should do 240 in optimal conditions and is still showing 210 this week with heaters, seat warming, lights etc on.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    All EVs will take a hit in the cold/wet/wind, as do ICE cars, it’s just that you don’t notice it as much when you have the equivalent of 450+ kWh of battery on board.

Blog Entries
    I've heard anything from 40% to 80% charge. Pretty underwhelming experiences by all accounts. Usually are told to look at some videos on how to operate the car prior to pick up. When you get there they check name and driving licence then you get the key cards to the car and that's it. No showing you how to use it or whatever. Toodle pip and off you go
    You have that in one fella, that’s it.

Pitch

Master
    The Velar I just sold had it. Assume the Tesla has but I only pick up Saturday so don't know for sure
    Cheers. Had never spotted it on any other cars.

Got that set up but doesn’t seem to have a setting for passenger memory. Saw a tweet from Elon in the summer saying they would look into it so there is hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    The GLC we traded in had it and the in-laws XC90 has it but I don’t know how common an option it is. Our Qashqai had electric driver (no memory) but manual passenger.

Got told “it should have 30-40%” when we collected ours but I changed the range display from percentage to miles and forgot to check the percentage.

Got told “it should have 30-40%” when we collected ours but I changed the range display from percentage to miles and forgot to check the percentage.
    That's pretty poor tbh. I genuinely asked as a joke, as I assumed they'd come fully charged. They do fully inflate the tyres, don't they?

That's pretty poor tbh. I genuinely asked as a joke, as I assumed they'd come fully charged. They do fully inflate the tyres, don't they?
    The tyre pressure is quite high actually, probably not helping the ride comfort. Mine are showing as 42psi on all corners.