closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 64 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,200 of 4936

Thread: Electric cars-got to be a viable option now?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    There is also Kerbo Charge who cut a slot in the pavement for the cable. If the OP is using the 3pin each night then maybe an EV charger once a week would be a good way to reduce the risk ?

https://www.kerbocharge.com/#howitworks
    That is even better than the flat cable, maintains the standard cable & seems to be able to use across / through different surfaces.

This sort of thing needs to be adopted and supported / enforced by councils otherwise it’s going to be bloody awful out there if people don’t have / can’t convert a small front garden to create off street parking solutions.

Even then though it is a challenge, as you don’t own the piece of road outside your house, so can’t always guarantee the ability to park there.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    This will be the fifth time we have insured it, last year it increased a bit, this year it seams that the market has changed completely
    When I ordered my EV last November, my gross monthly payment seemed reasonable.

This seemed like the sweet spot as EV residuals were good and insurance was probably reasonable.

I reckon there would be a very a stiff increase if I tried to get the same deal today given the way residuals/insurance has gone.

This is interesting

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...ve-insure.html

I read somewhere that insurance companies are writing off cars for small knocks as the dealers are quoting ridiculous amounts to fix them

Master
    Blog Entries
    That’s crazy about the model Y and unable to repair crash damage

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    That’s crazy about the model Y and unable to repair crash damage
    Normal everyday body damage can of course be repaired (albeit expensively at Tesla approved body shops) but the way Tesla have designed and built the Y with its structural battery pack is good for build costs, but not great should that bit take a serious hit in an accident.

Google brings up a few articles on the Y and EVs/Hybrids more generally being readily written off, but looking at the damage to cars in a lot of the pictures they’d be written off whatever was powering them.

It’s an insurance company problem by the sounds of it, but that’s perhaps unfair as if there are not sufficient bodyshops and people trained to work on and around high voltage systems in vehicles then they may have no option of repair yet.

Craftsman
    The Ipace is made by Magna so I would have expected a fairly high percentage of shared parts, obviously I don’t know what Jaguar dealers charge to fix them
    It’s simply assembled by Magna - they had no input into the engineering design

Quote Originally Posted by mk2driver View Post
    It’s simply assembled by Magna - they had no input into the engineering design
    Made and assembled are the same thing to most people, unlike most JLR products they are open about it,

It has truck loads of carryover components, it’s nearly a freelander………sorry Evoke
    Last edited by adrianw; 11th September 2023 at 21:11.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazydonkey View Post
    I'm maybe late to the party but i've just moved to intelligent octopus and it seems a bit of a no brainer. All the discounted overnight tarrifs i looked at upped the day rate to compensate and, as we don't do huge miles, it wasn't always worth it for us.

Intelligent octopus doesn't do that, it's the standard day rate and then 7.5p overnight. It also communicates with your car and decided when it's going to charge based on grid load etc etc etc. I assumed it would need a smart charger but it's working on our 3 pin to our i3s.

Very very clever and worth a look

https://octopus.energy/smart/intelligent-octopus/
    Thanks for the heads up on this. The day rate is almost exactly the same as I was paying, but from tomorrow I should have 7.5p from 11:30 to 05:30. It’s over 75% cheaper.
    I don’t know exactly how it works, but I’m assuming my 50KW car will cost roughly 50 x 7.5p or £3.75 to charge. It does close to 200 miles range in the summer and the worst ever was a freezing long motorway trip in December at about 130 miles.
    Even at 130 that’s the equivalent of 200mpg if my maths are correct. Seems too good to be true, so I’ve probably missed something.
    Last edited by Cynar; 11th September 2023 at 23:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynar View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on this. The day rate is almost exactly the same as I was paying, but from tomorrow I should have 7.5p from 11:30 to 05:30. It’s over 75% cheaper.
    I don’t know exactly how it works, but I’m assuming my 50KW car will cost roughly 50 x 7.5p or £3.75 to charge. It does close to 200 miles range in the summer and the worst ever was a freezing long motorway trip in December at about 130 miles.
    Even at 130 that’s the equivalent of 200mpg if my maths are correct. Seems too good to be true, so Ive probably missed something.
    When we did the number’s two months ago Octopus Go was the lowest cost,

Master
    When we did the number’s two months ago Octopus Go was the lowest cost,
    Maybe depends on where you are. For me it’s identical apart from being more expensive overnight at 9.5p.

Prompted by another thread about dark sides elsewhere on the forum I got to thinking about Lithium and came upon this piece, quite interesting

https://www.euronews.com/green/2022/...lectric-future

Is the supply of lithium really going to run out in a decade as one expert implies at the end of the article? Will that effect EV viability...
    Last edited by Passenger; 12th September 2023 at 11:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Prompted by another thread about dark sides elsewhere on the forum I got to thinking about Lithium and came upon this piece, quite interesting

https://www.euronews.com/green/2022/...lectric-future

Is the supply of lithium really going to run out in a decade as one expert implies at the end of the article? Will that effect EV viability...

https://themeghalayan.com/china-cont...ies%20reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynar View Post
    Maybe depends on where you are. For me it’s identical apart from being more expensive overnight at 9.5p.
    Thanks - I am on Go, but have just had another look at this...

My car is compatible so it does look a good idea to get another couple hours low rate for other things as well as the car. My question is do I have to charge the car ? I have free charging at work so unless doing a trip only charge to 50% to cover weekend use.

I suppose if I don't plug the car in or set the limit to 50% then it won't charge - provided it only charged to 50% then I wouldn't mind the odd top up as be very cheap I suppose ?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Nope it is all EVs. Repair costs are high, also performance can be very high even on base spec models (eg the cheapest Tesla Model 3 will accelerate faster than a Porsche Boxster or Cayman) so I suspect quite a few drivers with heavy right feet may be contributing to the increase
    Are EVs put in higher insurance groups or they just charge on top of what might be the ‘normal’ premium because they are EVs?

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I love those photos of beautifully tarmacs flat pavements.

Our pavement has been dug up and re-dug up multiple times for a multitude of cables and water meter etc.

Not sure the solution is appropriate for anything but a flat pavement, and ours is anything but.
    Agreed and surprised that councils would allow this - the pavement will end up looking an even worse mess, esp if different companies get involved.
    If utilities or council do work on the pavement they won’t want to get involved in reinstating the things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Are EVs put in higher insurance groups or they just charge on top of what might be the ‘normal’ premium because they are EVs?
    I have read that insurance companies are insisting on battery replacement even for very minor knocks, just in case, it is suggested that this is the root cause of the sudden uplift in premiums and disinterest from several companies.

I have read that insurance companies are insisting on battery replacement even for very minor knocks, just in case, it is suggested that this is the root cause of the sudden uplift in premiums and disinterest from several companies.
    Yes, get that but is insurance cost commensurate with insurance group?
    If I look at an EV in group 38 - will insurance be similar to an ICE also in group 38?

Yes, get that but is insurance cost commensurate with insurance group?
    If I look at an EV in group 38 - will insurance be similar to an ICE also in group 38?
    currently I am being quoted more for the group 47 Ipace than my three group 50 car’s combined

currently I am being quoted more for the group 47 Ipace than my three group 50 car’s combined
    Thanks - seems these groups are pretty meaningless!

Agreed and surprised that councils would allow this - the pavement will end up looking an even worse mess, esp if different companies get involved.
    If utilities or council do work on the pavement they won’t want to get involved in reinstating the things.
    They seem to be approved - and provide a licensing pack.

“We are delighted to have been selected to pilot this pioneering technology which will make owning an electric vehicle accessible to more of our residents.”
    Cllr John Shuttleworth, Cabinet member for Highways, Durham County Council

Or wait for the associated law suits to become the next thing to bankrupt a council...

“We are delighted to have been selected to pilot this pioneering technology which will make owning an electric vehicle accessible to more of our residents.”
    Cllr John Shuttleworth, Cabinet member for Highways, Durham County Council...

Really? Does Shuttleworth fan Magirus (and where is he, BTW?) know?
    ______

​Jim.

Craftsman
    Could be, Aplan told me out of 29, 22 companies no bid and the others were very high. Aviva no bid, so did Direct line

I think they’ve worked out how much they cost to fix , the taycan fiasco can’t do EVs any favours
    I think the iPace has been badly affected by insurance rises. I was considering one so joined one of the owners groups to see about potential issues. Insurance now seems to be a thing even for what you would consider low risk drivers.
    I've just renewed on my BMW 520D at £320 - the equivalent iPace lowest quote I could get was £1200 !
    I'm afraid this amongst other issues has put me off buying one.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

After the collapse of Onto yesterday you are going to see them dumping about 7,000 EV's from their fleet onto (see what I did there?!) the market and that will hit RV's for the sector very hard once again.....

https://news.sky.com/story/electric-...-plug-12959126

Same rules for EV's apply for the market. Lease or PCP it and don't buy one outright!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    After the collapse of Onto yesterday you are going to see them dumping about 7,000 EV's from their fleet onto (see what I did there?!) the market and that will hit RV's for the sector very hard once again.....

Same rules for EV's apply for the market. Lease or PCP it and don't buy one outright!!
    Essentially this is just normalisation - EVs were being treated very differently to the rest of the car market, but supply/demand equalisation means that, surprise, they depreciate the same as anything else. The most expensive ones will depreciate the fastest, the tiddlers far less quickly, same as it's always been with cars. As a result my local garage has a 2018 Model X 90 up for £30k, which is a massive depreciation hit. Another place 400 yards away has an 2019 iPace (don't know the spec) for £29k. There's still some way to go and prices are currently dropping like a stone, but a (say) £20k iPace would suit me very well and if I could ever get over my loathing of Musk I'd be very happy to give house room to a Model X. Yes, these are both expensive to own/run/insure, but I've checked and I could get cover for about £800 for either of these cars, which is the same as the Mercedes S-Class I used to drive.

Looks like our governments EV strategy is working well. If the insurance companies have a good go at killing the marked they will have a scapegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Longblackcoat View Post
    Essentially this is just normalisation - EVs were being treated very differently to the rest of the car market, but supply/demand equalisation means that, surprise, they depreciate the same as anything else. The most expensive ones will depreciate the fastest, the tiddlers far less quickly, same as it's always been with cars. As a result my local garage has a 2018 Model X 90 up for £30k, which is a massive depreciation hit. Another place 400 yards away has an 2019 iPace (don't know the spec) for £29k. There's still some way to go and prices are currently dropping like a stone, but a (say) £20k iPace would suit me very well and if I could ever get over my loathing of Musk I'd be very happy to give house room to a Model X. Yes, these are both expensive to own/run/insure, but I've checked and I could get cover for about £800 for either of these cars, which is the same as the Mercedes S-Class I used to drive.
    Where can you insure an Ipace today for £800, I’ll give them a call

Master

Not really surprised that they’ve gone pop, an enthusiastic start up with a referral model, but looks like it just didn’t scale up.

For anybody still looking for short term lease/subscription of an EV, or any other car, looks like these are the options;

JLR Pivotal
    Hyundai Mocean
    Volvo
    Renault
    Genesis

Onto style companies;

Elmodrive
    EZoo

Market wide round up here;

https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/the-b...ion-providers/

Quote Originally Posted by Longblackcoat View Post
    Well, no…that’s (normalisation) not quite correct I’m afraid.

Early EV’s and PHEV’s were biblical depreciating nightmares until they started to reach some critical mass 5 years ago. For example, early trailblazers like the BMW i3 and i8’s collapsed in value through their depreciation curve as the market still couldn’t get their heads round them and they were seen as the curveball choice…..as were early Tesla’s and other brands of EV’s too.

But then we had the government driving people like lemmings into EV’s by introducing timelines to cease the sales of all new ICE’s by 2035/2032/2030 (take your pick which one prevails) but then we had the covid bubble……and suddenly EV’s made sense for both corporate and private buyers so the market exploded (as did residuals that saw some EV’s lose almost no value over 12-18 months of ownership) until the next “big thing” happened which was/is the cost of living crisis and fuelled by spiralling electricity costs that pushed the EV market to where it is now…..which is that all EV manufacturers are desperately trying to incentivise sales in a market that is in big trouble now. And it’s not helped by that loon Musk dropping prices at a whim to hit quarterly earnings to keep the markets happy but ruin the value of their brand and the EV market per se.

And who really wants to own an old EV out of warranty too? That’s the medium to long term killer for them given the battery and tech concerns.

Early EV’s and PHEV’s were biblical depreciating nightmares until they started to reach some critical mass 5 years ago. For example, early trailblazers like the BMW i3 and i8’s collapsed in value through their depreciation curve as the market still couldn’t get their heads round them and they were seen as the curveball choice…..as were early Tesla’s and other brands of EV’s too.

But then we had the government driving people like lemmings into EV’s by introducing timelines to cease the sales of all new ICE’s by 2035/2032/2030 (take your pick which one prevails) but then we had the covid bubble……and suddenly EV’s made sense for both corporate and private buyers so the market exploded (as did residuals that saw some EV’s lose almost no value over 12-18 months of ownership) until the next “big thing” happened which was/is the cost of living crisis and fuelled by spiralling electricity costs that pushed the EV market to where it is now…..which is that all EV manufacturers are desperately trying to incentivise sales in a market that is in big trouble now. And it’s not helped by that loon Musk dropping prices at a whim to hit quarterly earnings to keep the markets happy but ruin the value of their brand and the EV market per se.

And who really wants to own an old EV out of warranty too? That’s the medium to long term killer for them given the battery and tech concerns.
    It's always been a zero sum game.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master

Electric cars-got to be a viable option now?

Cllr John Shuttleworth, Cabinet member for Highways, Durham County Council

Or wait for the associated law suits to become the next thing to bankrupt a council...
    That is how I read their process, and is the most logical approach. You can even see multiple tarmac repaired surfaces in their videos, so can be done across variable undulations or substrate.

If you buy an EV, but have to park on the road, then surely this should be the solution you push for. I certainly wouldn’t skimp on making it as easy as possible for people to navigate over.

Still a struggle to ensure you are parked outside your house though, unless you’re of those using another car or cones to secure your space.

Their tongue in cheek videos tripping up are only the start of law suits I bet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mj2k; 12th September 2023 at 21:09.

Master

Anybody remember the summer of 2022 when fuel prices were topping £2 a litre?

That was a factor as well, along with the BIK rates for company EVs to prime the used EV market. The latter is still going strong, and the number of EVs hitting the roads continues to grow every month.

It’s not me saying that either;

https://www.acea.auto/pc-registratio...-market-share/

BEVs are now 15% of all cars sold across Europe, nearly 50% of cars have some form of electrification be that HEV or PHEV.

Honestly, batteries are holding up very well on any EV built since the Nissan Leaf, and even those are ok. Of all the reasons people come up with to worry about owning a used EV, batteries isn’t a valid one in my view.

It’s a long transition, there will be a mix of fuel types to suit peoples needs for decades yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Anybody remember the summer of 2022 when fuel prices were topping £2 a litre?

That was a factor as well, along with the BIK rates for company EVs to prime the used EV market. The latter is still going strong, and the number of EVs hitting the roads continues to grow every month.

It’s not me saying that either;

https://www.acea.auto/pc-registratio...-market-share/

BEVs are now 15% of all cars sold across Europe, nearly 50% of cars have some form of electrification be that HEV or PHEV.

Honestly, batteries are holding up very well on any EV built since the Nissan Leaf, and even those are ok. Of all the reasons people come up with to worry about owning a used EV, batteries isn’t a valid one in my view.

It’s a long transition, there will be a mix of fuel types to suit peoples needs for decades yet.
    I don’t think there is enough data available to say that batteries are or will hold up, what will the failure mode be? Hopefully a very gradual shortening of range and not the horror of a light on the dash one morning, saying the battery is dead.

Master
    I don’t think there is enough data available to say that batteries are or will hold up, what will the failure mode be? Hopefully a very gradual shortening of range and not the horror of a light on the dash one morning, saying the battery is dead.
    Everything I’ve read, and it fits with what we know about current battery chemistries, is that battery degradation is a thing and it’s pretty constant and predictable.

There are Tesla’s over 10 years old now with starship mileages that show hardly any degradation/capacity loss, average capacity left after 10 years is 82.5% according to studies I’ve seen. So much common knowledge and EV folklore is either based on early passively cooled Leaf batteries, or just made up or extrapolated from other battery life use cases.

Power electronics could fail of course, which would be your light on dash moment, but the current crop of cars have 100k miles/8 year battery and power train warranties, which I don’t think mainstream manufacturers would be offering if they weren’t confident they’d do it.

I’m 40k miles into my current EV, not noticing any drop in range or performance, and even if it lost 25% of its capacity at 10 years old it would still be an eminently useful car for a lot of people, me included.

I think the Tesla 3/Y have a design life of 20 years/300k miles, whether that’s typical I don’t know, but I don’t think Jaguar/VAG/BMW/Merc etc are in the business of building disposable vehicles just yet.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just seen some pics of the m60 i5, I’m a fan. Doubt it’s on my works scheme though

I’ve had my Model 3 Performance a year in a couple of weeks time. Currently on 18k miles and all charges undertaken on the public network. I drove from South Northants to Gleneagles on Thursday, stopping at a couple of Suoerchargers and then topping up on a 22kw Fuuse charger at the hotel.

I’m insured with Admiral as I struggled to find many other companies who would quote, I’m 42 and live in an A postcode. Premium last year was around £1k and renewal is £1,400

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Everything I’ve read, and it fits with what we know about current battery chemistries, is that battery degradation is a thing and it’s pretty constant and predictable.

There are Tesla’s over 10 years old now with starship mileages that show hardly any degradation/capacity loss, average capacity left after 10 years is 82.5% according to studies I’ve seen. So much common knowledge and EV folklore is either based on early passively cooled Leaf batteries, or just made up or extrapolated from other battery life use cases.

Power electronics could fail of course, which would be your light on dash moment, but the current crop of cars have 100k miles/8 year battery and power train warranties, which I don’t think mainstream manufacturers would be offering if they weren’t confident they’d do it.

I’m 40k miles into my current EV, not noticing any drop in range or performance, and even if it lost 25% of its capacity at 10 years old it would still be an eminently useful car for a lot of people, me included.

I think the Tesla 3/Y have a design life of 20 years/300k miles, whether that’s typical I don’t know, but I don’t think Jaguar/VAG/BMW/Merc etc are in the business of building disposable vehicles just yet.
    Also bear in mind up to about 2017 Tesla came with free supercharging for life (as well as an 8 year battery warranty) so plenty were used as taxi/limo and fast charged a lot.

I charge my 24kwhr Nissan van to 100% five days a week. It’s 8 1/2 years old with over 64,000 miles on the clock.
    The battery degradation has been minimal; the low battery notification now illuminated at 20% battery as opposed to the 19% when new. I’ve lost maybe three or four miles of range.

I think I can live with that.

Edit : whilst I charge at home 99% of the time, I do occasionally use a rapid charger.
    Last edited by Dave+63; 13th September 2023 at 07:34.

Master
    Thanks - I am on Go, but have just had another look at this...

My car is compatible so it does look a good idea to get another couple hours low rate for other things as well as the car. My question is do I have to charge the car ? I have free charging at work so unless doing a trip only charge to 50% to cover weekend use.

I suppose if I don't plug the car in or set the limit to 50% then it won't charge - provided it only charged to 50% then I wouldn't mind the odd top up as be very cheap I suppose ?
    As far as I know there’s no requirement to charge your car. It appears to be like the old economy 7 where all your electricity is at a cheap rate for a certain period. It does ask what car and charger you have, but I suspect this is because EV charging is the big attraction so they need to tell you if yours will be compatible.

I wish they’d hurry up as I’m still on an interim tariff while they connect to my smart meter. It says it can take up to 2 weeks, although it’s already working as I can see the readings in my account. It’s going to be unbelievably economical. It had got to the point where refuelling wasn’t much different to ICE, equivalent to 50-60 mpg. Soon I’ll be getting four times that!
    Last edited by Cynar; 13th September 2023 at 15:24.

Master

The Telegraph? Saying negative things about EVs?

Colour me shocked.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Next year in the Spring we are going to start driving down to Spain for a couple of months twice a year. My X3 2.0d will be 3 years old next April so will use that next year, I shall then order another one for the following 4 years, solely because I can fill it up and it’s good for 600 miles minimum. Until I can buy a EV that can comfortably cover 500 miles in whatever conditions and comforts I use on the car they can swivel.

If this Government or anyone else thinks 2030 will be the cut off point for petrol and diesel cars you are delusional, there are already calls now for the idiots in Westminster to put it back to at least 2035. This country is crap at putting enough infrastructure to cope with charging EVs and it’s not going to get better anytime soon. We were duped before with Governments saying buy diesel it’s the way forward, look how that turned out screwing us to the floor now.

Master
    High Pèak Autos on You Tube took an old S Class to John o Groats recently. Did 700 miles I think before a refill

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    If this Government or anyone else thinks 2030 will be the cut off point for petrol and diesel cars you are delusional, there are already calls now for the idiots in Westminster to put it back to at least 2035. This country is crap at putting enough infrastructure to cope with charging EVs and it’s not going to get better anytime soon. We were duped before with Governments saying buy diesel it’s the way forward, look how that turned out screwing us to the floor now.
    2030 is currently the date that new cars powered solely by petrol or diesel will be banned from sale, but hybrids with ‘substantial electric only running’ will still be on sale until 2035.

That’s over a decade away.

The problem for any government going its own way and moving dates now is that the manufacturers are designing and building vehicles that will comply and legally be able to be sold with the Europe wide legislation that will be in place.

I don’t think the manufacturers are going to build ‘UK only’ models unless we’re in step with other markets to make it worthwhile.

Diesel, petrol and electric powered vehicles will exist side by side for a couple of decades at least, but we’ll see what happens.

I don’t think anybody needs to panic though.

Master
    The story itself seems to contradict the graph in the middle of it showing a steady and ongoing increase in demand for EVs?

Perhaps it’s electric VWs that people don’t want to buy.

From what I read when this story surfaced 6 months ago, they’re reducing the workforce in line with the reduction from the crazy high demands the previous 24 months or so.

The VAG group still seem to be doing ok EV sales wise in Europe compared to other groups though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Until I can buy a EV that can comfortably cover 500 miles in whatever conditions and comforts I use on the car they can swivel.
    I’ve never understood this argument. 70mph constant would see you driving non stop for 7 hours=490 miles. In reality driving 490 miles would take you even longer than 7 hours. A lot longer.
    1) you are never going to be driving at 70mph constant on any trip.
    2) it would be extremely dangerous to attempt that.
    I bought my Enyaq in Newcastle, a journey of over 350 miles to get back home. I stopped 3 times because I needed to stop three times to use the motorway service facilities. My bladder and hunger dictated my stopping times.
    First time I stopped I put the car on charge while I went to the toilet. I didn’t have to queue for a charger and 15 minutes later I was back on the road.
    My second stop, was a longer one (50 minutes from memory) but that was fine as I needed some food and again the toilet before heading off again. Didn’t have to wait for a charger this time either.
    My 3rd stop was for my boy to have some McNuggets. No charging necessary but I did use the loo again.
    There was nothing on that journey that took longer then had I done the same journey in a petrol or diesel.
    Point being you don’t NEED an EV with a 500 mile plus range as you would never be driving that distance without needing to stop anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Point being you don’t NEED an EV with a 500 mile plus range as you would never be driving that distance without needing to stop anyway.
    Loads of people just want to get to their destination (including me) without stopping, 500 miles or not.

Sometimes I don’t need the extra 2 hours added to the trip for unnecessary stop offs.

I just suck it up with an EV as I have no choice.

Master
    Loads of people just want to get to their destination (including me) without stopping, 500 miles or not.

Sometimes I don’t need the extra 2 hours added to the trip for unnecessary stop offs.

I just suck it up with an EV as I have no choice.
    Doing a 500 mile journey without a rest stop is just stupid and dangerous, full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Doing a 500 mile journey without a rest stop is just stupid and dangerous, full stop.
    Not when you swap the drivers seat with your wife.

Not when you swap the drivers seat with your wife.
    Please tell me you at least slow down?

Last edited by Dave+63; 15th September 2023 at 07:07.