closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Parked car hit by a Facebook buyer

Master

Parked car hit by a Facebook buyer

You couldn’t make it up.
    Sold a local girl in the village just setting up home my elderly mum’s settee for just £50 as she’s now in a home and clearing her flat out.
    Parked my car right outside the flat on double yellows to load it with moving packing cases whilst waiting for her to arrive and help her to get it to her car when her Bob The Builder dad turns up in his ancient battered Transit pickup and crashes straight into my car doing about £2K of damage and then blames me because I’m on double yellows .
    Not a word of thanks or remorse from her or dad,just his mobile number, name and reg # .
    Almost resigned to the fact I’ll get screwed again by insurance companies.

Some people have no decency. Unlucky scenario as I fear you may be right on the insurance thing, but hopefully not

On double yellow lines “You may stop to load or unload (unless there are also loading restrictions as described below)…”

https://www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk/road-markings.html

If you need any help, drop me a DM. I was an RTA solicitor in a previous life and have previously dealt with my own RTA claims.

Most painless way would probably be to contact his insurers directly. If you have his reg Google askmid which is a website run by the MIB. It will give you his insurers details and third party dept contact details.

Feel for you. I had a very nice hire car recently, £140k worth, and well beyond anything I normally drive. I decided to pick up my lad from school and parked it up the road. A few minutes later some lady in a transit had scratched right down the wing and bumper. When I ran over and spoke to her, her first words were “what the hell are you going driving a car like that on the school run”. Some people, and I feel your pain.

Master
    Thanks chaps,I’ve already written a statement along the lines suggested as I was honestly loading my car with tea chests going into my garage and helping him load the settee into his van.
    It’s a company car with a corporate broker so I’m going to have to report it to them but hoping they will put it down as a no blame claim otherwise I’m not going to able to take delivery of a new car in October which has a no claims in past 2 years insurance clause.
    I’m absolutely gutted that he could do that especially under the circumstances and just drive away.
    Will pay for the damage myself to get it sorted quickly with the current Contract Hire company.

Many years ago, I bought a brand new MG ZR. The PDI wasn't exactly up to scratch and the car had no radio in it! No probs, we'll get a radio, if you want you can take the car now or your part-ex. I drove the MG away sans radio, returning a week later to get the radio fitted.

I was sitting in the showroom chatting to the salesman when the workshop guy drove the car around to the front of the showroom, parking it about 25 yards away down a slope. You can already see where this is heading...

While in the showroom, a young woman parked her Mini directly outside and got out, she came into the showroom and spoke to another salesman.

Then I noticed... her Mini wasn't where she had left it... it was sitting neatly in the side of my week-old MG. The car was written off but the dealer made it right, I got a same-spec car in a nicer colour.

Best bit, the young lady was only at the garage to make payment for work that had been carried out on her car after she'd crashed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Many years ago, I bought a brand new MG ZR. The PDI wasn't exactly up to scratch and the car had no radio in it! No probs, we'll get a radio, if you want you can take the car now or your part-ex. I drove the MG away sans radio, returning a week later to get the radio fitted.

I was sitting in the showroom chatting to the salesman when the workshop guy drove the car around to the front of the showroom, parking it about 25 yards away down a slope. You can already see where this is heading...

While in the showroom, a young woman parked her Mini directly outside and got out, she came into the showroom and spoke to another salesman.

Then I noticed... her Mini wasn't where she had left it... it was sitting neatly in the side of my week-old MG. The car was written off but the dealer made it right, I got a same-spec car in a nicer colour.

Best bit, the young lady was only at the garage to make payment for work that had been carried out on her car after she'd crashed it.
    Blooming heck, some people should have their licences removed permanently...!

My premium went down after a non fault claim involving someone skidding into my parked car in the snow. Fingers crossed for you

Master

All sorted

Happy ending earlier today Admiral texted me admitting 100% liability and offered to pay for a replacement Defender whilst in bodyshop.
    They are organising everything I don’t even have to make a claim.
    It looks as if all the damaged panels are plastic so if they are pre-painted it may only take a day or so.
    Kungfupanda was spot on,I called my broker and he said exactly the same but before I had chance Admiral beat me to it.
    I’ve told them I don’t need a courtesy car to keep their costs down to a minimum.
    My faith in human nature is restored.
    Thanks for all the kind words of advice.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfupanda View Post
    If you need any help, drop me a DM. I was an RTA solicitor in a previous life and have previously dealt with my own RTA claims.

Most painless way would probably be to contact his insurers directly. If you have his reg Google askmid which is a website run by the MIB. It will give you his insurers details and third party dept contact details.
    I thought askmid only confirmed cover was in place, not who with?

Quote Originally Posted by hops View Post
    There’s an option to pay a nominal sum and confirm you’ve been in an RTA with the vehicle you want to check and they will provide you with all details of the third party insurer.
    Last edited by kungfupanda; 13th August 2021 at 15:55.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfupanda View Post
    There’s and option if you pay a nominal sum and confirm you’ve been in an RTA with the vehicle you want to check and they will provide you with all details of the third party insurer.
    Really good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by hops View Post
    I think that is correct for the public one. But if your are in the trade and have a login it does show the insurers name.

Quote Originally Posted by swatch View Post
    I think that is correct for the public one. But if your are in the trade and have a login it does show the insurers name.

If you’ve been involved in an RTA, you can pay £4.50 and get the TP insurer details here:

https://www.askmid.com/askmidenquiry.aspx