closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Stolen Watches - Help

Craftsman

Stolen Watches - Help

Hello all,

I’ve just heard my friend’s house got burglared. Am at their place now and everything is a mess. A few Rolex watches were stolen including the warranty cards so I want to try and report them stolen ASAP so the culprits don’t manage to sell them.

What’s the quickest way? I need to scramble around to try and find their serial numbers as I’m not sure if they would’ve kept a record.

Thanks
    Jason

Once you have the details it might be worth contacting Haywood Milton.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Once you have the details it might be worth contacting Haywood Milton.
    Ok thanks. Just very concerned as they’ve managed to find both the warranty cards and the actual watches which were stored in different places. So they could sell them easily.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Ok thanks. Just very concerned as they’ve managed to find both the warranty cards and the actual watches which were stored in different places. So they could sell them easily.
    I believe the industry have registers of stolen watches etc and you really need to get the watches listed on that as soon as possible. That might help if they try to sell to a dealer, but not so much if they offload them down the local pub.

Hope he gets them back.

Sorry to hear of your friends loss.

I suggest you report them on the link below and also give Rolex a call in the morning where you can report them via email.

https://www.thewatchregister.com/

We’re they bought new? If so Rolex will have the owner records and serial numbers etc. Sorry to hear about this.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    We’re they bought new? If so Rolex will have the owner records and serial numbers etc. Sorry to hear about this.
    I think you are myth-taken !

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear this sounds like someone knew where to find them?

I registered my IWC and Zenith numbers on my household insurance just in case.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Sorry to hear of your friends loss.

I suggest you report them on the link below and also give Rolex a call in the morning where you can report them via email.

https://www.thewatchregister.com/
    Very much this. You will need all the relevant details --- model reference, unique case number, dial and bracelet options if known, crime reference number, police station, officer and contact details, details of loss / theft, whether insured or not, etc . . . It can pay to collate all this information before you make contact, or you'll be frustrated going backwards and forwards.

Then yes, I would also be glad of the information, as I'm sure would the rest of the forum in the Lost & Found section.

It's worth making every effort, as stolen watches whose numbers are recorded / circulated DO often enough turn up, sometimes quickly and sometimes years later.

H

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    I think you are myth-taken !

I often am. I’m sure when I took mine in to Rolex st James though they had me as the registered owner and verified it to the serial number. Am I wrong on that memory?

I often am. I’m sure when I took mine in to Rolex st James though they had me as the registered owner and verified it to the serial number. Am I wrong on that memory?
    When I went in two weeks ago they asked if they could register the watch I went in about to me on their system. I said "I'm the original buyer, aren't I already on it?" No was the answer. Confused me too.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    When I went in two weeks ago they asked if they could register the watch I went in about to me on their system. I said "I'm the original buyer, aren't I already on it?" No was the answer. Confused me too.
    Maybe that was how it happened then, I assumed they were checking it was me and my watch, when actually they were taking my details to register it to me, even though I bought through an AD.

Maybe that was how it happened then, I assumed they were checking it was me and my watch, when actually they were taking my details to register it to me, even though I bought through an AD.
    I understand from when I was last in RSC a few months ago that they have now upgraded there database so everything is centralised / accessible on one system worldwide at the service centres.

I am guessing that is why they requested your details in order to update the system but could be wrong.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Sorry to hear this sounds like someone knew where to find them?

I registered my IWC and Zenith numbers on my household insurance just in case.
    Their whole house was turned inside out. Walls smashed in hollow parts, bathtub ‘side’ propped open, all rooms/drawers throughout the whole house fully emptied out.

The thieves were very specifically after very high value items as even branded bags, mobile phones/tablets and other electronics were left untouched. Even watches of a lower value were not taken.

I was at the scene before the police arrived and was painful to watch… I think a reminder for all of us to be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Very much this. You will need all the relevant details --- model reference, unique case number, dial and bracelet options if known, crime reference number, police station, officer and contact details, details of loss / theft, whether insured or not, etc . . . It can pay to collate all this information before you make contact, or you'll be frustrated going backwards and forwards.

Then yes, I would also be glad of the information, as I'm sure would the rest of the forum in the Lost & Found section.

It's worth making every effort, as stolen watches whose numbers are recorded / circulated DO often enough turn up, sometimes quickly and sometimes years later.

H
    Ok, I will try and get all those details. They don’t keep a record of the serial numbers so I will need to call the AD on their behalf. Will be in touch shortly once I have all the details. Thanks.

What you've described is quite worrying and the reason I only have one in the house at a time. The rest are never home, not worth the risk.

Sounds dreadful and with a massive clear up job at the house too. Hopefully the serials pop up somewhere and your friend gets some or all of them back.

I never keep the guarantee or papers etc with the watch, I take a photo of them when I get the watch and then keep them in a safe. The box and bits just sit in a wardrobe as they can easily be replaced.

To this day I still take a load of photos on the day I receive a watch regardless of what it is or how much it has cost, which can be a pain having to delete them all when the damn thing gets flipped.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 10th August 2021 at 08:16.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Just very concerned as they’ve managed to find both the warranty cards and the actual watches which were stored in different places
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I never keep the guarantee or papers etc with the watch, I take a photo of them when I get the watch and then keep them in a safe

Sorry to hear this. Hope you find the details you need and eventually someone is silly enough to take one of them for a service and you get it back (at least I hope the world works that way?)

A reminder to us all to update our insurance policies and note all the serial numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    losing the watches wouldnt hurt me as much as the home invasion and feeling of being helpless.

The damage sounds like they knew what he owned,so even if the watches wernt there the damage would still of happened in the search.

Master
    Sounds like they knew exactly what they were looking for especially if they went after warranty cards etc.
    They've definitely had information.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    There are some terrible people in this world..

Apprentice
    With my Rolex, serial number was included on original purchase receipt. This was WoS so could be different with other ADs.

Terrible situation.

Thats alot of damage and a lot of noise for what they were looking for...Did your friend not have an alarm or cameras set up in or out of the house? With what he had, it seems a sensible approach to get it installed...

I dont have the watches I used to have anymore, but my wife works from home and has clients visiting on a daily basis. I want her to feel somewhat safe if I'm not there, so I installed a small discreet camera on the front of the house, and several others covering most angles. They are all cloud based, and record anything that moves...Gives you a fighting chance to ID the culprits at least.

Craftsman
    this sounds awful! i was going to mention the same thing, did they not have any cameras or an alarm. surprising if they didn’t considering there are high value items in the home.