closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 5 million to spend? Go to Sotheby’s for…

Blog Entries

5 million to spend? Go to Sotheby’s for…

… a chance to buy this 911R.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/m...-911-r/1119386

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Shame it's LHD otherwise, well, you know... I still wouldn't have bought it.

With that kind of budget, I'd be heading to Italy to browse the racing 250s.

The other Porsche thread has put me off the idea. Can I buy a Skoda and put the money towards a Ming instead?

An R is one of the pinnacles of Porsche collecting. Estimate is off the scale unfortunately

It is beautiful. As an object to collect, if I had the money, sure, but for driving I think I'd probably convert a normal car to that spec.

Blog Entries
    These very early 911s catch a lot as well.

A few years back, a guy I vaguely know sold his 911 (then badged as '901' but Peugeot objected to that) for 675,000 euros to the Middle East. (After buying the car 15 yrs earlier in Arizona for 12,000K). The next one I saw was also an early 911/901 from a Finnish collector who sold it to a Dutch Porsche dealer for close to a million euros. According to rumours, this Finnish person has an extensive collection of unrestored early 911s. Unrestored as in: non-runners up to nicely patina'd cars. He bought them at a time when these cars were quite cheap. His idea was to buy them 'for a rainy day'. Good call from this guy!

Menno

Just to give you an idea of current classic Porsche prices: https://www.porscheclassiccentergeld.../stock-classic
    Last edited by thieuster; 10th August 2021 at 14:02.

Wow, they are even more in Europe than here. But yes, I got a sense last year that after a slight dip in 2019 the tide was turning again as suddenly during the first lockdown the market went a bit mad. Besides, anything "lightweight" is a multiplier.