closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tales from the Workshop; the holidays are over - back to work! (E-Type content)

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Tales from the Workshop; the holidays are over - back to work! (E-Type content)

As per title: after a two week hols closure, the shop opened again this morning. In the shop already the red Spitfire that was completely transformed over the last year or so. I've shown pics of that car in the past. Last thing (more or less) to be done is installing a new mohair hood. It was ordered in the UK and thanks to the infamous slow work by Dutch Customs, it didn't arrive on time to be installed before the shop closed.

With a few warm days ahead, the installing of the hood will be much simpler. The warmth will make it more flexible, easier to handle.

More interesting is a really beautiful(!!) E-Type Coupe. The car has undergone an extensive restoration at another shop at the other side of the country But sadly, the guy working on the car passed away last year. The owner now has asked our shop to complete the restoration. That's always a difficult one. Because there are always things you'd do differently than the guy who started the project... What's wise then: let it sit or do you start tinkering with that. First thing this morning was putting the car on the ramp for a thorough check - making a list with things to do/ things that were 'spotted'. And what did we see? A leak from the rear of the engine.

Then, there's the SAAB 96 I mentioned before. The owner has sourced brand-new upholstery in the US and he has sourced a rebuilt engine with a dyno sheet to proof it's power. (No new pics of the SAAB)

Finally, in the corner of the shop: a Volvo 1800 ES: the one with the big rear window. A few years ago restored in Poland. The paint looks marvelous, but now in for a major service.

Last edited by thieuster; 9th August 2021 at 17:59.