closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sourcing Seiko Hands

Journeyman

Sourcing Seiko Hands

I am trying to find a set of MM300 style hands, but the main thing I am struggling with is finding a set that matches the standard Seiko lume.

I have tried a set from one of the modding sites (I suspect they all source them from the same place), but the lume on the hands is whiter (in daylight) than the lume on the dial.

Has anyone found a source of replacement hands that matches the original Seiko Lume?

This image shows the difference I am trying to avoid, it is not horrendous, but it is annoyingly noticeable!

Without having the dial and hands resumed at the same time by a relumer in the same batch lume material, I think you will struggle. Even factory watches have differences.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Sourcing Seiko Hands

I’d say it also depends upon which model you are sourcing them for. I got some that are a near perfect match for my SPB079 from wr watches, but that does have the greenish lume as per your picture - some Seikos seem to be far whiter (skx comes to mind)

Craftsman
    Yobokies hands have been an excellent match with Seiko lume in my experience

Sent from my [null] using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Thanks for the replies.
    I was considering ordering from one or both of the suggestions, but managed to find an original Seiko hand set, hopefully they will be as close as anything else available (nothwithstanding the unavoidable variation between lume batches).

Journeyman
    A quick update to show the difference between Seiko and aftermarket hands (though some aftermarket stuff may be way better).

From left to right: hand with SuperLuminova from a Seiko modding website, genuine Seiko part*, original hand removed from watch.

Lesson learned: be patient and wait for genuine parts if using with an original dial.

*It is in Seiko packaging, so if it is not genuine it is a very good fake!