closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying new Rolex bracelet - exchange only?

Buying new Rolex bracelet - exchange only?

Morning TZ,

I've an oft-worn Sub 16610, and am due to head in to buy some replacement 501b end links.
    However, they've said they only sell on an exchange basis, meaning I'll have to leave my old 501b behind.

I'm also keen on buying a new bracelet with the Glidelock, but this 'exchange only' thing has me concerned - will they retain the entirety of my old bracelet if I buy a whole new bracelet? I was hoping to keep the original, and wear the new. Also, any ideas on prices?

I'm reluctant to call them about this, as I'd like to know the lie of the land before doing so - had I known they'd keep hold of my old 501b, I'd have just said I'd lost them! I was never going to sell them (they're mangled), but I'm not overly keen on this idea of 'Buy new, and give us the old as well even though they're yours and you paid for them also'.

Hugh
    Last edited by hughtrimble; 9th August 2021 at 11:37.

Who told you this as it’s not my experience when purchasing a new SS bracelet from RSC.

I have purchased a couple of new bracelets and both times got to keep the old one. The only thing I had on a exchange basis was a new clasp recently.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 9th August 2021 at 11:40.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Who told you this as it’s not my experience when purchasing a new SS bracelet from RSC.

I have purchased a couple of new bracelets and both times got to keep the old one. The only thing I had on a exchange basis was a new clasp recently.
    Thank you - no one has said this to me about bracelets, hence the thread asking. I was concerned they may do so given the exchange basis of the end links, and also your clasp.

This is good news, thank you for letting me know what they do for whole bracelets.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Thank you - no one has said this to me about bracelets, hence the thread asking. I was concerned they may do so given the exchange basis of the end links, and also your clasp.

This is good news, thank you for letting me know what they do for whole bracelets.
    It may be worth you giving the RSC service department a quick call to confirm the policy hasn't changed but that was certainly the case with the last bracelet I purchased last year.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I bought a new bracelet for my Explorer; they wanted to retain the old but when I objected they gave it back.

They also wanted to only give me the same number of links that were on the old bracelet i.e. retain one ... when I insisted on getting them all I was left waiting whilst they consulted internally if this would be OK.

If I was doing it again I would take the watch in head only and tell them I want a new bracelet with all the links.

I paid £1000 a couple of years ago ... it transformed the watch so I considered it "worth" it ...

Master
    I can remember the days when I used to to call up the RSC, tell them what I was after (bracelet or bezel insert or flush fits etc) and pay over the phone - they then simply posted the bracelet or whatever to my door.
    The counterfeit industry has put paid to that…

I bought a 97200 bracelet (6 digit glidelock) last year to (wasn't cheap mind, £1500-1600 iirc), no exchange necessary.

The policy (or at least it was), there is a significantly reduced price on replacing something like a bezel asssembly or bracelet vs retaining the original.
    It's easy enough to "misplace" the bracelet during a house move, if you happen to have been wearing it on a NATO, that's the excuse i'd use if they were to ask

seperate note, the 97200 Fits like a glove on a 16600 (and a 16610), less rattles, and feels solid. You won't ever look back at those 501b's

Journeyman
    Hi,
    I bought a couple of new bracelets in May (one for a 14060m and one for a 1016 - the latter so I could save the original folded link Oyster) and I had no issues with keeping the old bracelets. They forgot to send the original bracelet from my Sub up to St James’ Square from Kent (I added the new one as part of a service) but they were hugely apologetic and posted in back to me the next day.

I bought a new bracelet in the last few weeks - I stupidly sold an extra 97200 I had and then had a new incoming 5 digit where I wanted to upgrade to a newer bracelet - so I had to buy one again…. Took my SubC to the AD (head only) and they ordered a new one for me.