closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Intrusive ads on the forum?

Intrusive ads on the forum?

Hey folks - wasn't sure where to put this one, so apologies if it's not fit for the pub...has anyone else suddenly started having lots of intrusive ads while browsing the forum? I'm looking at an ad on the right of my screen, the bottom, and the top. The latter two are definitely new. It's making it pretty hard to read.

Just wondering if it's a problem at my end, or a change on the TZ end.

Master
    I use adblocker and it's showing 13 ads blocked on this one thread which must be a nightmare for those not using an ad blocker

been using ublock on firefox for years, only ad ive ever seen in here is the donation tab.

Mystery solved, my ad blocker was corrupted and not running, a one-click fix in Chrome. Thanks folks!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    I use adblocker and it's showing 13 ads blocked on this one thread which must be a nightmare for those not using an ad blocker
    It is they keep multiplying

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    It is they keep multiplying
    When I am in the UK, I use my Windows desk top which has an adblocker installed in it, the result is a totally clear screen and the Forum being deprived of any ad revenue.

When I am in Spain I use a Macbook Pro and I haven't installed an adblocker because I was told by Apple that it was best not to do it. The result is that nearly 33%-40% of the screen is covered by ads and Eddie picks up the revenue.

However I have to say that TZ-UK allows the most invasive ads and makes it impossible to read on occasions. If this problem isn't soon fixed, most of us will use an adblocker just to keep our sanity and Eddies revenue will decrease further. All it needs is more controlled ads that a normal person accepts as tolerable.