closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling outlet

Master

Breitling outlet

Good choice of Emergencies in the outlet

And some very cheap reasonable Mont Blanc this is RRP £3440 for sale at £975

Craftsman
    Where is this outlet?

Where, please?

I would imagine it's the outlet store in Bicester Village.

Blog Entries
    I still wouldn’t pay over £8K for an oversized Emergency watch. Interesting tech - but very niché.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I still wouldn’t pay over £8K for an oversized Emergency watch. Interesting tech - but very niché.
    Agreed, I'm guessing that most (not all) are bought and worn by Mitty's,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master

Breitling outlet

Apologies, Yes, Bicester.

The Avenger chrono 50mm in the Breitling ‘plastic’/ ABS material is £4420, RRP £6600 IIRC

Yes, I own an Emergency. No, not a Mitty ( but I would say that) and have come close to pulling the pin twice. :)

Edited as price incorrect:

Last edited by joe narvey; 8th August 2021 at 10:40.

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Apologies, Yes, Bicester.

The Avenger chrono 50mm in the Breitling ‘plastic’/ ABS material is £4400, RRP £6200 IIRC

Yes, I own an Emergency. No, not a Mitty ( but I would say that) and have come close to pulling the pin twice. :)
    No slur intended, people buy what they like - sounds like you have one as an additional ''back up'' which makes sense, a fella at a HGV exhibition I attended at the NEC was wearing one, when we chatted it turned out that the riskiest thing he did every week was negotiate the M25 (perhaps that's reason enough), but to compound matters he had really slender wrists which made the watch appear like a dinner plate, but he was chuffed with it so fair play.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    No slur intended, people buy what they like - sounds like you have one as an additional ''back up'' which makes sense, a fella at a HGV exhibition I attended at the NEC was wearing one, when we chatted it turned out that the riskiest thing he did every week was negotiate the M25 (perhaps that's reason enough), but to compound matters he had really slender wrists which made the watch appear like a dinner plate, but he was chuffed with it so fair play.
    No offence taken. It’s not a daily wearer, I ride bikes off road and when we have incidents and do not have a phone signal I could use a tiny beacon, but where’s the fun in that

People buy DSSDs, the emergency is no dafter than those.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master

Breitling outlet

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    People buy DSSDs, the emergency is no dafter than those.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Hmm.. what’ about if you have a couple of DSDDs and an emergency? Ok, I’ will admit to being daft and unlikely to test the limits of these toys.

Hmm.. what’ about if you have a couple of DSDDs and an emergency? Ok, I’ will admit to being daft and unlikely to test the limits of these toys.
    Heh, if you like them, enjoy them, which was really my point.

Watches are hardly essential tools these days, so if you enjoy one of those funny face things or a JD automaton bird repeater then who is to say anything against them.

I've had a 300M diver on all weekend, handy in those showers we had today!

I've also been looking at these :

https://www.xeric.com/collections/ha...0MJs%3D.QWBf6q

Really not sensible in any way, shape or form and yet...

M

Master
    Heh, if you like them, enjoy them, which was really my point.

Watches are hardly essential tools these days, so if you enjoy one of those funny face things or a JD automaton bird repeater then who is to say anything against them.

I've had a 300M diver on all weekend, handy in those showers we had today!

I've also been looking at these :

https://www.xeric.com/collections/ha...0MJs%3D.QWBf6q

Really not sensible in any way, shape or form and yet...

M
    I see that Xeric brand popping up on various web sites. Tempted :)

I see that Xeric brand popping up on various web sites. Tempted :)
    I've got a Halograph quartz chrono - Bonkers and almost impossible to read quickly, but rather fun and at under £200 a bit easier to justify to myself

M
    Last edited by snowman; 8th August 2021 at 20:49.

Master
    I've got a Halograph quartz chrono - Bonkers and almost impossible to read quickly, but rather fun and at under £200 a bit easier to justify to myself

M
    I like that, must go browse

Master
    Of the 'cheap' chinese tourbillons available by far the nicest looking to my eyes is the Lenvino Tour 02

https://www.lenvinowatch.com/categor...-collection-02

Master
    Dssd is 44mm I found the super avenger an uncomfortable wear at 48mm anything at 50mm has surely gotta be some sort of Big Ben on the wrist. Also seen that the straps are now 26mm at lugs! Huge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Popped in there today. My god there was some bling in there. A Blacksteel with diamonds! Truly hideous. A few of the more "normal" pieces, but nothing which stood out as irresistible.

Bicester Village remains hell on earth.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Popped in there today. My god there was some bling in there. A Blacksteel with diamonds! Truly hideous. A few of the more "normal" pieces, but nothing which stood out as irresistible.

Bicester Village remains hell on earth.
    Chav city central. Did you scan the code to access the form to apply to be let into the shop? We didn’t.

I have no idea if they are the very same ones I saw, but there were 4 emergency 2’s in that outlet when I popped in a few years ago. I still quite fancy and emergency 2 but then give myself a stiff talking to.

Master
    Chav city central. Did you scan the code to access the form to apply to be let into the shop? We didn’t.
    Is that due to COVID. Also, was it busy?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Yes and yes

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    I think so, although it reminds me of the Maltese rope trick where people queue by the rope outside an empty night club causing more people to join the queue.

Yes, busy.

Prada did that a couple of years ago (pre-COVID). Only allowed half a dozen people in. Looked desperate and ridiculous.

Master
    I first went to Bicester as a student nearly 15 years ago. Then it had a lot of genuine end of line stuff and the pricing was better than I had seen elsewhere. The time before last I visited which must have been about 3 years ago, prices had crept up but there were still good deals to be had in places though the place was full of international tourists spending literally hundreds of pounds each.

Last time I went was a month or so ago, place was full of interesting domestic characters with the fake queues mentioned above and everything was the same price as you would find in a poor sale elsewhere, lots of the RL stuff was a 50% markup on the Swindon Outlet shop mentioned in another thread... Can't say I will rush to return, I'd probably do better braving Swindon again!

Journeyman
    any super ocean heritage 2s?

Quote Originally Posted by mmgg1988 View Post
    I first went to Bicester as a student nearly 15 years ago. Then it had a lot of genuine end of line stuff and the pricing was better than I had seen elsewhere. The time before last I visited which must have been about 3 years ago, prices had crept up but there were still good deals to be had in places though the place was full of international tourists spending literally hundreds of pounds each.

Last time I went was a month or so ago, place was full of interesting domestic characters with the fake queues mentioned above and everything was the same price as you would find in a poor sale elsewhere, lots of the RL stuff was a 50% markup on the Swindon Outlet shop mentioned in another thread... Can't say I will rush to return, I'd probably do better braving Swindon again!
    My experience too. Even worse, last time I went was last summer in between covid lockdowns. The waiting list to get into shops was ridiculous. I was there at about 11am and waiting lists to get into some shops had the earliest slots at 5pm. There are very few bargains any more. I wont be going again.

For good prices, ICON outlet at O2 is much better.

Never been to Bicester village, but I did see a TV show a few years back which suggested a lot of the products sold in such outlets is specifically made at a lower quality level, and not available anywhere else. I’m not a big fan of walking around with my clothes covered in logos, but clearly there are lots of people out there who will pay through the nose for the experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly the Chinese fighting over logo crap. Bicester Village was overrun with coach loads of them before COVID. Seriously, it had to be seen to be believed.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Mostly the Chinese fighting over logo crap. Bicester Village was overrun with coach loads of them before COVID. Seriously, it had to be seen to be believed.
    I know some one who did well Pre pandemic with an air BnB for people visiting in mass shopping sprees buying to order.

Master
    Blog Entries
    All these "outlet" places seem to end up no better than just lookng for a bargain somewhere normal. TKMaxx also used to be full of genuine end of line designer brands at low prices. Now it's just tat.

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    All these "outlet" places seem to end up no better than just lookng for a bargain somewhere normal. TKMaxx also used to be full of genuine end of line designer brands at low prices. Now it's just tat.
    You have to be careful, some brands make a range of inferior clothes specifically for the outlets.

Craftsman
    i’ve been to the breitling outlet in bicester, it’s ok but they don’t really stock the more popular models.

also as an outlet, it’s true that some
    of the brands there produce some lower quality goods designed to be sold at the outlets only.

Do you think the outlet sell the rejected watches(re-worked, warranty, online etc) or NOS ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by poko View Post
    Do you think the outlet sell the rejected watches(re-worked, warranty, online etc) or NOS ?
    I didn’t get that impression. Warranty and sale terms are the same as high street retail. I didn’t see any reworked, service stickers or different packing, etc.