Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 2157

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

City struggling - give them a penalty.

Nothing changes…

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

Nothing changes…
    Yep was 'soft' at best although why the guy needed to make a challenge there I don't know.

It was a pen. Ridiculous challenge. How a pro makes contact there is beyond me. Schoolboy error.

Nothing changes…

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    It was a pen. Ridiculous challenge. How a pro makes contact there is beyond me. Schoolboy error.
    As Jose called it, a modern day penalty. Grown men waiting for the slightest touch in order to throw themselves to the ground. The referees should say we are no longer going to award these. Fair enough if someone is chopped, but this waiting for the touch is cheating.

Nothing changes…
    Eh ?
    He kicked him twice .
    Id suggest Richarlison would’ve stayed on his feet but get the impression he’d fall over putting his socks on looking for a penalty.

Liverpool struggling so give them a goal. He was offside FFS.

Forest striker missed an absolute sitter just before as well

That Forest dive sums up everything that’s wrong with the game. Forward goes out of his way to touch Allison’s hand then does a dive that Tom Daly would be proud of.

Richarlison is also a cheat, totally agree.

I think it is ruining the game.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 20th March 2022 at 21:24.

Not according to VAR he wasn't...

Looking at El Clasico I'd be interested to see the Amazon documentary on Arsenal this season as Arteta had better have an amazing reason to ship Aubameyang off to Barca for free seeing as we are playing with Lacazette or Nketiah up top currently

That Forest dive sums up everything that’s wrong with the game. Forward goes out of his way to touch Allison’s hand then does a dive that Tom Daly would be proud of.

Richarlison is also a cheat, totally agree.

I think it is ruining the game.
    Does Lampard ever get tired of throwing his own players under a bus every time things dont go his way? How does he actually expect them to play for him he just acts like a spoilt child.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Does Lampard ever get tired of throwing his own players under a bus every time things dont go his way? How does he actually expect them to play for him he just acts like a spoilt child.
    It’s a tricky one, clearly half the team are not good enough and I’m sure by now he knows who he needs to get rid of. If he doesn’t he should give me a quick ring.

I do agree he should not go public and keep the criticism to a face to face situation on the training ground. Plenty of players get told they are not in the managers plans for next season and maybe Frank needs to do that, but leave the door open for them to win their place back if they work their socks off during the rest of the season.

With Everton’s recent history of changing managers it doesn’t look good for Frank, but I would stick with him until the end of the season. 3 or 4 more ugly wins might be enough to keep us up. If he went who would be next, clubs who repeatedly sack their managers never seem to end up with a Klopp or a Pep, although Chelsea seemed to get away with it. United have also discovered that…

Master
    Guess it's a skill picked up from Jose who he's always spoke highly of.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Looking at El Clasico I'd be interested to see the Amazon documentary on Arsenal this season as Arteta had better have an amazing reason to ship Aubameyang off to Barca for free seeing as we are playing with Lacazette or Nketiah up top currently
    Arteta seems to have a very strict policy on players - step out of line and its time to leave the club, look at Guendouzi and then Aubameyang. Once you cross his line there does not seem a way back.

We do need a striker, and auba is now 9 goals in 11 games for barca, I know the spanish league is easier than the PL but we still need goals.

Master
    Is the Spanish top flight really inferior to the Premier league? I don’t think so. Take the top six and the bottom two in the PL out of the equation and the rest of the league is pretty much dross.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    He was asked todo a different job for Arsenal than at Barca, for us he was deployed either on the left or dropping deep as a sort of pivot 9 neither role he is suited too

At Barca he’s playing as a pure striker with no need to track back, press, come deep etc and he’s showing he’s not lost his touch in that sense.

It’s one of rare occasions where the deal worked out best for both parities Auba and Arsenal

The bigger issue is the type of striker that Arsenal need to complete this line up are few and far between right now

Also saw the Spurs result - the upcoming derby might be one of the biggest NLDs in the last 8 years possibly.

Blog Entries

Master
    Blog Entries
    Let’s hope they get the transport or venue sorted the Liv- city match.

Joke as it stands

Old Trafford seems the logical choice. I’m sure Liverpool fans would be happier travelling to Manchester rather than London.

When I was a lad Villa Park would have been the chosen ground for this, but that also has both sets of fans heading the same way.

Master
    Old Trafford seems the logical choice. I’m sure Liverpool fans would be happier travelling to Manchester rather than London.

When I was a lad Villa Park would have been the chosen ground for this, but that also has both sets of fans heading the same way.
    Logic and The FA rarely appear in the same sentence. It’s all about the FA coffers and screw the fans - they don’t matter!

Before the new Wembley opened I travelled to Old Trafford twice for semi finals to watch Chelsea (vs Liverpool in 2006 and Blackburn in 2007). Villa Park would have been much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post

Joke as it stands
    Complete joke.

Same in Scotland, apparently. Hearts play Hibs in the Scottish Cup semi. 12.15 KO - in Glasgow!! Why not Murrayfield??

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post

Joke as it stands
    Apparently the FA were forewarned about the planned engineering works months ago. They won’t change venue - they need as much revenue from Wembley as possible to repay their loan on the stadium. Getting to Wembley should be an occasion - having the semis there takes from that.

For all the grief that the proposed super league caused and the complaints from the various bodies about the integrity of the game and it being about the fans you only have to look the biannual World Cup proposals, new Champions League format and now this to realise that none of the governing bodies give two hoots about anything but money.

Agreed. In every situation, the fans are the last consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Apparently the FA were forewarned about the planned engineering works months ago. They won’t change venue - they need as much revenue from Wembley as possible to repay their loan on the stadium. Getting to Wembley should be an occasion - having the semis there takes from that.

For all the grief that the proposed super league caused and the complaints from the various bodies about the integrity of the game and it being about the fans you only have to look the biannual World Cup proposals, new Champions League format and now this to realise that none of the governing bodies give two hoots about anything but money.

What will happen is this .
    City and Liverpool will meet with representatives of the fans . They will then probably offer to put on an increased number of coaches to assist in travelling . There will be much gnashing of teeth and wailing by supporters who will continue to buy tickets .
    The FA will proffer some generic half assed statement with s quasi apology which means nothing as the same thing will happen next season too .

I promised myself I wouldn’t go back there for another semi final after we’d played Chelsea a number of years ago and have stuck to it .

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    I'd find a place for Juve's Chiellini in the Serie A squad & Atleti's Godin in the La Liga selection.
    ::
    ::
    Incidentally, I note that Gabbie Agbonlahor is wondering why Nathan 'The Wonderkid' Patterson isn't pulling up trees in the Everton first team. He assumes this is due to 'a rift' between Lampard & the player. I don't think so...
    The best player on the pitch last night, something wrong when he can’t get into a sinking Everton team.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I promised myself I wouldn’t go back there for another semi final after we’d played Chelsea a number of years ago and have stuck to it .
    It’s not that great a day out anyway and the game’s on free to air. Travelling support really are treated very shoddily.

Master
    100 buses x 50 people = 5,000. What’s capacity? 85,000/90,000?

FA Cup: Liverpool and Manchester City fans to be given 100 free buses for Wembley semi-final https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60873713

It has been a shit week for football. One to keep the ladies happy. The Wales game was superb and I ended up watching NI tonight, but what is the point of these shitty weekends when all the managers are moaning about fixture pile ups.

How the hell do Italy win the Euros and then fail to qualify for the WC against NM.

African and South American players jetting off everywhere. At times like these it’s good to support Everton because we are so shit no one wants any of our players in their national teams.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    100 buses x 50 people = 5,000. What’s capacity? 85,000/90,000?

FA Cup: Liverpool and Manchester City fans to be given 100 free buses for Wembley semi-final https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60873713
    Interesting that during the Superleague affair and the COVID pandemic the FA were releasing statements about the importance of fans almost non stop .
    If this doesn’t show how highly regarded supporters are then nothing will .
    They’ve known about this for two years . 100 more coaches on an already heavily congested Easter weekend motorway will be a lovely day out . I can imagine the service stations on the M6/M1 will be looking forward to welcoming opposing fans on their trips there and back .

Likelihood of Spurs vs Arsenal for 4th.

Meaningless friendly vs Switzerland. Southgate has picked Kane, the one player Spurs will really rely on for a top 4 place up front vs known Arsenal lunatic and 'enforcer' Xhaka. How the heck has this been thought to be a good idea? Dont get me wrong I want Arsenal to get top 4 but I'd hate to do it because Kane was injured and I just think this has trouble written all over it and I also think Xhaka is mean hearted enough to contemplate it. Hopefully the referee is strong.

Virtually free money btw would be a bet on Xhaka to get carded

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Interesting that during the Superleague affair and the COVID pandemic the FA were releasing statements about the importance of fans almost non stop .
    If this doesn’t show how highly regarded supporters are then nothing will .
    They’ve known about this for two years . 100 more coaches on an already heavily congested Easter weekend motorway will be a lovely day out . I can imagine the service stations on the M6/M1 will be looking forward to welcoming opposing fans on their trips there and back .
    Absolutely shocking decision and the fans clearly will never being important enough for the FA.

I hate these international breaks. I am sitting here watching Glentoran v Carrick Rangers, it is PL after all and an exciting start with a goal in the second minute.

Craftsman
    Really painful night for Arsenal. Not seen us play that bad for months.

On top of loss is painful nature of 3-0 scoreline denting our GD, opposition manager being a legend, Spurs winning convincingly last night to go above us, KT injured and possibly out for the season, Partey off injured, Nuno Tavares (our only other left-back) having another shocker and hooked at HT... Awful.

Palace were absolutely superb.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

It was a very painful match to watch. We look so off the pace, Palace did play very well to be fair to them. We had some decent chances in the second half before they score the 3rd to make the match closer. We really needed to bring some people in the Jan window, even if just on loan. Laca is not scoring and Nkeith should never wear an Arsenal shirt ever again.

On their day , Palace will give anyone a test .
    Paddy is building something there and he’s getting some great performances from his players .
    It’ll be interesting what happened to Gallacher when his loan is up . He’s an exceptional talent .
    I still fancy Arsenal for fourth but they’ve got a few tests coming up .

^ The race for fourth certainly is hotting up, and the covid-postponed north London derby will be key. I say covid-postponed, but Arsenal had one fringe player out with covid and everyone else at the AFCON so they were playing the system. If they win the rescheduled game I'll be spitting feathers.

Master
    As mentioned below Palace is a tough place to go especially under the lights and Viera was always going to have them at it for Arsenal

The only consistent in the prem is city and the scousers so Im not surprised by the weekends result (brentford aside) if your not at it you get turned over and its why we love the prem.

I fancy spurs - Kane and son being the difference between everyone in and around the chasing pack in fact put them in any of the chasing pack and Id back that team as well - I actually think there is a massive chance of a shift change if they make cl and levy backs conte as he should they have a real chance to establish themselves in the top 4

We (Utd) are a million miles away, Chelsea in turmoil until new owners are in, West ham are progressing, Arsenal young team but will they attract top talent? then the chasing pack are much of a muchness in my opinion
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 5th April 2022 at 12:28.

For now ;)

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    As mentioned below Palace is a tough place to go especially under the lights and Viera was always going to have them at it for Arsenal

The only consistent in the prem is city and the scousers so Im not surprised by the weekends result (brentford aside) if your not at it you get turned over and its why we love the prem.

I fancy spurs - Kane and son being the difference between everyone in and around the chasing pack in fact put them in any other chasing pack and Id back that team as well - I actually think there is a massive chance of a shift change if they make cl and levy backs conte as he should they have a real chance to establish themselves in the top 4

We (Utd) are a million miles away, Chelsea in turmoil until new owners are in, West ham are progressing, Arsenal young team but will they attract top talent? then the chasing pack are much of a muchness in my opinion

Master
    [QUOTE=TaketheCannoli;5967616]For now ;)[/QUOTE

Time will tell - I think you are a gooner?

In my opinion going out of cup competitions was a major blessing allowed them to focus on the league but Ive not seen anything that suggest to me they are on the rise - no recognised striker and narrow victories against those in and around them wolves, villa etc... means they are in the same boat and I just dont see them attracting a top striker who will get 25+ or paying the money to do so either

Ill add all them other teams are in a similar position hence why I referred too if kane and son was playing for any of there rivals then I would back them to grab the top 4 add in Conte is a top coach and he will demand big investment if he stays or will walk

it does make it interesting for sure - at least you can see what Arteta is trying to do there and I like his honesty in interviews its refreshing whereas my team Utd are a complete mess top to bottom

either way at least we have both had the glory days to look back on
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 5th April 2022 at 12:39.

Nope, I support the richest club in the world.

[QUOTE=R0bertb00th;5967679]
    For now ;)[/QUOTE

Time will tell - I think you are a gooner?

We made it look hard against Everton at the weekend although they are not as bad as made out although Calvert-Lewin looked cak.

Mightily glad to see Bowen back as we have our Europa league quarter final game on Thursday and it will be all hands to the pumps.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I've been so impressed with West Ham this season. You seem to have a good balance across the pitch, solid at the back and with Bowen and the cruiserweight boxer upfront you'll always score goals. As a Newcastle fan who is looking forward to a few signings in the summer, I have to say my first choice would be Declan Rice. Even at £150m he'd be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    We made it look hard against Everton at the weekend although they are not as bad as made out although Calvert-Lewin looked cak.

Mightily glad to see Bowen back as we have our Europa league quarter final game on Thursday and it will be all hands to the pumps.

I've been so impressed with West Ham this season. You seem to have a good balance across the pitch, solid at the back and with Bowen and the cruiserweight boxer upfront you'll always score goals. As a Newcastle fan who is looking forward to a few signings in the summer, I have to say my first choice would be Declan Rice. Even at £150m he'd be worth it.
    That’s assuming he would want to go, looks like at a minimum West Ham will be playing European football next season just a question of what league.

I wasn't considering whether he wanted to come, just that he's my first choice signing.

That’s assuming he would want to go, looks like at a minimum West Ham will be playing European football next season just a question of what league.

Master
    [QUOTE=TaketheCannoli;5967701]Nope, I support the richest club in the world.

My bad -= be interesting to see how they spend the cash in the summer and I totally agree with you that Declan Rice would be the one that I would like to get to my team as well

More misery.

Never mind, next season we can look forward to playing In the Championship.

Completely clueless.

Wait a minute - now 1-1 although we cheated to get a penalty. Gordon threw himself to the ground the cheating git. He must have been watching videos of Man City.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 6th April 2022 at 19:49.

It's unacceptable that officials and VAR don't correct those leaving-the-leg-in decisions.

Wait a minute - now 1-1 although we cheated to get a penalty. Gordon threw himself to the ground the cheating git. He must have been watching videos of Man City.

It's unacceptable that officials and VAR don't correct those leaving-the-leg-in decisions.
    I agree. This is embarrassing for us, another player waiting for the touch penalty. As an honest football supporter Burnley should still be 1-0 up.

Fair enough if you are pulled to the floor or taken out in style, but these players waiting for the touch needs to be stopped.

What’s happened to Alli? Is it not working out at Everton?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    What’s happened to Alli? Is it not working out at Everton?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have no idea why we bought him. He left Spurs because he couldn’t get a game, came to Everton and…can’t get a game.