closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 2157

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    An embarrassing request. What were they thinking?
    They’re Premier League so a smaller club should kowtow to them.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    They’re Premier League so a smaller club should kowtow to them.
    Need to be careful Chelsea don’t invade Sunderland

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Need to be careful Chelsea don’t invade Sunderland
    They’d be welcome to it😜

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Chelsea want their FA Cup tie at Middlesbrough to be played behind closed doors because their supporters are unable to buy tickets. Even the Chelsea Supporters Trust has asked the club to withdraw the request. Not Middlesbrough’s fault that Chelsea is owned by one of Putin’s best mates.
    Is there not a Saudi group now interested in buying them?

Master
    I’m gob smacked that someone at Chelsea didn’t re-read the request and think “no, we shouldn’t be requesting this” before making it public. Crazy!

Can only guess that the club were trying to speed up the people that are supposedly operating the club and the license to allow the remaining tickets to be given away free of charge. So CFC receive no revenue for the match in line with the sanctions.

Which looks like the deadline for being able to do that may have passed now. So there’ll be a lot of empty seats in the away end sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Is there not a Saudi group now interested in buying them?
    Apparently yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expect a North Korean bid and one from a bunch of Houthi rebels to be submitted imminently. Perhaps the Myanmar government fancies a punt?

What are the 'fit and proper' tests btw? Suspect they need revision.

Totally ill judged by whoever’s making these decisions at Chelsea. You won’t find one Blues fan in favour of the proposal which has now been withdrawn by the club.

I’m not trying to defend it but I believe Chelsea’s thinking was to try and put pressure on the government and lift the ban on them taking any money from ticket sales and the club shop for instance to go towards operating costs and paying wages for those who’ve been laid off like my mates uncle at the Cobham training ground.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I expect a North Korean bid and one from a bunch of Houthi rebels to be submitted imminently. Perhaps the Myanmar government fancies a punt?

What are the 'fit and proper' tests btw? Suspect they need revision.
    Russia invaded Georgia twice and leveled large parts of Syria, flattened Grozny, seized Crimea. Yet only now Chelsea's owner becomes questionable?

Are there not several other clubs with Russian ownership or connections?

We need more Amuricans to invest .
    They’re lovely and have the fans best interest at heart .

Steve Clarke says about Ryan Fraser "I decided not to pick him this squad and we have decided that Ryan's club form moving forward will determine if he is involved in the next camps. So it's down to Ryan how he plays for his club. He has done well recently. I've watched him live a couple of times."

Is he joking? Fraser has been outstanding this season. It's Scotland.

I'm rather he didn't pick him so he's as fit and fresh as possible for us but still!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60745678

I think it's more to do with Ryan training for the club who pays his wages and not playing for Scotland.

"I had a chat with Ryan," said Scotland coach Steve Clarke. "There was a situation in November where Ryan didn't come with the squad but trained with his club. Ryan has apologised for that situation.

"I decided not to pick him this squad and we have decided that Ryan's club form moving forward will determine if he is involved in the next camps. So it's down to Ryan how he plays for his club. He has done well recently. I've watched him live a couple of times."

Pretty yes, but understandable not picking him for this game.
    As for saying his club form moving forward will determine if he picks him again is rubbish.
    It's been the best form of his Newcastle career so far. Outstanding really.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Master
    Steve Clarke says about Ryan Fraser "I decided not to pick him this squad and we have decided that Ryan's club form moving forward will determine if he is involved in the next camps. So it's down to Ryan how he plays for his club. He has done well recently. I've watched him live a couple of times."

I'm rather he didn't pick him so he's as fit and fresh as possible for us but still!

Is this the sort of arrogant shit we are going to get from thick Geordies now they have got some dirty Saudi money.

The ref is completely out of his depth at Old Trafford tonight

That's a pretty offensive comment that I won't rise to. Or lower myself to your level in response.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Is this the sort of arrogant shit we are going to get from thick Geordies now they have got some dirty Saudi money.

Master
    Strange performance - but no complaints from me wasn’t the reason we’re out

Classic simeone performance I’d take him in a heart beat

Simeone would be ideal for Man Utd at this stage. He could provide an identity and style and win trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Strange performance - but no complaints from me wasn’t the reason we’re out

Classic simeone performance I’d take him in a heart beat

Sorry United were dreadful, blaming the ref is no excuse for that performance.

Simeone would be ideal for Man Utd at this stage. He could provide an identity and style and win trophies.
    I think trying to manage those players would probably send him over the edge.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh God
    Yes please

He'd clear the majority of them out.

- - - Updated - - -

In times past, United could dig themselves out of a hole after falling behind. The later part of the game, substitutions and plan after the substitutions were shambles. I reckon Maguire needs to be dropped until he sorts himself out. The fall of Rashford is a nosedive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He'd clear the majority of them out.
    How? They have been trying to shift Pogba for years whose paying over 100 million for him? You think there are clubs out there willing to pay top dollar for the United players because there is not a hope in hell the owners are going to have a fire sale and lose a ton of cash. And then who is he going to bring in once they have lost a fortune on players?

Add to that why on earth would he go there?

Ah, I never said he’d go there. I said he’d be ideal for them.

How? They have been trying to shift Pogba for years whose paying over 100 million for him? You think there are clubs out there willing to pay top dollar for the United players because there is not a hope in hell the owners are going to have a fire sale and lose a ton of cash. And then who is he going to bring in once they have lost a fortune on players?

Add to that why on earth would he go there?

Master
    How? They have been trying to shift Pogba for years whose paying over 100 million for him?
    Think he’s out of contract at the end of the season. Suspect they’ll be happy just to get him off the payroll. It’s been a shocking waste of talent. I don’t know why he hasn’t had to motivation to make himself a regular world class performer.

Craftsman

It's a punishment for not turning up to earlier squads, regardless of form (which has been very good). "Club form moving forward" is the bit that he stressed, if he keeps playing well for Newcatle he'll get picked in future squads.

That's not what I said. United were 2nd best over 2 legs but that referee last night was appalling with no control over the game.

Master
    Sign of the desperate times that even a well known defensive manager (albeit a very good one), is now acceptable to a lot of those who for decades have bleated on about the 'United way'.

I do understand however that something needs to give at United and if a manager that doesn't care much for the 'United way' is the only way of sorting out the shambles that is MUFC then so be it.

However I am not sure, unlike Scholes, that United could tempt Simeone to take up the managers job currently.

Master
    That's not what I said. United were 2nd best over 2 legs but that referee last night was appalling with no control over the game.
    Totally agree, that one was one of the strangest referee'd game I have seen in a long time. He was absolutely shocking and I go along with you in him having no control over the game.

However as you have already alluded to he was not the reason United lost this tie.

I think United have to accept being a lower top 10 team for a number of years whilst they have a clear out and start to rebuild. Arsenal at long last look as though they are finally starting to come back after about 4 or 5 years of not being a top 4 team.

They need a manager, Maguire is a joke, I wouldn’t even want him at Everton as a freebie, he is that bad. Pogba should be let go. Big Ron and Cavarni will clear off with no CL next season.

Athletico Madrid are a classic CL team, never the best, but always very difficult to beat. Remember they knocked Liverpool out two years ago with a classic AM performance at Anfield.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I think United have to accept being a lower top 10 team for a number of years whilst they have a clear out and start to rebuild. Arsenal at long last look as though they are finally starting to come back after about 4 or 5 years of not being a top 4 team.

They need a manager, Maguire is a joke, I wouldn’t even want him at Everton as a freebie, he is that bad. Pogba should be let go. Big Ron and Cavarni will clear off with no CL next season.

Athletico Madrid are a classic CL team, never the best, but always very difficult to beat. Remember they knocked Liverpool out two years ago with a classic AM performance at Anfield.
    Can imagine it right now, when Maguire is informed Frank Lamps and Everton are interested in him to help them come straight back up to the Premiership.

"Do you know who I am?"

AM are indeed one of the most difficult teams to beat in CL however 'weak' their squad may be as compared to previous years.

I don't think many would fancy drawing them going forward.
    Last edited by tango; 16th March 2022 at 10:34.

United have been through a lot of "pain", in recent years. They are still in for a whole lot more I think.

Their next management appointment could well be crucial. Half their team (probably way more than half actually), are nowhere near good enough to play for a top 4 team (which United aren't in fairness)...the club needs a drastic overhaul. from top to bottom.

Its no good spending countless millions, on players, when their is no proper leadership/plan/sense of direction etc. etc. going forward.

Bruno was a good buy, he seemed to galvanise the team a little, nowadays? God knows whats gone wrong, he is forever whinging at the refs! Could be Ronaldo related, who know. Harry Maguire? How much...80 odd million outright ridiculous! If he is worth that much? Virgil must be work 25 billion!!

So many players bought, then just chucked in the team, hoping they will produce a "miracle" and somehow score.
    Their midfield is mediocre at best..Pogba, get rid as soon as possible, squad is old, way past it, then the younger players they buy for millions? They dont play them . they just loan them out!! (yes I know lots of other clubs do the same, but they arent as rubbish as United!

Again though, there needs to be a major overhaul from top to bottom, the players are a big part of their failures, but the club needs a major overhaul in every department.

By the way, Im 62, Man United have been my team since I was in junior school.

Seen lots of great times...these last few years though have just been a shambles.! God help their next manager...I dont think Poch is the answer too....sure, apparently the players want him, what they want in reality is a kick up their backside! A manager in the same vein as Klopp, Guardiola etc...maybe they will get Tuchel? Who knows...I dont think the players want somebody like that though! They look as though they just want an easy life !

Rant over!

I'd like to think Simeone is a future manager for us.

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 2021-22

As a Liverpool supporter I am a big fan of Fernandes, he has turned into a proper Whitney sod though over the past season.

The demise of Man U has been coming, just as it did for Liverpool. These things are small in cycles.

I fear Mo is in for a move ( fuelled by his agent) on a free, not many have the finances though to pay him what his agents want ( plus sign on fee on a free).

I dearly hope he stays, he is one of the greats could be one of the all time icons if he stays ( and plays).
    Last edited by Middo; 16th March 2022 at 13:42.

I cannot understand why, when he’s already wealthy beyond his wildest dreams, he’d want to move for money when he could be a Liverpool legend in the true sense of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    As a Liverpool supporter I am a big fan of Fernandes, he has turned into a proper Whitney sod though over the past season.

The demise of Man U has been coming, just as it did for Liverpool. These things are small in cycles.

I fear Mo is in for a move ( fuelled by his agent) on a free, not many have the finances though to pay him what his agents want ( plus sign on fee on a free).

I dearly hope he stays, he is one of the greats could be one of the all time icons if he stays ( and plays).

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post

If he stays another season and runs down his contract he will still leave as one of the all time strikers at Liverpool with a strong chance he will go past Fowler, Dalglish and Gerrard. Problem he will have is finding a club to match his wage demands which may limit where he goes (PSG perhaps?). But if he scoops up a few trophies this season and next will he care?

Liverpool have already been buying in replacements for the front three perhaps he doesn’t fancy signing on for another 4 years only to be sold on halfway through his new contract once his replacement is fully up to speed.

Master
    I cannot understand why, when he’s already wealthy beyond his wildest dreams, he’d want to move for money when he could be a Liverpool legend in the true sense of the word.
    Think, like big company “executives”, wages are just a p***ing contest. Don’t “need” the money but it’s a status thing and massages their egos.

Not sure Klopp helped by going on about how Salah is the best player in the world. Someone says that about you, invites the question as to why you’re not remunerated as such!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by valleywatch View Post
    United have been through a lot of "pain", in recent years. They are still in for a whole lot more I think.

Their next management appointment could well be crucial. Half their team (probably way more than half actually), are nowhere near good enough to play for a top 4 team (which United aren't in fairness)...the club needs a drastic overhaul. from top to bottom.

Its no good spending countless millions, on players, when their is no proper leadership/plan/sense of direction etc. etc. going forward.

Bruno was a good buy, he seemed to galvanise the team a little, nowadays? God knows whats gone wrong, he is forever whinging at the refs! Could be Ronaldo related, who know. Harry Maguire? How much...80 odd million outright ridiculous! If he is worth that much? Virgil must be work 25 billion!!

So many players bought, then just chucked in the team, hoping they will produce a "miracle" and somehow score.
    Their midfield is mediocre at best..Pogba, get rid as soon as possible, squad is old, way past it, then the younger players they buy for millions? They dont play them . they just loan them out!! (yes I know lots of other clubs do the same, but they arent as rubbish as United!

Again though, there needs to be a major overhaul from top to bottom, the players are a big part of their failures, but the club needs a major overhaul in every department.

By the way, Im 62, Man United have been my team since I was in junior school.

Seen lots of great times...these last few years though have just been a shambles.! God help their next manager...I dont think Poch is the answer too....sure, apparently the players want him, what they want in reality is a kick up their backside! A manager in the same vein as Klopp, Guardiola etc...maybe they will get Tuchel? Who knows...I dont think the players want somebody like that though! They look as though they just want an easy life !

Rant over!

Hardly a rant, hit the nail on the head.

The arrogance of not believing the club would be passed by others and doing nothing off the pitch to match the competitors, just because 'we are Man United" and that would somehow be enough.

That mindset ran from top to bottom and included board players and large portions of the fanbase, what did we think was going to happen.

Giggs infamous comments a little over ten years ago, stating what happened to Liverpool could not happen to United now seem to ring hollow and I see they have resurfaced on social media again after last nights exit.

According to the Guardian Man United are monitoring Tuchel at Chelsea as a possible new manager.

Sounds “pwoppa naughty” (in best Danny Dyer accent) if true

Master
    According to the Guardian Man United are monitoring Tuchel at Chelsea as a possible new manager.

Sounds “pwoppa naughty” (in best Danny Dyer accent) if true
    Most likely true and would be stupid not to show an interest.

Will any Tuchel appointment be the magic wand needed to fix everything, highly unlikely!

Feel for Chelsea though, a real change in circumstances in literally the blink of an eye.

And yes I have heard Carra's comments on the same, but I still feel for the fans.

Maybe it isn't just about money and Salah wants to play somewhere else and experience a fresh challenge? He won the league and CL at Liverpool so what else would he win in England to surpass that?

Maybe the challenge of winning La Liga would be a big draw although he'd have a struggle to get in the Real Madrid side if they signed Mbappe and kept Benzema, particularly if they got Haaland as well.

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 2021-22

Maybe it isn't just about money and Salah wants to play somewhere else and experience a fresh challenge? He won the league and CL at Liverpool so what else would he win in England to surpass that?

Maybe the challenge of winning La Liga would be a big draw although he'd have a struggle to get in the Real Madrid side if they signed Mbappe and kept Benzema, particularly if they got Haaland as well.
    Maybe… he gives a lot away/ charitable works and infrastructure back in his home town.

It’s the snide comments from his agent that fuel the money issue narrative.

Recent signings look good, just hope the strategy continues and doesn’t go downhill when Edward’s moves on.
    Last edited by Middo; 16th March 2022 at 16:32.

I nice one for the Chelsea fan's in today's Athletic. (Just what we all think, of course. Well, most of us.)

Unfortunately, I think it does boil down to money. Of course in the past, it was almost every player's dream to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona when they were dominating Europe.

In the past 2-3 years it's been the English teams who have been dominating - I would say that Man City and Liverpool are at this moment better than any of the Spanish teams, PSG or anyone else except perhaps Bayern. Add Chelsea to that since they aren't far off the top two and I'd fancy them to beat most teams in Europe as well.

So I wonder what benefit (apart from money) Salah would experience by going to another team outside the PL?

If he's truly happy with Liverpool, Klopp and the chance that it would be possible to pick up more trophies and be an all time legend for Liverpool, why would he think of leaving?

Craftsman
    I'd like to think Simeone is a future manager for us.
    No thanks

United have no direction, thanks in part to owners who only see the club as a cash cow. I also think there’s an attitude problem with certain players. Tuchel, Pep and Klopp would get so much more out of the same squad.
    They need a rank and file change of key personnel and have a plan…. but that would require the buy in from Glasers. I’m not sure they’re that bothered.
    As for Salah, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if things are being driven by his agent. Agents are the scourge of the game. Raiola reportedly wants £30m+ for engineering a transfer for Haaland which is ludicrous.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Some of the tweets from Raiola are beyond childish

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Unfortunately, I think it does boil down to money. Of course in the past, it was almost every player's dream to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona when they were dominating Europe.

In the past 2-3 years it's been the English teams who have been dominating - I would say that Man City and Liverpool are at this moment better than any of the Spanish teams, PSG or anyone else except perhaps Bayern. Add Chelsea to that since they aren't far off the top two and I'd fancy them to beat most teams in Europe as well.

So I wonder what benefit (apart from money) Salah would experience by going to another team outside the PL?

If he's truly happy with Liverpool, Klopp and the chance that it would be possible to pick up more trophies and be an all time legend for Liverpool, why would he think of leaving?
    Maybe to play in a different country and experience a different culture? Who knows, I guess money will of course be a factor but he may feel he needs a new challenge.

I'd certainly welcome him at Arsenal however suspect that'd be very unlikely!

Why not? Compare his record as a manager over just 16 years to our record as a club over the last 70 years:

Manager[edit]

Estudiantes La Plata

River Plate

Atlético Madrid

Individual

Quote Originally Posted by wotsthecrack View Post
    No thanks

Craftsman
    Why not? Compare his record as a manager over just 16 years to our record as a club over the last 70 years:

Manager[edit]

Estudiantes La Plata

River Plate

Atlético Madrid

Individual

I don't like the Simeone style of football. It's not about winning pots at any cost, some of the seasons under Keegan or Sir Bobby were fantastically exciting without winning anything.