timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

Hybrid View

Master

Premier League 2021-22

Season begins next week ……

Expecting City to win the league again this year with Liverpool and Chelsea fighting it out for 2nd place.

United to clinch 4th and Leicester, Spurs Everton etc to fill the normal 4-10 spots.
    Last edited by Ivan Drago; 7th August 2021 at 14:03.

Probably right with your top four, but I expect to see Utd challenge too. I'm hoping my lot get themselves back on track, though.

Think the most interesting thing this season is gonna be Liverpool. Was last season a blip or are they genuinely on the slide? They were an absolute machine for previous 2 seasons. Expect city will do it again, pushed for a while by Man U and Chelsea before they both fall away.

I’m a toon fan so won’t be too concerned about going’s on in the top half of the table - another long hard season ahead

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    Think the most interesting thing this season is gonna be Liverpool. Was last season a blip or are they genuinely on the slide?
    Much was made of VVD’s absence but the front 3 weren’t the force they were. Henderson and Milner a year older.

Klopp has to win something this season. Playing attractive football is fine but the owners want trophies.

Blog Entries
    CFC supporter here and if we sign Neddy oh sorry Lukaku so be it but not convinced and about twice IMO what he is worth but my gut feels MU could do it do not see us winning the league.
    Sky sports saying a deal in principle for Neddy at £98. million madness
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Arsenal fan here. I’m hoping for a decent challenge for spot 6 we’re a big way behind the city, United, Chelsea and still Leicester are a better side right now, but depending on where Kane ends up that puts Spurs a viable team to finish above

Master
    The league this year will be largely determined on who does best in the transfer market imo

City have strengthened as have United. Spurs might lose Kane but will likely spend money if he goes. It’s very quiet on Merseyside which must be worrying for the fans.

My prediction: City, United, Chelsea, Leicester

Roy Keane

"Man United lack creativity in the middle of the park"

Man United midfield today

Fred, Matic, Pogba, Bruno, Greenwood

Craftsman
    Hard to say till window closed but hard to see city not winning. United really depends on new signings settling in well. Liverpool need a winjaldum replacement as midfield not getting younger. Chelsea depends who the buy and the the usual below.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 2021-22

United and Chelsea looking annoyingly strong, as do Leicester. City as always spent big and favs for the top spot.

I hope the mighty reds are back to their best, konate looks good and Naby looks sharper. Thiago looked settled by the end of the season.

Just hope Virgil is back at his best. Top 4 and CL would be my preference, a few strong teams this year.
    Last edited by Middo; 7th August 2021 at 20:13.

Arteta could be gone by Halloween at this rate. One of the poorest Arsenal teams I’ve seen in years.

Craftsman
    Come on united

Would have liked to see sancho though.

Did not think I'd still be alive when verane was offical

I had two Arsenal players in my FF team.

Thank Gawd I saw sense and took them out yesterday.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    Lucky you saw sence in time I had Tierney and meant to play 3 at the back and swap him out and I forgot... Lol

Blog Entries
    Leaving in 10 mins for Carrow Road. Mrs P and me are picking up and joining a dear ole friend in the Directors Box and pre match early dinner today so not quite back into our season ticket seats and the swing of things.

Happy seeing Prem football again for another season and back to winning ways next no doubt.

I feel we have made yo yo'ing respectable.....

Pitch

Premier League 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Leaving in 10 mins for Carrow Road. Mrs P and me are picking up and joining a dear ole friend in the Directors Box and pre match early dinner today
    Delia? Hope she’s cooking.

Meanwhile it looks like we’re going to be bottom at the end of the weekend!

The only way is up!

Even the Rwandan president has had enough of Arsenal's performances;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-58162403

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice opener for Liverpool, glad Elliott has got a run out.

Hope Kane gets a good ovation tomorrow from his present and future employers fans . 😉

United will win the league this season.

You read it here first!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post

You read it here first!
    BBC Sports report at 3.05 or whatever
    “Let’s go to the current standings “
    🤔

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post

You read it here first!
    BBC Sports report at 3.05 or whatever
    “Let’s go to the current standings “
    🤔

Blog Entries
    Overall happy when considering the opposition keeper is worth more than our whole squad and two Brazilian international players on as subs.

Matched Liverpool in the first but the lack of fitness (pre season knocked due to Covid) in the second showed.

New signings looked promising and it will of course take a few matches to bed in.

Also Klopp was not happy and the team were at each other in the first half. I really was expecting more from Liverpool, fans were silent until they scored.

Pitch

Don't get the Lukaku thing, watched him for 2 years at United and he was really poor, his individual goal record was good, but he contributed to United playing really bad football, his first touch is awful, Everton fans say the same, individual goal tally good but none of them miss him.

Gone to Italy, scored goals in a poor league, for a counter attacking team and suddenly he's giving Chelsea the edge

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Leicester are going to win it aren’t they???

Are you watching, are you watching...

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Spurs deserved winner over 90 minutes. Thankfully a season is 38 games. I’m sure most City fans will be hoping City go on the same sort of run as they did last season after losing away to Spurs.

e-mail has just been received at City

"You know that 100 million I was wanting for Kane? Well now its 150 million. Hugs and kisses Danny"

If I had any influence at City I’d let Kane stay put at Spurs, play the season getting the most out of Torres as a striker and then go all in for Haaland next season.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    e-mail has just been received at City

"You know that 100 million I was wanting for Kane? Well now its 150 million. Hugs and kisses Danny"
    Awwww
    You OK Bob ?

My son had it on after I watched West Ham's decent win over Newcastle Tone.

I could hear him bellowing and to be honest I couldn't believe the score line.

Perhaps Nuno has the golden touch?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    After we (Arsenal) lose the next 2 games, maybe pick up a few points Norwich and Burnley and then lose to spurs Arteta must get sacked, at that stage we would be hovering above the relegation zone. None of the players even look remotely bothered. The sooner the better, since Arteta took over we are on the worst run in our history, he has made terrible mistakes - selling our best keeper to Villa and keeping Leno was one of the worst. Yet in the press he gets a fairly easy ride, if you consider the flank Ole got at Utd and they are actually doing well!!

Please sack Arteta soon.

For the titles, it could be close this year between City, Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea.
    No, please don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    My son had it on after I watched West Ham's decent win over Newcastle Tone.

I could hear him bellowing and to be honest I couldn't believe the score line.

Perhaps Nuno has the golden touch?
    Nuno has certainly done well to date, with a solid pre-season and now this... I'm happy that we've been written off by the pundits, and you never know.

Yesterday we had some supreme performances (Tanganga, Sanchez, Moura, Skipp, Son) and that was without Harry or any of our new boys; remember, Romero was lauded as the best central defender in Italy last season, and Gill is a diamond.

All in all, I think we're on the up again. Top four in this league is a big ask for any side, though.

Good start for your boys too, Neil!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    Don't get the Lukaku thing, watched him for 2 years at United and he was really poor, his individual goal record was good, but he contributed to United playing really bad football, his first touch is awful, Everton fans say the same, individual goal tally good but none of them miss him.

Gone to Italy, scored goals in a poor league, for a counter attacking team and suddenly he's giving Chelsea the edge

I don’t think it’s quite as simple as that.

With the right sort of system, he’ll score and contribute.

He needs to be leading the line, as a target man.

United don’t play with a system like that.

He wouldn’t fit in City or Liverpool’s systems either, but on paper at least, it could work at Chelsea.

As an Everton season ticket holder at the time that was a bitter pill to swallow. Having won the league and the European Cup winners cup beating Bayern Munich in the semis we were one of the best teams in Europe at that time and would have stood a good chance of doing well in the European cup.

You take the rough with the smooth, I went to 3 FA cup finals on the trot and saw them lift the cup in ‘84 against Watford. I saw them presented with the League at Goodson and I saw them win at Anfield. The 85/86 season I went to 44 games going to all FA cup away games and many away league games and I today still blame Gary Lineker for costing us the double. In 84/85 most of the midfield scored 10 to 15 goals each when we won the league, as soon as Lineker arrived it was pass the ball to him and although he got close to 40 goals everyone else’s stats dropped off. To prove my point, he left and we won the league the following season.

I stopped going around that time, but still support them to this day even though we haven’t won anything for over 25 years. Most Blues are still in the let’s get to 40 points first mindset then let’s see where we can go from there.

City are still odds on. It now boils down to how wisely you spend your money, and some are “given” more money than most
    Not the road I want to see football go.
    It’ll be UTD v City Premier League game played in Beijing within 10-20 years.

I'm not convinced grealish is going to work, he slows the game down to walking pace and gets fouled alot. This worked for Aston villa as they would load up the box and put the defending team under pressure, this is the complete opposite to the way city play. kdb took the game by the scruff once he came on

Completely different with fans back and VAR has improved considerably already.

Can’t remember a start to the season where all games ended in wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post

Can’t remember a start to the season where all games ended in wins.
    Not for "Citeh" it never

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Not for "Citeh" it never
    It’s citeh .
    3/10 for your half arsed insult.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    It’s citeh .
    3/10 for your half arsed insult.
    Just offering some correction to the mans post......no need for you to remain so anally sensitive about 22 millionaires kicking a leather clad bag of air around every weekend .....just sayin' like .....and I felt I had to offer my post because ......citeh never won...😂😂

A good signing and looking forward to seeing him in the PL each week.

I watched the mighty Blues v Huddersfield the other night. After a bit of Googling I found that it was being shown by a Portuguese sports channel which I managed to find. The commentary was like something from the Fast Show, prattle, prattle, prattle: Jordon Pickford. Prattle, prattle, prattle: Sheffield Wednesday - and so it went on. I wanted the commentator to say scorchio.

Master
    Seems like Manyoo have increased their attacking threat with a quick dip into the transfer market today... some old bloke from italy, I hear..... Now if they go out and get Nivez, Ndidi or Nevez to firm op the defensive midfield then they will have the best chance in years.
    Rob

Master
    United could get some real momentum going if the Ronaldo continues to slot and it’s keeps the energy up in the crowd.

City still got the best squad by miles but in my opinion should have went for Haaland. Time will tell if they are missing a proper 9.

Not looking good for Harvey Elliott.
    Looked like he was settling right in too and was going to have a good breakout season . Hoping for a good outcome for the lad .

I think it’s hugely unfair to direct criticism at sport fans when their only aim is to enjoy the sport(s) they love. Maybe it’ll be different when the Queen and Downing Street take a stand and stop cozying up to the Saudis or the BBC and all other major outlets stop covering sport in the kingdom and indeed the Premier League no longer take millions from BeIn Sports. But until then, let’s allow sport to be sport.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I think it’s hugely unfair to direct criticism at sport fans when their only aim is to enjoy the sport(s) they love. Maybe it’ll be different when the Queen and Downing Street take a stand and stop cozying up to the Saudis or the BBC and all other major outlets stop covering sport in the kingdom and indeed the Premier League no longer take millions from BeIn Sports. But until then, let’s allow sport to be sport.

Allow sport to be sport by giving another team the cheat code?

The sports dead, long live the deepest wallet contest.

Although their biggest task will be making Newcastle attractive as a city, I suspect many players will prefer to live near London or Cheshire.

Nice dig at the North East. Ever been? Whilst I agree the attraction of the capital is huge, especially for young lads with loads of cash, I don’t see how the North West is very much more attractive than Northumberland for example. Some amazing locations and property here.

Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post

Although their biggest task will be making Newcastle attractive as a city, I suspect many players will prefer to live near London or Cheshire.

Out of interest, when was this decided? Was it when Arsenal and Utd carved up the league between them and regularly broke the transfer spending record ? Maybe when Chelsea were taken over and they could compete? Or City with their filthy oil cheat money ?
    Deepest pockets have regularly driven a club upwards , not just since the Premier League was formed.

An$ that tired argument about making somewhere attractive ? If West Ham offer £200 k a week for Lingard and Newcastle offer £300 k ,there’s only one place he’s going . It’s like people have this idea of footballers walking around shopping centres tut tutting at the state of the place . It’s laughable . Most weeks, they willbe training , then playing . If they get time off , do you think they Uber into Manchester or Newcastle or Glasgow city centre or do they fly off to Ibiza or New York or Buenos Aires?

I don't live there but Newcastle is an amazing city. There are some fabulous
    properties all over and river view pads.
    Most of all are the warmth and welcoming Newcastle people and voted one of the top places to go out on a night.... footballers will love the place.
    I love the shopping up there too and if you southerners cared to visit Newcastle you'd have a change of heart.

Bruce has gone. Sad for him and his family but he's simply not good enough.

I think Eddie Howe will come in and I think that's why he rejected Celtic.

Steven Gerrard is sitting in a lay-by on the A1 awaiting a phone call...

...Well, that's what the Scottish media would have you believe!
    ______

​Jim.